Review Rd 1, 2019: Win vs Sydney - autopsy. 82-65

Remove this Banner Ad

What the heck happened at 3QT?! Did all the players dip their hands in melted butter? Why?

Luke, moving Naughton to defence needed to happen sooner. Next time don't wait until our lead is hanging by a thread. With our defence as short as it was, there was always the possibility of a blowout if Sydney's midfield had a good period, which they did in the 4th quarter.

English has to go back to the VFL. Sydney showed him no respect putting Grundy and Aliir against him in the ruck, and you can see why. He is literally the skinniest and weakest 100kg player in the AFL, and if he's not tumbling down under minimal pressure, he's tapping it down the throats of the Sydney mids (especially in the 4th qtr). He's also not a good mark at all; guys like McVeigh and J.Lloyd are beating him in marking contests easily. I don't want to pick on him too much because he's still young, but Trenners should be our ruck right now, no question.
We won the game and all you can do is bag English. Concentrate on the positives, of which there are plenty.

What the heck happened at 3QT?! Did all the players dip their hands in melted butter? Why?

Luke, moving Naughton to defence needed to happen sooner. Next time don't wait until our lead is hanging by a thread. With our defence as short as it was, there was always the possibility of a blowout if Sydney's midfield had a good period, which they did in the 4th quarter.

English has to go back to the VFL. Sydney showed him no respect putting Grundy and Aliir against him in the ruck, and you can see why. He is literally the skinniest and weakest 100kg player in the AFL, and if he's not tumbling down under minimal pressure, he's tapping it down the throats of the Sydney mids (especially in the 4th qtr). He's also not a good mark at all; guys like McVeigh and J.Lloyd are beating him in marking contests easily. I don't want to pick on him too much because he's still young, but Trenners should be our ruck right now, no question.
Agree with the other posters - you’re
are a negative campaigner. What a win - what a time to be alive!

Naughton.

Could he be The Answer?

Very exciting.

Libba back!

Lloyds polish was noticeable. Thanks Tiges.

Like to see Smith made to earn his spot. Not quite ready yet.
Remember Wood fwdmove last year. Brave one Bev going the Nautty fwd

Seriously that’s you’re take? Our undersized backline held their own for 3 quarters. I feared Sydneys tall would kill us, but Naughton kicks 3, and I though Timmy held him s own in the middle.

Lol wow

Did u even watch the game ?

We dominated the midfield until English gassed out. A 20 year old kid wit less than ten games held his own and you sh!t can him.

We couldn’t save the game we had to kick goals to win and moving Naughts back is a horribly negative look to the boys out there, it basically says we try and hold on now. You can’t do that 3-4 goals in front. That being said I still think he should play back

Learn footy then come chat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just don’t know how to do things easily haha.

First three quarters we played as well as we’ve played for a long time. Shat the bed a bit in the last quarter as Sydney really ramped up intensity, which happens to young sides, but it showed a lot of stones to fight back and finish the job when they got back within a goal.

I’ve been firmly in the keep Naughton back camp, not because I don’t think he can be a good forward but didn’t think we’d be able to hold up without him in defense. Backline really held up, Wood really lead the way and with frenetic pressure upfield it wasn’t often that they were caught in one on one contests. Once it hit the ground we had control.

Great to see Bontempelli spend so much time in the middle, probably had the mix between his time middle and forward just about spot on today.

Dude seriously. Have a beer and enjoy the win
We won the game and all you can do is bag English. Concentrate on the positives, of which there are plenty.
If you want to see posts celebrating the win, you have an extensive catalog within this thread. Last I checked, there was no rule forcing people to universally conform to what you want to hear.

That's not to say I didn't celebrate, but I couldn't care less about signalling my celebrations here.

My word, did Dunkley really stand out to any one other than me? I thought he was absolutely brilliant
There were some suggesting he should be traded to fit some class in. He is our engine room. s**t kick, but is a contested monster. He should never be played solely forward again.

Lol wow

Did u even watch the game ?

We dominated the midfield until English gassed out. A 20 year old kid wit less than ten games held his own and you sh!t can him.

We couldn’t save the game we had to kick goals to win and moving Naughts back is a horribly negative look to the boys out there, it basically says we try and hold on now. You can’t do that 3-4 goals in front. That being said I still think he should play back

Learn footy then come chat
Weren't you saying our season was over after our last JLT Game?

How embarrassing.

A very good win against a seasoned side.

Sloppy skills let them back in the game but we held tough then turned the game back our way.

Staggered with the English comments. For a 20 year old more than held his own and was a key towards the end.

Would persist with Naughton forward looks dangerous down there and unbalanced the Swans backline

For those saying we tired, we must have. I've come outta there like I've been in a sauna for 3 hours. No roof open and no breeze it was bloody HOT. They did really really well. Esp to come back after the challenge. Saw them coming down the race and they were really pleased so that's good. Saw Bevo go up to Gordon and say something while patting his heart - so Bevo had a scare too, but the smile on his face said it all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weren't you saying our season was over after our last JLT Game?

How embarrassing.

Lol we won one game relax muppet

But to say English didn’t play ok proves how little you know. Go read champion data stats and let them tell you who played well

Great effort and I tipped us to get flogged

I was surprised by both teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back