Review Rd 1 Carlton v Richmond Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones came to the club as a VFL players and had 6 touches to remind us of that fact.

Jaksch came to the club with high expectations and had 5 touches and looked like he should be back in the TAC Cup.

Gibbs had 25 and I can't recall a decent one amongst that lot.

Murphy had a horror night with some shocking turnovers.

Wood struggled in the ruck, Rowe was very poor in defence and there was a real lack of fight and/or pride from the remainder of the players.

Smith didn't expect to play a full game but the injury to Thomas changed all that.

Overall, if that is what we are going to offer up this season, then 10th will be our best finishing position and 14th is the most likely.

Very sad & embarrassing start to the season, always can handle a loss but not when they play that brand of footy.

Well we tried, the season is 1 game old and miracles do happen, Judd, Simmo, Kristian, Menzel, Hendo all in our best but the Doc was best on tonight.

Positives:

Sam Doc was my highlight and easily our best/most reliable. Wonderful composure and desire. Kid is very very good.
Old man Judd, while no doubt lacking a yard compared to his prime, moving pretty well and tried his hardest. He shouldnt have to try and carry us. Poor bloke

Umm...

Negatives:

Too many to mention :(

if you believed any sort of hype about the year ahead (i haven't heard any more than usual, not really kept my ear to the ground for that this pre-season) more the fool you really. we were always going to be a middling team at best. highs and lows.
hendo will want to turn it around after an average year last year. murphy phoned it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reminding you of what Mick said on the 21st March :

“I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game,” Malthouse said to much applause.

“I can’t see it. I’m an optimist. I look at them at think: ‘Gee, they’re a good bunch of kids’, I love them and I reckon they can get the best out of themselves and we can have a damn good year.

“The most important thing is that you people say that they’ve had a crack at it. That’s fundamental to our growth.”

Just too devastated to rip into the players.
Over the last 15 years we have just been a really poorly managed football club ... Probably only second worse to Melbourne.

We have lost our way and not even MM can bring us back which speaks volumes of how far we are behind the pack.

I feel sorry for Judd and sorry for our younger supporters who have never seen the Blues when we were the premier side in the competition.

We were just so bad tonight against a side that lets be honest is a nothing side as well.

I'd say some players need a good hard look at themselves but in reality they have needed that good hard look for ages.

This side just smacks of show ponies ... All for one and all for one unfortunately.

Just sick of the loser mentality that has engrained itself in this once mighty club.

Just sickening.

Disappointed in Jones work up the ground. Very rarely did I see him after the first quarter out in front of his opponent demanding the ball. May as well have Casboult back.
Casboult at least has presence further up the field. Jones will need to fix that part of his game pronto.

Let's hope we don't muck up another first round pick because it's gonna be a low one by the looks of things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back