Votes: 4 1.6%
  • M.Pickett

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt because you are clearly not thinking about it.
Thats your opinion and who said your opinion is correct and its just your opinion

You and i can sit here and give our personel opinions on all things dan Rioli. My challenge to you is to come up with something other than opinion that says he has not transgressed.
Im thinking you actually mean Regressed ?
The answer here is simple , Opinions mean nothing when you are only basing them on 4 quarters of game time per week , But the coaches have seen him to be doing his job and continue to select him in the team - So that tells me your wrong

Many people i talk to think at the very best he has stagnated, thats being kind. By all measurable standards he has gone backwards
What that tells me is simply you are talking to the wrong people and i have given details below of the correct people to talk to

(03) 9426 4400
Richmond Football Club, phone

Ask for Damien Hardwick , Adam Kingsley or Brendon Gale

Love it how members in the peanut gallery believe they know more then the inner sanctum with all their intel and meetings. Video analysis, private team, line and structure meetings. Those who live and breath this everyday of their lives. Those who have had incredible success over past 4 years. Those who have made a living from analysing judging and structuring footballers and young men.
But a doughnut eating, frozen coke connoisseur that posts on a football forum under a made up name is a better judge.

Love it how members in the peanut gallery believe they know more then the inner sanctum with all their intel and meetings. Video analysis, private team, line and structure meetings. Those who live and breath this everyday of their lives. Those who have had incredible success over past 4 years. Those who have made a living from analysing judging and structuring footballers and young men.
But a doughnut eating, frozen coke connoisseur that posts on a football forum under a made up name is a better judge.
Amen Brother

I'd rather someone who stands up in finals thank you very much.
Not only does dusty stand up in finals. He actually performs well regular season every year. Freak of a player. His standard is so high in finals that it makes his regular season stuff look human, hence probably why ppl are cooked about it. But its still elite.
Imagine if he played like finals all the regular season. He would legit be the bradman of afl averaging 4 goals a game from midfield LOL

Rossy stays IN
Vlas rests for a week
Cotch returns
Pickett or cads dropped , I reckon Pickett misses , cads on notice must do better , he’s capable
If vlas is out I’d be surprised if Pickett was dropped for Cotch to return .
Pickett is being trialled in a backline role for a rainy day ( ala Macintosh start of last year which proved worthy on GF day ) .

I actually reckon Pickett makes a good sub with his versatility now. Lose a back, mid or wing he’s got you covered. Even if we lose a forward you could just shuffle a Caddy/Martin if you want a medium or Bolton/Lambert/Edwards if you want a small. Bit stuffed if we lose a tall but then who isn’t.

It’s also a way to keep having an eighth defender/extra mid if we end up deciding to go back to two rucks (either CJ,Ryan or Chol or Soldo😭 if/when he comes back from injury). I think we prefer playing that extra tall but when Soldo went down and with Chol not up to standard at times (plus CJ injured then suspended) we turned to Broad and it’s let us free up Astbury/Balta at times to fill in.

Be interesting to see what we go with throughout the season.

If vlas is out I’d be surprised if Pickett was dropped for Cotch to return .
Pickett is being trialled in a backline role for a rainy day ( ala Macintosh start of last year which proved worthy on GF day ) .
Yea quite possibly I thought cads had the skill set to be that interceptor but maybe I’m.missing something

I don't always agree with this sentiment. Their are observers of the game who can have a different opinion about those in the inner sanctum, despite their success. Previous correct decisions don't always equate to future correct decisions. If we all agreed on everything then there would probably be no point to this forum.

I don't always agree with this sentiment. Their are observers of the game who can have a different opinion about those in the inner sanctum, despite their success. Previous correct decisions don't always equate to future correct decisions. If we all agreed on everything then there would probably be no point to this forum.
How's the donuts?

All anyone has to do is mention 'Dan Rioli' and people lose their marbles.

One thing is certain...the Premiers each year need a Rioli in the team these days. Don't be too quick to want him dumped ! Imagine if we have TWO in the side !

Back to back to back to back to back Rinse and repeat ! Lol

No doubt because you are clearly not thinking about it.
Thats your opinion and who said your opinion is correct and its just your opinion

You and i can sit here and give our personel opinions on all things dan Rioli. My challenge to you is to come up with something other than opinion that says he has not transgressed.
Im thinking you actually mean Regressed ?
The answer here is simple , Opinions mean nothing when you are only basing them on 4 quarters of game time per week sitting on your couch watching it on TV with a pizza in your mouth , But the coaches have seen him to be doing his job and continue to select him in the team - So that tells me your wrong

Many people i talk to think at the very best he has stagnated, thats being kind. By all measurable standards he has gone backwards
What that tells me is simply you are talking to the wrong people and i have given details below of the correct people to talk to

(03) 9426 4400
Richmond Football Club, phone

Ask for Damien Hardwick , Adam Kingsley or Brendon Gale

Idk you can argue he is a lesser player after breaking his foot winning a premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throughout 2020 Dan R Vs Dan B: Dan R averaged same disposals; more marks; more contested possessions; better disposal efficiency; fewer clangers; double the clearances and more 1%s. Sure, I am cherry picking - same as you did. Butler definitely was not ahead in just about all the KPIs across 2020 (despite the great start to the year he had). My eye test displayed that Dan B was back to his insipid ways in many games in the 2nd half of last year. Obviously both are still doing enough of what their coaches want as they are still being picked. I was sorry to see Butler go but am glad that we kept Rioli instead.
Don't have pressure act stats or K/E stats i believe Butler is in front on that point maybe some one can enlighten us with that stat.
K/E stats they are the most ridiculous of stats. I reckon the discrepancy comes from the behind tally of both. Butler kicking 29g 12b and Rioli a paltry 12g 3b. Just that stat alone says heaps about the different yrs each had.

Butler 19 games 207 disposals at 10.89.
Rioli 18 games 196 disposals at 10.89.

Butler contested possessions 69 at 3.63
Rioli contested possessions 71 at 3.94

Butler clangers 39 at 2.0
Rioli clangers 35 at 1.94

Butler clearances 5 at 0.26
Rioli clearances 11 at 0.61

Butler 1%s 10 at 0.53
Rioli 1%s 14 at 0.78

Butler marks 37, 2 C/M, 14 I/F.
Rioli marks 47, 0 C/M, 7 I/F

Butler tackles 74 at 3.89
Rioli tackles 57 at 3.1

Butler goals 29 at 1.53
Rioli goals 12 at 0.67

My eye test said Butler had an infinately better season and if he had insipid games then Rioli was worse.

Don't have pressure act stats or K/E stats i believe Butler is in front on that point maybe some one can enlighten us with that stat.
K/E stats they are the most ridiculous of stats. I reckon the discrepancy comes from the behind tally of both. Butler kicking 29g 12b and Rioli a paltry 12g 3b. Just that stat alone says heaps about the different yrs each had.

Butler 1%s 10 at 0.53
Rioli 1%s 14 at 0.78

Rioli tackles 57 at 3.1

Butler goals 29 at 1.53
Rioli goals 12 at 0.67

My eye test said Butler had an infinately better season and if he had insipid games then Rioli was worse.

Playing under a completely different structure with different roles. Butler went missing when the pressure went on. Rioli the opposite. Rioli went up an accepted a premiership medal. Butler was in Byron Bay.

Butler 1%s 10 at 0.53
Rioli 1%s 14 at 0.78

Rioli tackles 57 at 3.1

Butler goals 29 at 1.53
Rioli goals 12 at 0.67

The positive thing is that you aren't obsessing over Rioli mopey. At all. Much.

So can fill.me in on a app you have to download to get in the ground ? Or maybe scan something with your phone?
If I remember my email from the mcg correctly it’s the service Victoria app, it’s just the registration app the MCG use to check people in for tracing purposes in case an outbreak happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back