News Ray Gunston is the interim CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunston just an interim CEO. Depending on how this pans out I would not rule out Robson returning in 2014 if there is no major case to answer for. I see Adrian Andersons name has been raised - I'd be ropable if that muppet was employed as a boot studder at Essendon let alone CEO!

The best candidates would seem to be Gauci (ex storm) and Eugene Arocca.

I noticed recently the case of Vijay Singh - he took a WADA banned substance at the time. WADA then changed the classification of the drug (deer antler spray) and he had no case to answer for despite taking the substance when it was on the banned list. This situation may have relevance if AOD9604 is given approval soon and subsequently no longer be considered banned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on how this pans out I would not rule out Robson returning in 2014 if there is no major case to answer for.
I'd be stunned if he came back, even if there was no major case to answer for (in terms of players taking banned drugs).

He ostensibly left because of governance failures, which are effectively not in dispute - the Ziggy report laid them out publicly for all (especially the board) to see.

So regardless of whether those governance failures led to players taking banned drugs or not - and that may come down to technicalities way outside of Robson's purview - the governance failures were there, and governance failures at this level always get sheeted home to the CEO (or even higher, to the board).

Official

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-05-24/gunston-named-interim-ceo
Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Ray Gunston to the position of interim Chief Executive Officer.

Gunston, who replaces Ian Robson, was previously Chief Financial Officer of Tatts Group Limited and will commence the interim role effective immediately.

Essendon chairman David Evans said the Board ratified the appointment last night.

“On behalf of the Board, I am pleased to announce Ray Gunston has agreed to accept the role of CEO until at least the end of the season,” Evans said

“Ray is great fit for the club, he is extremely capable and very well qualified with his extensive experience in corporate Australia.”

“He will bring great leadership and expertise to the role at an important time for the Essendon Football Club.”

The club will now begin the recruitment process for its next Chief Executive Officer.

Gunston has had a professional career of great diversity, depth and leadership, innovation/initiative, and management capability, supplemented by a broad range of personal and semi-professional experiences across sport and broader interests.

He is a former Essendon Board member, former Director of AFL Victoria and Director of Sigma Pharmaceuticals.

So, Director of Sigma Pharmaceuticals eh?

"Former Essendon Board Member"

Wonder if he's still an Essendon man or has converted to the Hawks... not that it matters.

So, Director of Sigma Pharmaceuticals eh?

tumblr_mk9qiaLE1q1s28519o1_500_zps7cff70d6.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back