Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ray "this is my show" Chamberlain.

Can we stop this guy from umpiring North games?

How many absolutely deplorable decisions has this guy made against us?

Can not stand the condescending way he speaks to players too. Absolute tool.

Ho, ho ho, ho...who cares if he ruins 12 months of development and hard work with 8 minutes of absolute incompetence........he's suck a "character"

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's other umpires as bad as Chamberlain, but few of them over-emphasise their calls the way he does, then after a bad call chase down the players with their hands making a megaphone to justify the call (often with complete bulldust), ensuring that the microphone picks up the explanation as he does it.

He is a pumped up, full of ego little man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Razor’s on SEN now and Geraldo started by saying “everyone wants to know why Jack Ziebell wasn’t awarded a free kick.”

“I watched it back immediately after the game and quite simply it was an error. Jack knew he had Dangerfield done as the ball headed his way and he was contacted from the front. To be honest I was being stubborn after seeing Jack go to ground with a bit of mayo on it but it was my mistake. He should’ve been awarded a free kick, no question.”

As a result of this error Geelong went the length of the ground and kicked their own goal, creating a two goal turnaround in what was, to that point, a very close game.

Fairbloodydinkum!

Razor’s on SEN now and Geraldo started by saying “everyone wants to know why Jack Ziebell wasn’t awarded a free kick.”

“I watched it back immediately after the game and quite simply it was an error. Jack knew he had Dangerfield done as the ball headed his way and he was contacted from the front. To be honest I was being stubborn after seeing Jack go to ground with a bit of mayo on it but it was my mistake. He should’ve been awarded a free kick, no question.”

As a result of this error Geelong went the length of the ground and kicked their own goal, creating a two goal turnaround in what was, to that point, a very close game.

Fairbloodydinkum!
I do like his honesty. Can’t do much more than say I was wrong. But it was a big moment in the game.

OMG! Razor Ray does my head in! He went on to say it wasn't an issue and he needed to move on straight away. It was an issue! We recorded the lowest score in the clubs history and his "stubbornness" as he calls it changed the momentum of the game. Its not the first time and it won't be the last.

Fairbloodydinkum!
“To be honest I was being stubborn after seeing Jack go to ground with a bit of mayo on it but it was my mistake. He should’ve been awarded a free kick, no question.”

He shouldn’t be an umpire in that case. He just shouldn't. Geelong player having no eyes on the footy whatsoever meant what Jack did was inconsequential to the play. It was both front on contact and a blocking freekick.

He’ll get picked again though. Just a joke.

Fairbloodydinkum!

"Mayo on it" - no floggo, it was a legit free you got wrong.

That comment by Ray indicates he lets his ego get in the way of adjudicating - something we’ve all known for years. He’s just admitted as such.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's exactly what he said to Ziebell. After the incident Jack asked and you could see Ray say "you put too much Mayo on it"

He's a * wit. To make matters worse BT tracks him down a few weeks ago during a 'roaming Brian' segment and gives him an award. AFL loves its characters and by doing stuff like that it just encourages Ray more.

That's exactly what he said to Ziebell. After the incident Jack asked and you could see Ray say "you put too much Mayo on it"

He's a fu** wit. To make matters worse BT tracks him down a few weeks ago during a 'roaming Brian' segment and gives him an award. AFL loves its characters and by doing stuff like that it just encourages Ray more.

Yep.

Ray knows the comp is Sports Entertainment and that head office want characters and narratives.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep.

Ray knows the comp is Sports Entertainment and that head office want characters and narratives.
Hey if Roamin' Brian can not only get a segment but also have the AFL interviewing players asking what they think about the segment...well it's all fair game.

Just don't say anything negative about these characters/gimmicks that are shoved down our throats otherwise you're a troll/keyboard warrior. Say it at the game and you'll be ejected and banned.

For every 1 older supporter shaking their head in disgust and complaining about the state of the game, there are another 5 kids grinning and saying they low these entertainers. We don't matter and the AFL has made that abundantly clear over the past decade.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That comment by Ray indicates he lets his ego get in the way of adjudicating - something we’ve all known for years. He’s just admitted as such.
It’s a ******* joke.

He has just admitted that he has let his personal bias affect the way he calls the game.

Hey you little ******* gimp, you have a job to do and that is call the game according to the rules.

This bloke needs to be reprimanded. His ego and need for crowd adulation has taken over from the job he is employed to do.

If the AFL are serious about integrity of their game then send him to the VFL and make a statement to the umpiring community, you are hear to do a job, if you can’t do it without personal bias then * off.

I’m sure the little gimp would pull into line pretty quickly if he was forced to umpire at sburban grounds with no cameras and crowd.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Fairbloodydinkum!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHAT ******* GOOD IS THAT TO US NOW!

The ball went straight down the other end..............BANG...........12 point play.

Then the Hawkins monstrosity. That's there half time lead in a nutshell. Balance the books and North are in front at half time and the game has a whole different aspect. These idiots are making the game unwatchable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back