Review Rd 1, 2019: Win vs Sydney - autopsy. 82-65

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy with that. Pressure was great. Haven’t seen a performance like that for a while. Maybe cats game last year? My only negative - is the decision making of Wood...but in the air he was amazing.

Lol we won one game relax muppet

But to say English didn’t play ok proves how little you know. Go read champion data stats and let them tell you who played well

Great effort and I tipped us to get flogged

I was surprised by both teams
You said season over when we lost the JLT.

You have 0 credibility, sorry.

So happy with that. Pressure was great. Haven’t seen a performance like that for a while. Maybe cats game last year? My only negative - is the decision making of Wood...but in the air he was amazing.
What's concerning is that he's forgotten how to take a mark. Used to be one of the best interceptors in the competition.

We have won one game so that’s the season is it??

You coming at me coz you made a twat of yourself bagging a kid

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa need a tissue?
Once again, you said season over after the JLT.

You have 0 credibility, and every post you make further confirms that notion. Time for you to move on.

Once again, you said season over after the JLT.

You have 0 credibility, and every post you make further confirms that notion. Time for you to move on.

Hahahahahahh keep digging. People say I’m negative you can’t even enjoy a win you big sook

Is our season saved now after one win? Hahahahaha

Get to bed, Monday is a school day you don’t want to be cranky

Ignore for you i can’t read comments by people who have no idea how to watch a game of footy.

Ciao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost the plot for 10 minutes in the last and the first 10 of the game but dominated the rest. All that over handballing rubbish was replaced by kicking to position and hard contests. Smashed them in contested possessions and Libba, Bont and Macrae contested possessions were clean, not just shovels in hope. I’ll take Bonts 17/12 over Cripps 10/22 every day of the week.

Defense was able to defend because our 2016 pressure upfield made for poor entries and our big leapers brought the ball down. Wood was superb and Caleb mopped up. Duryea looked like someone who played in two premierships with best team in the AFL. Only got lost in last because the Swans got open uncontested kick ball inside 50.

Like Grant in the 90s already wish we had two Naughtons. Inside 40, he’s already our most reliable set shot. Very uncomplicated in the Dickson mold. Walk in straight and kick the leg out straight apparently works. Maclean underrated again - often gets that clutch possession when we need it. Lloyd excellent.

Richards did some good physical silky stuff - still needs to get it more but give him time. Same with Smith. Ordinary first half but I thought he did some important contested stuff that set us up or saved us. Long way to go but wish some negative nellies here would give him more than one game before declaring him officially not ready. Williams had some shocking kicks but also had some defensive wins that were just as important so unlike those who have picked him as the 2019 whipping boy, I’ll await a greater body of work before condemning him.

Very few expected a win so I’m keeping my rose coloured glasses on this week. A great win made possible by our great players. Celebrations only. Keep the negative thoughts I had before Bont got that goal to myself. Enjoy the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney allowed us to play the channel and then couldn’t deal with chaos footy into the forward line

My biggest concern was how easily they opened us up when they decided to run.

I couldn’t get to the game live so did anyone at the game see the whole ground and how they made so much space? Was it just us running out of tank or did they change structure?

Well... I saw maybe one or two passages of play in the preseason that had a small amount of flow, but nothing like what the team put together tonight. Yep, it was ugly at times, and yes we ran out of legs and nearly got rolled, but that was some pretty enjoyable round one footy. We had Sydney well covered for most of the night (one goal in a half!). Very very even contribution.
Loved Libba looking happy and loose - I've missed him.
Naughton did the job he was asked to do, so well done to him and tbh, well done to Bevo for having the balls after the Wood failed experiment last season.
Good first up games by both our recruits from other clubs in Duryea and Lloyd. I was wondering about Duryea after the JLT.
Obviously we won't get let off missing so many easy shots on goal as the season goes on, but I'll take the win today!

It's such a shame that it still happens when we win.
Look, if you want to turn a blind eye to any remotely critical post, you and every other poster have an ignore function you're free to use.

I agree with most of the positivity, so I feel less inclined to peddle the same thoughts. As a result, I chose to highlight things I had issues with. Meanwhile when we lose and everyone is angry, I find it more worthwhile to highlight positives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back