Review Rd 1, 2019: Geelong defeats Pies at MCG by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a pathetically stupid saying used by the uneducated in an attempt to justify their own biases. It's the type of saying that comes from Trump supporters.

It's like saying an exam score of 35/100 is a better result than 75/100 under certain conditions???
The NFL uses stats for absolutely everything anyone who ignores them is totally subjective to his random biases.

It's like saying an exam score of 35/100 is a better result than 75/100 under certain conditions???
The NFL uses stats for absolutely everything anyone who ignores them is totally subjective to his random biases.
Do you think 10 Gary Ablett possessions are worth the same as 10 Wilie Buzza possessions?

I know there's been a fair bit of talk & rightfully praise for Rohan's efforts at the end of the match with his chase from the forward pocket to lay a tackle in the middle of the ground. It seems to have been talked about in a GFC podcast but they have also got a clip to go with the podcast & the clip includes footage from behind the goals, tracking Rohan & his efforts in that play:

I know there's been a fair bit of talk & rightfully praise for Rohan's efforts at the end of the match with his chase from the forward pocket to lay a tackle in the middle of the ground. It seems to have been talked about in a GFC podcast but they have also got a clip to go with the podcast & the clip includes footage from behind the goals, tracking Rohan & his efforts in that play:

I was just about to link that. 50 seconds left in the game, I don't think Collingwood would have scored from this attack but he completely ices it. And that is hard work that a few of our forwards just wouldn't have put in over the last few years.

Pressures, makes a hit, then gets a kick to a team mate. Only gets one stat there though.

WTF???

It's something that I was taught in every maths class & psychology class I ever studied and there's merit behind it.

Raw statistics and numbers can be useful, but they can be interpreted differently and used to back-up/defend different points depending on what you want them to say.

I'm happy to use statistics when making a point, but I also know the importance of being selective with what I use because one number may help your point but the next number hurts the same point.
Statistics is data, how it is interpreted is information. The same data can be interpreted in many different ways to suit many arguments. Hence the original quote.

Quite brilliant effort that.

Apologies for the delay in getting this up, there'll be a much quicker turnaround for this week's Melbourne clash. For anybody that didn't see one of these posts in the 2nd half of last season, these are the midfield frequency stats from your match (ie. how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces). I'll be posting these after Geelong's FTA matches (including any finals).

Overall Summary (22 Bounces)

Kelly 19 (2w)
Duncan 18 (11w, 7i)
J.Selwood 18 (13w, 5i)
Dangerfield 16
Menegola 12 (8i, 4w)
Constable 11 (3w)
Parfitt 8 (2w)
Dahlhaus 6 wing
Atkins 1 wing
Ablett 1

Rucks:
Stanley 20 (Grundy 22)
Ratugolea 2

1st Half Breakdown

Duncan 8 wing (1i)
J.Selwood 8 (5w, 3i)
Dangerfield 8
Kelly 7
Constable 5 (3i, 2w)
Parfitt 4 (3i, 1w)
Menegola 4 (2i, 2w)

2nd Half Breakdown

Kelly 12 (2w)
Duncan 10 (6i, 4w)
J.Selwood 10 wing (2i)
Dangerfield 8
Menegola 8 (4i, 4w)
Constable 6 (1w)
Dahlhaus 6 wing
Parfitt 4 (3i, 1w)
Atkins 1 wing
Ablett 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering that there was 14 days between our JLT match against Essendon & our match against Collingwood, did we technically win after a bye week? ;)

Whatever. Rohan played well and was exciting. If he is exciting to US, he must be frightening to THEM. Im backing in what I saw on the weekend. May be round 1, but Im going to hold my optimism here. If this is how we are going to play, Ive got my big bag of excitey popcorn out for the season.

Stanley was an absolute spud the first 3/4... Good to see him contribute in the last with some key wins... Good win by the boys - it's going to be a season of highs and lows for sure. Hopefully the forward line functions a bit smoother as they gel.

Have seen the first quarter three times now, so have an advantage: no, he wasn't. He did some really important things.

Apologies for the delay in getting this up, there'll be a much quicker turnaround for this week's Melbourne clash. For anybody that didn't see one of these posts in the 2nd half of last season, these are the midfield frequency stats from your match (ie. how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces). I'll be posting these after Geelong's FTA matches (including any finals).

Overall Summary (22 Bounces)

Kelly 19 (2w)
Duncan 18 (11w, 7i)
J.Selwood 18 (13w, 5i)
Dangerfield 16
Menegola 12 (8i, 4w)
Constable 11 (3w)
Parfitt 8 (2w)
Dahlhaus 6 wing
Atkins 1 wing
Ablett 1

Rucks:
Stanley 20 (Grundy 22)
Ratugolea 2

1st Half Breakdown

Duncan 8 wing (1i)
J.Selwood 8 (5w, 3i)
Dangerfield 8
Kelly 7
Constable 5 (3i, 2w)
Parfitt 4 (3i, 1w)
Menegola 4 (2i, 2w)

2nd Half Breakdown

Kelly 12 (2w)
Duncan 10 (6i, 4w)
J.Selwood 10 wing (2i)
Dangerfield 8
Menegola 8 (4i, 4w)
Constable 6 (1w)
Dahlhaus 6 wing
Parfitt 4 (3i, 1w)
Atkins 1 wing
Ablett 1

Thanks mate!

Wow! He left Clark for dead in that chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back