Autopsy Rd 1, March 25, 2017 - Gold Coast v Brisbane @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Well like many of you I am fuming, give a 7 goal lead up in the first quarter.

It was a great fightback but it's ******* disgraceful that it was needed. Rocket needs to have a big look in the mirror as to why they weren't switched on in the first quarter.

To many passengers thinking that others will do the hard work. The lions to their creidt all did the hard stuff and got the result as a reward.

I fully expected us to play finals this year, but instead we reaffirm once again why the rest of the football world think we are a joke.

You just made me lol.... enjoy your night behind the goals big red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I live to entertain. Enjoy your night giving the Cowboys a gobble.

Inefficacy lost us that one but that comeback was all heart after giving up what can only be described as Murphy's Half.

Work to be done but Derby games often have that effect on teams so we'll see how we come out next week.

So for those who did watch it who's gonna miss next week and who's gonna come in for them?

if brisbane are around the eight i would understand but if they finish bottom 4 im not going to be very happy- Btw where are we playing our home games during the commonwealth games in 2018?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a gut wrenching loss - my wife just got home as the siren sounded, she tried to talk to me as soon as the game finished and I had to leave the house immediately and go for a walk as I was ******* fuming.

The Suns were mentally weak to not show up at the start, had woeful skills to not convert their copious opportunities and have no heart / killer instinct to finish them off when they were begging to be overrun. Whenever they are expected to take care of business they let you down.

If Rocket tries to take a positive tone in his press conference I will throw up.

This game will either make us or break us - either from the ashes of this they find something more than what they have ever found before or they go into their shells and fall apart like they usually do.

P.S. What Lemmens did in the last 2 mins highlights what he does - he goes in, gives everything he's got and then *s the kick after he does all the hard work - unfortunately you can't play AFL these days if you can't kick. If we accept players with such weaknesses we are never going to get anywhere.

Tone was set early for this one when Martin took a massive short step going back with the flight of the ball early 1st quarter.

Lemmens was hard as hard as a cats head in last qtr - he should stay in. Lyons was good late. Will be excellent pick up!

Again really not sure what Ah Chee is adding to this side. NEAFL!!!

Tone was set early for this one when Martin took a massive short step going back with the flight of the ball early 1st quarter.

Lemmens was hard as hard as a cats head in last qtr - he should stay in. Lyons was good late. Will be excellent pick up!

Again really not sure what Ah Chee is adding to this side. NEAFL!!!

Ah Chee is a nice player but Scott Clayton ****ed up and got too cute when he traded down in the 2015 draft from pick 3 when by all reports he thought he could get Clayton Oliver at pick 6 and a future 1st rd pick - what we need now is a Clayton Oliver type player :(

that first quarter was disgraceful. just when you think the club might be turning a new leaf they go and throw up that crap.

good comeback in the end, but the boys just don't know how to win those close games mentally.

ainsworth is a little ripper. what an exciting debut! lyons and hanley were utter s**t. bowes was quiet-ish, didn't seem to do much wrong. witts and barlow were decent.

gws next, great...

that first quarter was disgraceful. just when you think the club might be turning a new leaf they go and throw up that crap.

good comeback in the end, but the boys just don't know how to win those close games mentally.

ainsworth is a little ripper. what an exciting debut! lyons and hanley were utter s**t. bowes was quiet-ish, didn't seem to do much wrong. witts and barlow were decent.

gws next, great...

Agreed - they need to pull their fingers out, especially Hanley

Its ok were going to do a reverse of last season... lose the first 3 and then play the whole year full strength and make finals.

In all seriousness, that first quarter was the most disappointing quarter of footy I have watched the Suns play.

Hanley - Was terrible i thought. didnt get out of 2nd gear. Didnt see him run at pace once ? has been devastating in 12 Clashes but not this one!!!!
Sexton - These sort of games is why i have never rated him, has these 8 - 10 possession games with no impact. Needs to get some consistency.
Schoenfield - just didnt look afl standard at all.

Wright played well i thought, if he kicked straight we win by 3 goals. usually is a great set shot.
Ainsworth - Looks a real player. great game, good pressure, 6 tackles, couple of goals and looks crafty.

I think Rocket went with too much inexperience for round 1.
We really missed Harbrow and Mckenzie tonight. hope they are back next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back