RD 1!!! The Premiers Vs Collingwood. Banter thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Voldemort plays we lose, he doesn't we win.

Did you seriously just post that call yet again :rolleyes:

Just like we wouldn't make finals with him playing...and then wouldn't win a final with him playing...

Didn't we make a deal last year that if you were wrong you'd stop these tosser calls? If not lets. If he plays Friday and we win how about you give up on trotting out that line?

Well playing in the team doesnt seem to be a criteria for winning awards so i dont see why not??

Ok now that is settled.

Can we all join in and laugh at another one of the Pie youngsters making Eddie six chins and Nafan it's all about me Buckley look stupid again. What a great club. Swannies influence is the gift that keeps on giving.

Buckley. Maybe we can sack him and get the AA Captain/Premiership Captain/Destroyer of Poverty/All Round Great Guy/ Aus of the Year to be/ Healer of the Sick, and the first ever Player Coach for another club, Bob Murphy?

An inanimate carbon rod would get on better with your playing list than Buckhead.

Ive often pondered about how all premierships are not created equal. It must be such a different/better feeling working your way to the top, being the best team in the comp and coming out and smashing it on grand final day, rather than getting lucky and having a premiership fall into your lap when youre the 7th best team in the comp.

I dunno, just think it must feel a bit hollow. More premiships than top 4 finishes in the last 5 years is a bit odd. Say alot about where the clubs at, just random sucess i guess

This could be ugly for the pies - even uglier than their cheer squad. 10 goals easy.

Even De Goey knew it would be a caning so smashed his hand against a doorknob (really? He didn't get off his nuts and punched a wall or something?) to get out of getting his ass handed to him by the premier midfield in the comp.

The Bont will show Pendlebury what his career could have been like if he ventured across halfway more often rather than hiding at half back for cheap possessions.

/banter

I actually think the pies have one of the few midfields that I'm a little apprehensive of, so let's hope our boys are switched on.....

Ive often pondered about how all premierships are not created equal. It must be such a different/better feeling working your way to the top, being the best team in the comp and coming out and smashing it on grand final day, rather than getting lucky and having a premiership fall into your lap when youre the 7th best team in the comp.

I dunno, just think it must feel a bit hollow. More premiships than top 4 finishes in the last 5 years is a bit odd. Say alot about where the clubs at, just random sucess i guess
No it feels f***ing awesome :D
Unfortunately for you the feeling of winning a flag after 62 years and being a battler is something you will never get to experience. Must be a hollow feeling buying flags all the time. Just wouldn't feel legitimate. I'd rather win from hard work

Unfortunately for you the feeling of winning a flag after 62 years and being a battler is something you will never get to experience.

Im not sure this should be something to be bragging about. Im more than happy to not wait 62 years thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, to me the best measure of success is winning 100% of the Grand Finals you play in any given year (excluding the preseason rubbish of course). In the past 40 years, 39 premiers have achieved that remarkable feat. So you are right, not all premierships are equal (although 39 of those mentioned are, 1 sits far below).

I dunno, to me the best measure of success is winning 100% of the Grand Finals you play in any given year (excluding the preseason rubbish of course). In the past 40 years, 39 premiers have achieved that remarkable feat. So you are right, not all premierships are equal (although 39 of those mentioned are, 1 sits far below).
Yeah needing a second go doesn't really count.

Buckley. Maybe we can sack him and get the AA Captain/Premiership Captain/Destroyer of Poverty/All Round Great Guy/ Aus of the Year to be/ Healer of the Sick, and the first ever Player Coach for another club, Bob Murphy?
Sure.
Given you're paying Mayne $500k and Wells $600k pa, Murphy is worth about $47m dollaroos to Collingwood.

Did you seriously just post that call yet again :rolleyes:

Just like we wouldn't make finals with him playing...and then wouldn't win a final with him playing...

Didn't we make a deal last year that if you were wrong you'd stop these tosser calls? If not lets. If he plays Friday and we win how about you give up on trotting out that line?

We didn't and still haven't won a final when he plays a full game. His Injury although I dont wish it on anyone was a massive part of our flag win.

He doesn't go down in that game we don't win a flag.

Think what you want but I firmly believe this 1000000000% and you cannot prove its wrong ;) McLean took his place and was far more productive and made 10000000 less errors

Last edited:
They nearly beat us twice last year, a little bit more caution is warranted.
Ha! too true.
We only just scrapped by them at the G last year.
I like a bit of confidence but we were never a dominant team last year apart from in the finals...
Ah * it! lids off! we'll win this by at least 3 points

You are kinda right and mainly wrong.

All flags aren't equal. Any team beating GWS for a flag from last year on deserve to have them counted as two or three flags. That we won a flag with a backline composed of rookie picks and cast offs is so sweet after they towelled up the COLAs and Giants forward lines that had been gifted to them by the AFL.

It's amusing the superior attitude of some Pie fans when they've won two flags in the last fifty odd years and before that they won the bulk of their flags in mini comps.

To put it in a context you'd understand, its kind of like a Pies fan feeling superior for having two teef, when his fellow Pie fans have one or none.

You are kinda right and mainly wrong.

All flags aren't equal. Any team beating GWS for a flag from last year on deserve to have them counted as two or three flags. That we won a flag with a backline composed of rookie picks and cast offs is so sweet after they towelled up the COLAs and Giants forward lines that had been gifted to them by the AFL.

It's amusing the superior attitude of some Pie fans when they've won two flags in the last fifty odd years and before that they won the bulk of their flags in mini comps.

To put it in a context you'd understand, its kind of like a Pies fan feeling superior for having two teef, when his fellow Pie fans have one or none.
So your point is we have won 2 flags in 27 years, yet you have won 1 in, what, 62? right...

GWS had never even made finals last year. From this year on they will be tough, last year, meh..

Adorable things Collingwood players and 3rd graders say
The dog ate my homework
The dog ate my vegetables
The dog pissed on the rug and crapped in bath
The dog broke my hand
What happened in Round 1? The dogs did it
It's always the dog.....

It takes a pretty special world view and abject lack of insight into what footy actually means when winning 4 finals in a row including 2 on the road can be considered "lucky." Anyways...I'd take our 7th position on the ladder and the chance to go on an epic finals winning spree over wherever it was the Collingwood finished last year any day of the season.

Here's something else to ponder, you have Eddie Maguire and Nathan Buckley running the show at your club. What a powerhouse combination they have turned out to be.

It takes a pretty special world view and abject lack of insight into what footy actually means when winning 4 finals in a row including 2 on the road can be considered "lucky." Anyways...I'd take our 7th position on the ladder and the chance to go on an epic finals winning spree over wherever it was the Collingwood finished last year any day of the season.

Here's something else to ponder, you have Eddie Maguire and Nathan Buckley running the show at your club. What a powerhouse combination they have turned out to be.
I wish we had Bob Murphy running the show, such a great, great bloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back