Current Raymond Edmunds aka Mr Stinky - Serial rapist & double murderer facing 31 cold case charges

Remove this Banner Ad

The notorious murderer and serial rapist nicknamed Mr Stinky will face court tomorrow charged with 31 historic sex and other offences dating back to 1971.

stinky.png

The notorious serial rapist and killer dubbed ‘Mr Stinky’ is facing 31 new charges including eight counts of rape.

The 74-year-old is currently serving life sentences for the 1966 murders of two teenagers in Shepparton.

He will face court tomorrow via video link on 31 fresh charges.

Police say the charges are in relation to 11 incidents that occurred within the two decades before he was arrested over the Shepparton murders and rape in 1985.

It’s alleged he broke into several homes and committed sexual assaults in Donvale, Greensborough, Wheelers Hill, Edithvale and Clayton.

Included in the 31 charges are:

• Eight counts of rape
  • 10 counts of burglary and aggravated burglary
  • One count of abduction
https://www.3aw.com.au/notorious-killer-mr-stinky-faces-dozens-of-new-charges-eight-counts-of-rape/

Raymond Edmunds, aka Donvale Rapist, Mr. Stinky, born 12 March 1944 at Queen Victoria Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, is a convicted rapist and double murderer who was active in Victoria, Australia from the 1960s to the mid-1980s.

Edmunds was dubbed "Mr Stinky" by a sub-editor from Melbourne's Sunday Press newspaper due to his offensive body odour which was believed to have been caused by a mixture of milk, manure and chemicals from his work as a share-cropping farmer on dairy properties.

Edmunds was convicted of the 1966 double murder and rape of 18-year-old panel beater Garry Charles Heywood and 16-year-old Abina Margaret Madill on 10 February 1966 at Shepparton, Victoria. Heywood was shot through the head with a .22 Mossberg self-loading rifle and Madill was raped and then bludgeoned to death.

Edmunds had allegedly previously raped and beaten his first wife and sexually abused his three-year-old daughter. Edmunds was also convicted of a series of rapes in the 1970s and early 80s that led the police to dub the then-unknown offender, "The Donvale Rapist".

Sergeant Andrew Wall, a Victoria Police fingerprint expert, matched two fingerprints found on the top of the FJ Holden motorcar owned by Heywood. This occurred before computerised processing of fingerprints was developed and fingerprint matching had to be done manually. The fingerprint evidence was deliberately kept quiet so as not to panic the offender or help him become more adept at hiding his prints. These fingerprints connected the Shepparton murders with one fingerprint found at the "Donvale Rapist" crime scene.

On 16 March 1985, Edmunds was arrested on unrelated charges of indecent exposure while parked in his station wagon in Albury, New South Wales. After his arrest, Edmunds was fingerprinted and the prints were matched with those found at the Shepparton crime scene. He was convicted and is now serving two life sentences with no minimum term for the murders and a total of 30 years for five rape convictions in Greensborough and Donvale.

Andrew Rule wrote one of his best books on Stinky, titled Cuckoo. Highly recommend if you ever come across it. Older copies with pictures are scarce but you might pick one up in a second hand bookshop somewhere.

Edmunds is the most depraved, sadistic monster.

Exactly. The forensics caught up with him

I'm sure his lawyer will be all over this corruption

Way to clear the books ..... The forensics caught him , im pretty sure he’s not getting out any time soon is he .

I didn’t mention corruption that’s where you have a distorted view of fact and fiction .
But then again any man that puts out a memo to the public , chasing details of humans on a night out , would certainly clash between fact and fiction Or even a moral ground .

Way to clear the books ..... The forensics caught him , im pretty sure he’s not getting out any time soon is he .

I didn’t mention corruption that’s where you have a distorted view of fact and fiction .
But then again any man that puts out a memo to the public , chasing details of humans on a night out , would certainly clash between fact and fiction Or even a moral ground .
:D triggered much

Given your posting history and obsession with patsys and conspiracies its correct to assume you dont believe these charges are valid. Therefore the use of corruption is apt. If his lawyer also believes he is being set up then they will challenge the forensics.

This was incredibly sad. Stinky is still a suspect in Elaine Jones murder on a Murray River camping spot.

Elaine Jones was murdered while on holiday in Tocumwal with her husband and two of their children in January 1980.

Rapist and murderer Raymond 'Mr Stinky' Edmunds.

Her husband Alan died from a heart attack after finding her naked body in the Murray the morning after she vanished.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...urray-river-camping-spot-20150116-12rzm2.html

This was incredibly sad. Stinky is still a suspect in Elaine Jones murder on a Murray River camping spot.

Elaine Jones was murdered while on holiday in Tocumwal with her husband and two of their children in January 1980.

Rapist and murderer Raymond 'Mr Stinky' Edmunds.

Her husband Alan died from a heart attack after finding her naked body in the Murray the morning after she vanished.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...urray-river-camping-spot-20150116-12rzm2.html
Hopefully it was him 👍

Kevin Bacon moment. Stinky was born in the same hospital as me and committed sexual assault in the suburb i grew up in and lived in for 40 years. I wonder if the charges have come at this time to make sure he faces court before he dies?

Kevin Bacon moment. Stinky was born in the same hospital as me and committed sexual assault in the suburb i grew up in and lived in for 40 years. I wonder if the charges have come at this time to make sure he faces court before he dies?

He's a terrible person. My first memory as a child and realising people did bad things was lying awake at my Nanna's house in Shepparton listening to my aunts whisper in the kitchen about Abina (cousins or something) and Gary's murder years and years later. They were taken from the end of my Nanna's street on the Lake.

Kids hear everything.

He's a terrible person. My first memory as a child and realising people did bad things was lying awake at my Nanna's house in Shepparton listening to my aunts whisper in the kitchen about Abina (cousins or something) and Gary's murder years and years later. They were taken from the end of my Nanna's street on the Lake.

Kids hear everything.
Sounds like a few posters could of been victims, good way to clear the forum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfffft says you . I’m sorry I don’t partake in your hashing of theories I don’t buy it . Interesting tho about miss bishop sounds like karmas worked a trick on her .

Hmmmm 71yo.

A 74-year-old man has faced a Melbourne court accused of burgling homes, raping women and girls, and abducting a victim by force in a historical crime spree.

Raymond Edmunds appeared via video link in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday for a filing hearing, charged with 31 offences.

The offences relate to 11 incidents that allegedly occurred between 1971 to 1984 across Greensborough, Clayton, Wheelers Hill, Edithvale, Dingley and Donvale.

Edmunds is charged with four counts of rape, three of indecent assault, four counts of carnal knowledge and abducting a woman by force.

He is also charged with 10 counts of burglary with intent to assault, during which he was sometimes armed with a knife, or in one case, a four-foot plank of wood.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...cal-rapes-and-burglaries-20190118-p50sb0.html

can someone please explain: they would have had his DNA and DNA from crime scenes that would have matched why has it taken 20 years to charge him?
A couple of reasons but a lot to do with money

A lot of those files may have sat in the archives since they were created.
Nobody may have linked them.
Once they started looking at them again , each file would have had separate DNA testing done until they realised they could link them

All takes time , money and updated techniques

so we don't have codis like America where all convicted criminals DNA is on file and when an unknown DNA from a crime is entered it is matched?
I dont know , possibly

Again I think all the old files need to be transferred across and thats time and money

Indicated he will plead guilty to 10 of the charges relevant to 9 separate victims, some were dropped. I wonder if they looked at him for the Easey Street murders.

The charges include rape, indecent assault, bodily harm and one count of unlawful imprisonment.

The alleged assaults took place from 1971 to 1984 in the Melbourne suburbs of Clayton, Edithvale, Wheelers Hill, Greensborough and Donvale.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...n-court-over-historical-sex-offences/11076988

Remove this Banner Ad

Back