Autopsy Rd 1, March 25, 2017 - Gold Coast v Brisbane @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone told me today we broke our record last night for inside 50 entries , yet lost to the spoon favs at Metricon . If you told me before the game we would have over 70 inside 50s and lose to brissy I would've said you'd have a screw lose . Lot has to fall at eade's feet here , we have the talent on the pitch now I believe but boys where not on to start with and where clueless going forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We were too Lynch centric, we've gotten away with it in the past but didn't this week.

We were too Lynch centric, we've gotten away with it in the past but didn't this week.
I disagree, looking at the way they were just bombing it forward not even lynch who was getting double team could do anything. When we starting going more direct in the second half lynch game into the game

and to think that we have a tough road ahead till our bye only playing 2 teams that didnt make finals in 2016- carlton and port adelaide

Our perception as Suns supporters is getting warped. We should be furious that we are not 1st on the ladder having blown a great opportunity.

Anyone who drew positives out of Saturday night doesn't undertstand footy and sport in general
Q Clash , at home, near full list and the need to make a statement

Anyone who drew positives out of Saturday night doesn't undertstand footy and sport in general

I must say I was most upset with our captains, most others I could forgive, first gamers + Joyce/Schoenfield.

Lynch in particular, lacked confidence I thought. The 4th qtr, Lynch marks 30m out on a tough angle, game in the balance needed to go back and have a shot we had full tilt momentum at that point. He opted to kick back to Rosa around 55m out on a SLIGHTLY better angle. Captain needed to take responsibility and have a shot. He was definitely beaten mentally that night by Andrews and it showed.

I must say I was most upset with our captains, most others I could forgive, first gamers + Joyce/Schoenfield.

Lynch in particular, lacked confidence I thought. The 4th qtr, Lynch marks 30m out on a tough angle, game in the balance needed to go back and have a shot we had full tilt momentum at that point. He opted to kick back to Rosa around 55m out on a SLIGHTLY better angle. Captain needed to take responsibility and have a shot. He was definitely beaten mentally that night by Andrews and it showed.

I watched the Lynch/Andrews match up close and Andrews does like to grapple , which if he gets away with it is fair game , but what other teams do that we dont is get other players over and block Andrews out of the contest . Only player that was trying to do it was little Ainsworth who just wasnt big enough.

I was pretty animated Saturday night, may of broken my iPad screen.
But I'm calmed down now, and able to see things more rationally now.
Saturday night was a shocker, no doubt about that. First 20 minutes was close to the worst 20 minutes of football we have ever played. There was no cohesion and the back line just fell apart. Maysie and lynch both had shocking games in the first half, and midfield pressure was crap. But its round one, boys didnt come out ready to play and we lost, time to go back in next week and rock the giants. Adelaide showed they are beatable with quick ball movement, which we can do and should do.
Bring Lonergan and Fiorini in, i think try lemmens as a small forward. He did okay in that role, and hope to god our forward line delivery is better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agree Supersuns , in no way do i feel the sky is falling. Just utterly dissapointed at the leaders and captains in the first game of the year. Just like Melb R1 a couple years ago...
It isnt, it was a bad game and we can recover. If we dont improve in the next few games then i will start the melting

Who are you to tell me, I don't understand footy!!! Haha tone it down big fella, opportunity lost, no doubt but don't turn on our own.. people grieve in different ways.. personally, I think young Joyce had a good game and Saad showed a lot of dash.. there i feel a little better...

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
A Sith thinks inwardly, only about themselves
A Jedi think outwardly, cares about others

A Sun thinks the Sun shines brightly during the pre season only to discover it's actually a ******* Death Star coming to incinerate your ass

Another silver lining - The Suns odds of making the 8 have gone from $3.75 to $7 after 1 game. If we knock over GWS I will be straight on to Sportsbet after the siren and getting piece of those juicy odds.

Thoughts on Jack Martin's game? Seems he (always) drops in and out of the game when up forward.

browny and Dunstall where pretty brutal on us in there segment on the couch tonight. Basically said we lacked heart as a club, that something is missing.

Jeez that's hard to hear
Just to expand on that. It does resonate true with me Sometimes, we lack that mongrel, steel, passion, spirit, relentlessness in the majority. I think they nailed it in their comment from the outside looking in. May and Lynch are 2 but outside those 2 were so used to them being solid and reliable when they both had such poor games it was probably reflection of the others and how much of that intangible ingredient we lack in the collective. I think Sexton and Swallow have "it" albeit inconsistently.

The Captain/s set the tone and Saturday we got what we deserved. The good thing, only 5 more sleeps to rectify...this one definitely burns.

Yeah agree Supersuns , in no way do i feel the sky is falling. Just utterly dissapointed at the leaders and captains in the first game of the year. Just like Melb R1 a couple years ago...
I'm just going to quote this for emphasis and wash my hands of this game, Rather than continue to read the pessimistic toxic crap that the rest of you lot continue to throw around.

Jesus Christ even Sunny wasn't this bad when we were at our worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back