Autopsy Rd 1, 2021. Blues fight hard but fade late

Who played well for Carlton in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy won't win as much of the ball but his ball use tonight was top notch. More impact player now

Gibbo's first qtr was atrocious by the way

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Nothing between the two efficiency wise though. Both at 80%.

We have very few players retiring in the next 6 to 8 years who we will miss on Gameday. It was the same scenario for Richmond about 5 or 6 years ago. Only Chris Newman to really replace and all upside.

Our upside and continued improvement as a team is massive. A very enjoyable period coming up for us.

Jack Russell.......

So it is Russell's fault that Jack subluxed his shoulder in a desperate tackle? That Charlie is a young man who does young man crap, including lifting while in a lockdown that somehow should have been supervised (good one McLure), that a tall, young man has back issues related to growth. I can keep going...

Probably right but I think his 2020 season burnt me so much, I thought last year he was very ordinary....

He was very good tonight but didn't go that next level like their best player did.....we need him to do it when playing the best (as well as others to stand up but the best of the best do when needed)

Martin had the benefit of the run of play and a massive number of inside 50 entries. Spent much more time forward in the second half to capitalise on the run of play. We were beaten at the contest, I'd like to see the reply to judge why.

So it is Russell's fault that Jack subluxed his shoulder in a desperate tackle? That Charlie is a young man who does young man crap, including lifting while in a lockdown that somehow should have been supervised (good one McLure), that a tall, young man has back issues related to growth. I can keep going...
De koning...yep, I'd say thats a load problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echo a lot of my sentiments about all those players although I found it hard to pick out Fogarty as was sitting so far back so will have to try to notice more of him by catching a replay on Kayo during the weekend.

When I was arriving home, some absolute flog on radio was bagging the sh*t out of Dow and making it sound like he been there six or seven years and had too many chances...
Absolute muppet. Dow is going in the right direction. Only an idiot cannot see that.
I was impressed with Fogarty, I must admit I didn’t see much in him in the preseason games, but he looked very good on tv and it was a very solid Carlton debut for him. Great pressure and a good footy brain.

Only changes I can see for next week is JSOS out - OMac in. If Gov is okay to go, it may be at the expense of Levi who was clearly hampered.

Williams in for LOB too.

If Martin is ready, maybe he can be the sub, or keep Levi in and make Gov the sub if ready.

No calls for Newnes to be dropped this week and no doubts on Fog to keep getting games.

Lacked the speed and in the end fitness to apply enough pressure.

Stats may suggest a passable game but Dow's workrate and defensive capabilities showed little improvement. Spectates far too often for an inside mid, and isn't damaging enough to carry his weaknesses. I still can't wrap my head around him having elite burst speed while simultaneously looking like one of the slowest players on the ground.

Looking forward to adding Williams and seeing how we compare to a team around our level. Fogarty and Saad were great additions.

Martin had the benefit of the run of play and a massive number of inside 50 entries. Spent much more time forward in the second half to capitalise on the run of play. We were beaten at the contest, I'd like to see the reply to judge why.
We had as much of the run of play as them, Cripps a massive chance to kick a goal and failed the test.....again....like 2020 all over again .

If he wants to be the best, it's the area he has to seriously improve at

Can't believe anyone was talking him up (even without O Mac's performance), he's a shocking player- why would anyone talk him up?

Don't ask me, it was a selection I hated when we first signed him, couldn't believe we picked him for seniors, stunk it up and got another game to continue stinking it up, didn't play again, then we delist a host of talls and kept him on the list. Finally we delist him, and ask him to train with us again, and he got down to the final 2 for that last spot. I support our players, but that one made me livid.

Saad.... wow. That 5 goal chain crap we had last year is GONEEE!!! Chase down against the overhead kicks of our slow defenders will happen way less purely because of him. I didn’t think he alone would stop it but he did
Saad is an excellent inclusion. Such a very smart footballer.
We took it right up to the Tigers.
Awesome game to watch live.
Well done Baggers!!

Efficiency stats, to me, don't say much. Someone said Cripps went 100% first term and I can remember him handballing to no-one and the tigers getting it and scoring.....

I doubt that sort of action would have been considered an efficient disposal. Perhaps it is not counted at all if it is on the deck or at a stoppage in heavy traffic.

Back