Injury Ratugolea - Broken Ankle - Tibia + Fibula (VFL RETURN 25 AUGUST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SavRat was injured in a contest -

A very brave SavRat gave the thumbs-up, acknowledging the support of the crowd. What a gracious guy!
DeHedGJVAAAKlKe.jpg:large

Sav's right leg buckled under himself when caught at the bottom of a pack. He instantly felt for his right leg, just below his knee, after it was crushed at the bottom of a marking contest.

It's a huge loss for the team, SavRat immediately hit his groove in the team + quickly became a best 22 player.

Praying + hoping that Sav will recover + recover well, so he'll resume his career, as though he has never missed a beat.

Last edited:

finale

Rookie
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, Sanfrecce Hiroshima
This looked really bad. Hopefully it was a clean break and he can get back for the start of next year; I think that his mindset is one that will help him in his rehabilitation. That said, players usually don't come back the same after these types of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't get to see tonight's game but the news of Ratugolea's injury is just horrible.

He's done everything right, competed hard and is clearly well-liked by the playing group, and was just beginning to tap his potential.

From a selfish supporter's point of view I'll miss watching him develop and add new aspects to his game week-to-week; he's been fun to watch. And even during his quieter games we seemed to me to just look better structurally with him competing up forward and around the ground.

Really hoping this doesn't turn out a Barry Stoneham-like career-killer for the young man ..

hokee

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't get to see tonight's game but the news of Ratugolea's injury is just horrible.

He's done everything right, competed hard and is clearly well-liked by the playing group, and was just beginning to tap his potential.

From a selfish supporter's point of view I'll miss watching him develop and add new aspects to his game week-to-week; he's been fun to watch. And even during his quieter games we seemed to me to just look better structurally with him competing up forward and around the ground.

Really hoping this doesn't turn out a Barry Stoneham-like career-killer for the young man ..
Really don’t hope so. He has so much promise and been the shining light this year

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Really don’t hope so. He has so much promise and been the shining light this year

I briefly thought 'at least it wasn't the leg he uses to leap from' - then I realised it's his kicking leg (same as Stoneham's, from memory?) anyway; totally hoping that he can make a full recovery and have a long career a la James Kelly ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back