Razor Ray opinion poll

Razor Ray opinion poll

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind Razor at all. I may be influenced by the fact that I knew him from cricket here in Canberra (he was a cheeky wicket-keeper for Tuggeranong in 1st Grade), and I got to know him as a genuine bloke.
He's very extroverted and opinionated, and we've had him speak to our cricket umpires since he hit the big time, and he is a natural on that score. Very infectious and happy/outgoing personality. Has many good stories about AFL umpiring, which he is happy to share.
As far as umpiring goes, he can definitely be guilty of a "look at me" factor, but I think when it's a really big game - eg the 2010 GF and GF Replay - he and his colleagues for those matches was excellent, umpiring the game as it should be: only the blatant free kicks were awarded, they let all the soft 50/50s go, and he always seems to communicate with the players well.

having actually met him and had a conversation with him I like him, very friendly bloke. If I had never had that experience id probably reverse that opinion

Back