razor ray real disgrace to the game

Remove this Banner Ad

If you simply pay attention to his actual decision making he's generally above average for an AFL umpire, people though tend to notice and really remember when he makes mistakes because the bloke "makes it all about him."

Never have a problem when I see his name on the list for a Freo game but there are about 10 other clowns I just think ughhh when I see theirs.
if chamberlain is above average ,the rest are s**t

you never see NRL officials attempting to upstage the players,tho Bill back in the day had a bit of Hollywood about him

Harrigan hey - he used to rile some coaches

Bob Fulton when coaching Manly one day ( when Harrigan was officiating ) they asked Bozo after the game - what did he think of the referee

He said - quote " I hope he gets run over by a cement truck " - i think they brought in the 10k fines not long after that

As for attention seeking - controversial refs/umpires - eg Chamberlain Harrigan Margetts etc - none of them hold a candle to " The Grasshopper "

Can someone confirm that Chris SCOTT specifically told Razor not to bounce the ball anymore? If so, and he already knows he can't bounce the ball, why would he keep bouncing unless it was all about him.

When Marshall was having a shot in the last, you can see Razor practising his bouncing. Ray bounces ball, it goes straight sideways, doesn't call it back, then misses a blatant free kick. But it's not all about him.

Derek HUMPHREY SMITH (and I'm sure there are others) was apparently a good umpire who couldn't bounce the ball so was given the flick. Razor seems to be Teflon because his bouncing hasn't just turned to sh*te recently.

I know an ex AFL umpire very well and can 100% confirm he was ‘delisted’ because of issues with his bouncing. I’m obviously bias, but thought he was an absolute ripper of an umpire in regards to his decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Overly theatrical or not, I stand by my opinion that he's the least likely of any umpire to give in to the home crowd and just calls it as he sees it. If I had to select the umpires for every game we play he'd be the first picked every time.

Razor only has one bias which is to himself.

What makes him a good umpire is his willingness to make the big calls.

I've never watched a game where I felt Razor was making calls based on the crowd.

Razor is a gun umpire, commands respect and knows how to get it when he isnt, wheres the problem.
Reminds me of an NRL umpire, blows the whistle and explains why with confidence.
Nothing wrong with a bit of confidence If youre good at your craft.
People always bag the umpires for being amatuer, well Ray is as professional as we have and people still whinge.

Keep up the good work Razor, some of us appreciate it.
no wuckers Mrs Chamberlain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see it’s ramped up for a while that channel 7 are getting criticism for having him on the mic at high volume. It’s a shame that BT & co built up his persona so much that he’s known as “Razor” and he then acts up to it when he’s umpiring.

The best umpires are the ones you barely notice

I reckon his horrendous bouncing in this finals series has cost him.

I can see them going for a safe appointment as a replacement, so I expect that they will bring back Simon Meredith.

Check the logo

Overly theatrical or not, I stand by my opinion that he's the least likely of any umpire to give in to the home crowd and just calls it as he sees it. If I had to select the umpires for every game we play he'd be the first picked every time.
Yep
Don't mind the old Razor , bizarre individual but very precise clear decisions and instructions.
Love how he takes no s**t from the players

So let me get this straight....

When Razor does poorly, he gets a second week final. When he is quiet in comparison to usual in that second week final, he is dropped?

Do these umpire selectors like chaos or something? I think Stevic is terrible too yet he gets the GF almost every year these days.

So let me get this straight....

When Razor does poorly, he gets a second week final. When he is quiet in comparison to usual in that second week final, he is dropped?

Do these umpire selectors like chaos or something? I think Stevic is terrible too yet he gets the GF almost every year these days.
Hes the best bouncer in the game, but the worst decision maker

He'll get the opening bounce and Bt will say Matt Stevic best bouncer in the game.

My biggest issue with all of this is that umpires genuinely appear to get selected / not selected based on their ability to bounce the ball (or not). Pick the best umpires and let them throw it up ffs.

As for ray, for the geel v port final he paid probably 80% of the frees for the night. Does someone not look at those stats and tell him to put the whistle away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back