Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Ely Smith

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Liam Stocker

Votes: 27 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really dont believe there should be any pressure on any kids to play in their 1st year or on the clubs which selected them, Most are just 18 and need development. Some player get opportunity and do well but some just need time to build Fitness,Muscle or just game sense/plan

Richmond have RCD/Ross/Naish/Turner currently in the vfl and am more than happy if none are given games this year and develop their craft for a year

It's an interesting one and certainly will hold some interest over the next couple of season.

If Carlton took their future 1st to the trade table during trade week, they would have asked a heck of a lot more than Stoker and a mid/late 1st Rounder.

I can only imagine SOS was of the opinion that Carlton were about to have a significant rise up the ladder. They would also hope Adelaide don't return to finals (or get an easy draw). The bottom line is that Carlton need to triple their wins to get out of the bottom 4, and I suspect that's the only way this trade is going to look at least reasonable in the future. But that's not what Silvagni was dealing with. He was dealing with the hand in front of him at the time.

It's not a bad thing.

The trade means Silvagni has backed in the list he's built to vastly improve this year, which I'm sure Blues fans would be extremely pleased about. Sure, it was a risk (and risk of some egg-on-face), but the List Managers have made a statement that they are going to turn over every stone to get the club back on the path to Premierships. It's bold, inventive and sends a really strong message.

I just hope the Carlton fans don't call for SOS's head if it all goes pear shaped (which it very well could). They backed Silvagni - the Board gave Silvagni the job and let him have the power to make a Captian's Call during live trade.

And, if it all fizzes out - at least we had some good viewing on trade day. The rest was an boring as bat-sh*t.
hes banked some brownie points mate .media might spin it but hes strategy's very solid ,dosent miss to much for the cards hes got

Back