News Ray Gunston out of the CEO race

Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Not ideal.

I wouldn't have complained in the slightest if he'd put his hat in the ring. He's been quiet and unassuming in his time at Essendon and I haven't minded that at all.

Maybe we should go after that motor mouth from the Swans you know Mr Morals himself, Vlad seems to like him enough to let him have Buddy, so I'm sure he would fit in well at our club.

abers47

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2003
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Maybe we should go after that motor mouth from the Swans you know Mr Morals himself, Vlad seems to like him enough to let him have Buddy, so I'm sure he would fit in well at our club.

Twitter - Mark Robinson Ray Gunston out of running for Ess CEO.. does that leave door open for former Tennis Australia boss Steve Wood?

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting how he initially said he was keen for the permanent position.

Yeah I remember there was a fair bit of media coverage around the fact that he had taken on the initial temporary role and was keen to be made permanent. I wonder if he believed that Essendon had already been looking elsewhere or perhaps there were other reasons why he preferred not to stay (other job opportunities or anything else).

Didn't he say he wanted the permanent role?

My guess is that he's been informed someone else is getting it, and he's been given the option to save face publicly.

My guess is that he's been informed someone else is getting it, and he's been given the option to save face publicly.

Spot in, that's how I read it.

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I think you will find Gunston didn't want Bomber as our coach.

images

"The revolving door at Essendon continues with interim CEO Ray Gunston announcing he won't be seeking the job on a permanent basis." - Someone is unfamiliar with the word interim and what it means.

Jun 6, 2012
Earth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central District
"The revolving door at Essendon continues with interim CEO Ray Gunston announcing he won't be seeking the job on a permanent basis." - Someone is unfamiliar with the word interim and what it means.

Would be nice if you told us who that someone is.

Back