Review Rd 1, 2019: Win vs Sydney - autopsy. 82-65

Remove this Banner Ad

Some good signs with some players finding form. Having libba back definitely makes a difference on today’s outcome

What the heck happened at 3QT?! Did all the players dip their hands in melted butter? Why?

Luke, moving Naughton to defence needed to happen sooner. Next time don't wait until our lead is hanging by a thread. With our defence as short as it was, there was always the possibility of a blowout if Sydney's midfield had a good period, which they did in the 4th quarter.

English has to go back to the VFL. Sydney showed him no respect putting Grundy and Aliir against him in the ruck, and you can see why. He is literally the skinniest and weakest 100kg player in the AFL, and if he's not tumbling down under minimal pressure, he's tapping it down the throats of the Sydney mids (especially in the 4th qtr). He's also not a good mark at all; guys like McVeigh and J.Lloyd are beating him in marking contests easily. I don't want to pick on him too much because he's still young, but Trenners should be our ruck right now, no question.

Can the Thor jumper be our permanent home jumper please?

In all seriousness, that was a solid performance. Bont looked in very good form, Naughton was solid, Libba played very well and Sam Lloyd looks to be a great pick up with a couple of handy contributions near the end.

Contested ball and clearances back to a very high level, I think Libba being back to the side and playing well contributed to that.

Last edited:
I think Smith will be better for the run, the coaches obviously see a roll for him. Was surprised Duryea was so good. Knew Lloyd would be a good pickup. Libba back was fantastic.

Most players played their roll - Williams probably the worst of the team. I think English was great and dug deep late in that last quarter.

Bont and McLean were superb late. Daniel wasn’t a liability and was brilliant particularly early. Very even team effort to be honest most players had good moments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for bongs Lloyd big game for him he really should of played more at Richmond but was stuck in that 23rd man role and he’s much too good for that.

22 disposals 2 clearances 3 tackles 2 goals 8 score involvements

Hope he has a big year for your club have a massive soft spot for Lloyd

What the heck happened at 3QT?! Did all the players dip their hands in melted butter? Why?

Luke, moving Naughton to defence needed to happen sooner. Next time don't wait until our lead is hanging by a thread. With our defence as short as it was, there was always the possibility of a blowout if Sydney's midfield had a good period, which they did in the 4th quarter.

English has to go back to the VFL. Sydney showed him no respect putting Grundy and Aliir against him in the ruck, and you can see why. He is literally the skinniest and weakest 100kg player in the AFL, and if he's not tumbling down under minimal pressure, he's tapping it down the throats of the Sydney mids (especially in the 4th qtr). He's also not a good mark at all; guys like McVeigh and J.Lloyd are beating him in marking contests easily. I don't want to pick on him too much because he's still young, but Trenners should be our ruck right now, no question.
Dude seriously. Have a beer and enjoy the win

It's been such a long summer for me. I'm so glad the footy is back. Seeing the boys fight back in that last quarter was so uplifting. Thanks for Lloyd, Tigers. You w***ers!

I hope Damian Barrett watched that.

:p

It's been such a long summer for me. I'm so glad the footy is back. Seeing the boys fight back in that last quarter was so uplifting. Thanks for Lloyd, Tigers. You w***ers!

I hope Damian Barrett watched that.

:p

No problem

Think he played a better game tonight than he ever did for us. The moved did him good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back