Game Day Rd 10 - Collingwood @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No preview
?
Not that I can see. The previews are always done earlier in the week and I’m now rolling them into the game day thread but we have lots of weeks missing on the preview sheet and this is one of them

Not that I can see. The previews are always done earlier in the week and I’m now rolling them into the game day thread but we have lots of weeks missing on the preview sheet and this is one of them
Scratch that Van_Dyke has let us down not doing a preview this week.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

What headline will we see after the game?

A) Pies run hot in the wet
B) Freo freeze Pies
C) Freo fire in the rain
D) NicNat once spoke to Brodie, triggering a 42 touch masterclass
E) Eagles brave in 72 point loss. Freo get across the line by 63.
F) Freo feast on soggy pies

I hate wet footy.

Hopefully the club has played the tape and worked out how to win games like last week.

Pies are an experienced team with probably their strongest named list all season but I would think if we are any real threat in finals we need to win these games convincingly at home.

Please gamble responsibly, the total points line is 138.5! That's ridiculously low. 78 Freo to Pies 59, if it's not raining I think it will be over.

Was more nervous about playing Gold Coast in the wet as they are a stronger contested possession winning team. Still concerned about our ability to play in the wet but Collingwood should have the same issues.

Small forwards very important in this game, the inclusions of Switta and Walters are invaluable, Schultz and Frederick need to stay busy at ground level.

As is most wet weather games it will be won and lost in the midfield. Sebba Brodie and Brayshaw to have big games. I wouldn’t mind Pearce as a late withdrawal for Walker.

Freo by 25 in a slog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What headline will we see after the game?

A) Pies run hot in the wet
B) Freo freeze Pies
C) Freo fire in the rain
D) NicNat once spoke to Brodie, triggering a 42 touch masterclass
E) Eagles brave in 72 point loss. Freo get across the line by 63.
F) Freo feast on soggy pies
Logue firms for maiden All Australian jacket after another defensive masterclass

😉😉

Severe thunderstorm warning for 2pm. Should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm with Josh Carr. We are glad it's raining and we are ready for it. Switta and Walters to dominate. Freo by 45.

Keys to victory

Darcy - hasn’t been a great start to the year from Sean , missed games and a couple of ordinary performances ( Witts , Pruest ) but we need him to give Cox/Cameron a nice touch up today. One thing that annoys me about control freak AFL coaches is if you are winning the taps but losing the clearance battle throw your playbook out the window and get the ruckman to belt the ball as far to the outside as they can

Young / Chapman - lot of talk about the backline personnel this week but it’s a method issue as well as a manpower problem , without Walker in I think Young in particular needs to stop trying that float across the front of the pack to mark the ball thing he does 1 it hardly ever comes off and 2 we need a bit more representation at ground level. Elliot , McCreery ,Ginnivan and the Daicos boys/Degoey are a pretty dangerous bunch of smaller fwds that will be rolling through our D50

Freo by 8 pts but I’ll be backing Pies at the line +23.5 is very generous considering our record in wet games

I was gonna do I big write up explanation thingy but alls ill say had a big night in the piss and copped a ban from snuphy.
I will say that imho this forum certainly plays favorites amongst themselves and is certainly easily offended. And while i do see double standards often, not just with me but anyone else who has a strong difference of opinion here, I'm happy to take my whack for carrying on a bit.

I'm not here to cause problems, or offend anyone. I do fire from the hip but hey everyone is different with different views and filters and if that gets me in trouble so be it I deserve the whack. I'm just a hard core Freo supporter who wants to mix it with other hardcore Freo supporters.

Back to the footy.. Mason Cox to kick 13 goals 🤣

Freo to be better in the wet than John Holmes, and just as good at finishing.

Freo by 40

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am excited to see the Cox's, both of them. Will be an interesting battle. Even though their Cox is bigger, I expect our Cox with stand erect in defense. Will be good to see their Cox get beaten....limp Cox in Perth if you will.
I only have the hope that our Cox doesnt peak to early and has the stamina to keep it up the whole game.

Games like today I hope we get some cheapies. A small forward or 2 to cheat out the back. Maybe a couple of frees because we go in harder.

Goals through actual play may be at a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back