8.5.53 - 6.6.42
10.8.68 - 8.12.60
15.15.105 - 11.14.80

Quarter Time Stats

Rd1 Player Stats 1st Qtr.JPG

Rd1 Team Stats 1st Qtr - 1.JPG Rd1 Team Stats 1st Qtr - 2.JPG

Half Time Stats

Rd1 Player Stats Half.JPG

Rd1 Player Stats Half - 2.JPG Rd1 Team Stats Half - 1.JPG Rd1 Team Stats Half - 2.JPG

3 Quarter Time Stats

Rd1 Player Stats 3rd Qtr.JPG

Rd1 Team Stats 3rd Qtr - 1.JPG Rd1 Team Stats 3rd Qtr - 2.JPG

Full Time Stats

Rd1 Player Stats Final - 1.JPG

Rd1 Player Stats Final - 2.JPG
Rd1 Team Stats Final - 1.JPG Rd1 Team Stats Final - 2.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:

That's a much better 4 goal loss than previous years. We were the better side for 2.5 qtrs and the last half a qtr was just both sides spent.

Quite a few positives but the negatives were:
1. Harry is still a dumb s**t
2. The next group struggled: LOB, willo, SPS, setters (I'll back at least 3 of them to respond)
3. Again failed to put pressure on when we had the chance (goal kicking)

Thought Saad and Fisher were good but at the same time could have impacted more with their possessions. Fisher caught too often on his right and Saad not enough handball receive

Dow while shaky worked into it. Seemed a guy who played no footy last year struggled with the pace but got better as the game went on. Give him a block of ten games

Cripps still struggles to be the game winner like Martin for the tigers. Missed that big moment/goal

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was some encouraging signs of development but also times we could have taken the bull by the horns and just did not go on with it. They were there for the taking if we took it up a notch.
Richmond showed composure as mature team and got out of it, especially in time on period.

Certainly got the rough end of stick with umpiring but we lost from our own small mistakes.
I could not help but think if Charlie Curnow, Jack Martin and Zac Williams were out there we would start to look a seriously dangerous side.
Must have missed the Jack Silvagni injury but hopefully not too bad and we just testing the limits of the new sub rule.

I thought there was a change in how we used handball compared to recent seasons. Seemed to be more attacking forward handballs and less of the backwards ones.
Got to beat Pies next week or tonight will mean diddly squat to me unless the encouraging signs show itself to be true incremental improvement as a team.
Blues by 16 points next week or throwing the toys out of the cot.

Out: Silvagni, LOB, Curnow
In: McDonald, Williams, Martin

Our midfield was just beaten like a Mongolian horse. Dominated all game. Curnow is a hard worker but I doubt there’s a coach in the AFL who wouldn’t be pleased to see him running around for us gathers 20+ possessions. Turns it over, puts people in tough positions and uses the ball poorly. He’s 31 and not the player he once was. Times up.

LOB was poor today. I’m sure he tried his best but he’s first out.

The ins are fairly obvious. If Martin isn’t fit we might have to bring Eddie into the team for a bit of X factor.

Last edited:
Fish battled manfully but Murph aside from spotting up teammates inside 50 on a couple of occasions, was a bit of a passenger. Gibbons was good when the linking was going on and also made some smart decisions, but our forward pressure seen in the preseason was awful without Williams playing.

Back