Remove this Banner Ad

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch puts in a rape case, Andrews had his hands all over him all game...gets away with murder except a couple frees in the last
When in fear of rape - Run Away !
Tommy needed to get up the ground more - anchored to the 50arc too much played unto their hands. Should have swapped with 2MP or even May early on to get rid of Andrews
(Andrews great game BTW )

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You know, we've learnt nothing. Melbourne did the same thing to us two season ago...totally ambused!! Hopeless mental prep. Utterly hopeless.

How can you walk out R1 and not want to go out and just rip it up!!!!! All out 100%%%%%??? How does that NOT happen....you haven't played a game that counts for 180 days; There's blokes in twos breathing down your neck, competition for a senior game has never been stronger....how??

And how does THAT affect 100% of the team? I'll tell you ...collectively they were led to believe something...that this game was a lay down! Seriously! Who is our sport psych???

Furthermore, the one strength major improvement we had shown over the JLT a was our running in waves out of the back half - tore the Dogs a new one doing that in that last game (first half, anyway). FAGAN saw it and duly prepared the Lions - massive fwd pressure delivered, we cough it up and boom, 7 big ones slotted before we could blink! Someone had to take charge in the middle after those first couple. Stem the momentum. No leadership.

I'm in a foul mood this morning and could go on and on. I'll use the one and only benefit from last nights game to get back on good terms...2 hours killing zombies for free at Time Zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spot on Krozza. Lions came out ready to play and we're absolutely ferocious at the man and ball. We were asleep at the wheel. I was watching it with 2 elderly slightly inebriated old Lions supporters and we were all in a state of shock. No one saw that coming but it felt like déjà vu.
Our boys have serious mental demons upstairs. How can you not come out ready to play first round? Especially knowing our previous first round efforts and qclashes where they've jumped us. We have ability but lack hard players. The loss of Swallow should not be under estimated. He only knows how to attack the ball one way, unlike most of his teammates. We try to play this pretty, but slow and ineffective keepings off game which never works. We we do go hard we usually go alright like in the second half.
Kudos to the Lions though. They might not seem overly blessed with talent on paper, but signs are there they are building a good side, and they have a few important ingredients we lack, mongrel (Robinson, Robertson and Bell), heart and a hard edge.
Not a lot of positives other than we at least fought it out to the end, but the damage was done in that first quarter.
Bring in Swallow, Harbs, Fiorini next round. * I'd even give Brodie a go but they'll probably stick with Bowes for another game? God help us GWS in Shitney. The crowd was woeful but the atmosphere was good towards the end there. Women's AFL, more popular than the men's - 15000 v 12000. What a *up that is.
Good idea might have to slaughter a few thousand Zombies on DT2 to get this loss out of the system.

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
Hoping that first quarter was just R1 cobwebs...

We can win next week but it's going to take nothing less than the 4th quarter form

Not sure you're serious or not. We can't beat Lions but can beat GWS? If we get within 10 goals I'll be surprised.

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure you're serious or not. We can't beat Lions but can beat GWS? If we get within 10 goals I'll be surprised.
I'm absolutely serious

Football isn't linear, multiple upsets happen literally every single week and yet somehow people are surprised by it every single time

Coaches know it, and that's why they don't make a big deal out of any results, because the gap between the winners and the losers is so small

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I'm absolutely serious

Football isn't linear, multiple upsets happen literally every single week and yet somehow people are surprised by it every single time

Coaches know it, and that's why they don't make a big deal out of any results, because the gap between the winners and the losers is so small

Yes. One week (1 quarter?) not a large enough sample to tell much.

But pressure on the team and players is also not linear.

The more losses in a row, the faster it grows. GWS this week, then the Hawks.

But a really poor performance multiplies that pressure and that first 20 minutes amongst the most disappointing in the clubs history. Big 2 weeks coming up. Two good performances that end up as losses? Still won't be pretty.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Yes. One week (1 quarter?) not a large enough sample to tell much.

But pressure on the team and players is also not linear.

The more losses in a row, the faster it grows. GWS this week, then the Hawks.

But a really poor performance multiplies that pressure and that first 20 minutes amongst the most disappointing in the clubs history. Big 2 weeks coming up. Two good performances that end up as losses? Still won't be pretty.

Need to at least get to 2-2 over the next 3 weeks - need to beat 1 of GWS or Hawks and take care of business against Carlton at Etihad where we have been pretty poor of late

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Need to at least get to 2-2 over the next 3 weeks - need to beat 1 of GWS or Hawks and take care of business against Carlton at Etihad where we have been pretty poor of late

Yesterday was supposed to set the tone for the whole season
A professional despatching of a team we had supposedly moved past
Give confidence running into GWS and Hawthorn
Now who the * knows which Suns will even turn up to Etihad where we'll likely scrape through against Carlton or lose based on last night's performance

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We can beat GWS, we nearly beat them late last year with a really weak squad. JLT vs the Bulldogs showed we can play fast, hard and pressure well. Hopefully its a good wake up call and we come out ready next week.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spot on Strop. Amazing how a 20 min no-show has the potential to destroy a season! Gut wrenching stuff.

When everyone was getting excited about the "comeback" all it did was make the whole thing worse for me
From the 20 minute mark of that game we were a 10 goal better team
We let Brisbane kick 7 goals in 20 minutes FFS
That's just embarassing

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
When everyone was getting excited about the "comeback" all it did was made the whole thing worse
From the 20 minute mark of that game we were a 10 goal better team
We let Brisbane kick 7 goals in 20 minutes FFS
That's just embarassing

Correct...I deliberately didn't mention anything about our "comeback" as it just papered over the cracks (gee, imagine the ignorance if we actually pinched it)...it was disgraceful that the "comeback" was needed in the first instance!!

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Won't be doing the Maccas or Timezone thing
It would make me and the kids seem like pitiful beggars in the eyes of non-Suns people
"Oh yeah- we lost to Brisbane.What's new?Can I have some playtime and a Big Mac please?It just confirms my mega-loser status.Thanks.Yes I'll have fries with that"

edit:might not be getting too many BigMacs this year based on that performance

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I suggest you re-watch the first half
There was a reason he went forward in the second
Don't need to mate was there live and had the sports ear on, Brian lake said at half time Rocket could see the forward line wasn't working so in the 2nd half he push the tall forwards out off the 50 and moved Lemmens forward and went with 3 small forward deep and it worked kicked 8 goal in the 3rd quarter

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh I can't wait to see Serious Tom and Furious Steve
"Player group spoke about it"
"Leadership group has to stand up"
"Let ourselves down"
"Player meeting blah blah blah"
"Honest appraisals"
"No-one shirked the issues"
"Won't let it happen again"
I guess in hindsight we came out and played like we'd just left off the last quarter against the Bulldogs
When if I recall there were shots of Serious Tom and Furious Steve promising that "would never happen again"
Guess what
It did
And guess what
I'm Furious and Serious
8 years this s**t's been going on for me

Last edited:

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
It would make me and the kids seem like pitiful beggars in the eyes of non-Suns people
"Oh yeah- we lost to Brisbane.What's new?Can I have some playtime and a Big Mac please?It just confirms my mega-loser status.Thanks.Yes I'll have fries with that"

Don't feel like going to TZ now....

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Comic gold.

But honestly, I had higher hopes of our team this year. This was putrid stuff.

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Has anyone noticed, the boundary umpires consistently throw the ball in about 5 metres shorter than what they should be, this has happened for years, especially on the western side of the ground. I dont know if its the same umpire or what.. but I hate watching us setup for a flick over the back when the ball goes infront 90% of the time because of the s**t throw in.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seriously though the Club has to ask the umpires what was going on with Lynch and ask how that conforms to the way other matches have been umpired this round
I thought Andrews (who was superb BTW) was trying to hump him the amount of times he went the grope. Should have been a couple of frees paid early to stamp out that s**t. Thought the rules were changed to allow players to go for a mark.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Thankfully we threw that s**t handball frenzy game plan out the coaches box window at half time. 3 JLT games with a lot more handballs to kicks.
First half last night handball, handball, handball until the Lions got plenty of players back then long bomb into the 50. 2nd half 30 more kicks to handballs and suddenly we were able to score.

Back