Game Day Rd 1 v Eagles-Today- Roof Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Gibson and co. are fazed out over the year, huge long term mistake giving guys like him a game rather then pumping games into a kid who is a key part of our future midfield setup in Clarke. Don't like the decision, but is what it is.
This
Gibson in over Clarke yuck

Wasting games

Can't play everyone.

Clarke will get games during the year. It's strange, but he mustn't be 100%.

Would of played Durdin over Hansen but Hansens experience may be valuable with the Eagles forward line. If he doesn't perform he'll be gone pretty quick.

Love the rest of the ins.

North by 10 goals.

Can't believe how small West Coast have gone in defense. Only the two recognised key defenders in Mackenzie and McGovern (and he's more a floating tall anyway).

I think it's a very well balanced team, and a very well chosen team for the opposition. If Hansen stays in all year, it means he's playing well and surely that's a good outcome for us. Durds and EVW will get their chances soon enough, but the thinking behind 'not this week' is sound.

Surprised Clarke didn't make it, but someone had to miss. He needs to work on going past Swallow or (dare I say it) Gibson over the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is one of Nicholls or Margetts the umpire that didn't pay that free kick to Jacobs for the trip and then pinged him for holding the ball in the Prelim? I still get nightmares about that moment.

Is one of Nicholls or Margetts the umpire that didn't pay that free kick to Jacobs for the trip and then pinged him for holding the ball in the Prelim? I still get nightmares about that moment.

Yeah, he also gave Jack Darling a free kick (and goal) for running next to Robbie Tarrant. Was a very effective way of getting them back into the contest.

So if we win, media will say West Coast first game and a bit underdone/rusty and if we lose North are going to struggle this year and clearly missed Boomer, Drew etc. And then Barrett to come out on Mon with some bs story and Kingy to criticise our drafting On the Couch etc or we dont even get mentioned at all on the couch.

About right?

Last edited:
I'm sure there'd be good reasons for the players selected, and those not, and I'm backing in this chosen 22 on Sunday.

My concern is more on how we'll handle playing a side with the moving grid like chess pieces defensive setup which can bring sides unstuck if disposal isn't spot on. That's a tough ask for a first gamer or four who's carrying the usual first game nerves.

It should be good to watch anyway and I hope we can give it a shake.

Days remaining?

HYfpclynRbUTjZxd5KgbfXYqMl7VV__pvh62_VRDXMRp7Dm9OREj22bUG5sBT_zCcbgjt3sUnSygNmrPyMpocUhrmvO1oN7URzodAkmQvooyj-6M_POxdfFArYdr2g=w320-h240-nc

Get that up ya!

Yeah, he also gave Jack Darling a free kick (and goal) for running next to Robbie Tarrant. Was a very effective way of getting them back into the contest.

You blokes are bringing back my worst nightmares at minutes to midnight on Friday. How you've described those two free kicks are EXACTLY as I remember them in that PF of '15.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure there'd be good reasons for the players selected, and those not, and I'm backing in this chosen 22 on Sunday.

My concern is more on how we'll handle playing a side with the moving grid like chess pieces defensive setup which can bring sides unstuck if disposal isn't spot on. That's a tough ask for a first gamer or four who's carrying the usual first game nerves.

It should be good to watch anyway and I hope we can give it a shake.

Days remaining?

HYfpclynRbUTjZxd5KgbfXYqMl7VV__pvh62_VRDXMRp7Dm9OREj22bUG5sBT_zCcbgjt3sUnSygNmrPyMpocUhrmvO1oN7URzodAkmQvooyj-6M_POxdfFArYdr2g=w320-h240-nc

Get that up ya!

Very astute comment TT. Sums up a key aspect of the Simpson-led Eagles' play nicely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back