Autopsy Rd 10 Comeback aborted - Blues go down by 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please play Docherty in the midfield full time now?
Think he is just too damn good down there. Until we can bring in harry and get continuity into weitering in defense i don't think we can afford to. Once weitering and marchbank start chopping off opposition kick after kick then he can play midfield full time

Feel like I'm saying this all the time but Kreuzer is our most important player. He's just a demon in close who never gives up. Sets the tone for the side in effort and hardness. It's great to see the big fella finally fulfill his potential and promise.

I love it too but it makes me angry that he is killing it at the moment and we have no mids to take advantage of it. Its a worry that by time we have a midfield and team to challenge that he may not be in this form.

Just finished watching.. what I took out of it was we have some ticker having clawed our way back into it.

Really happy to see Cuningham prove himself...
the Curnow brothers are firing.
I think more gained than lost from this.
Bolton and co. appeared to respond with some well considered shuffling of player positions.

Could have been an embarrassing game with the start being disappointing..ended up being quite a meaningful one so good for the 'reset'.
Would have been over the moon if we'd won though :)

Go blues!!!

It wasn't negativity, it was conjecture. He didn't have a strong pre-season and still had a few question marks over his production. Subsequently he worked really hard at VFL level, has been rewarded and has looked very comfortable at AFL level.

To me that's a perfect result.

RE: Curnow, I certainly thought he was poor in his first few games, which he was. I didn't think he deserved to come straight back in the team just as I felt it was unreasonable that Kerridge got a few easy games at the back end of last year after being injured. Could have gone either way but luckily he's improved his output and had his strongest month of footy to date.

You can have rational discussions about young players without it having some kind of negative slant. At the end of the day we all just want the best for the squad and the way young players are played and developed is a big thing to flesh out, with a lot of angles to consider. I don't see young players playing at VFL level to be an especially bad thing and I like the idea that the current crop are earning their stripes and have a good regard for what it has taken to get them into the AFL team.

I agree, there always should be rational discussion whether it be positive or negative, what I am critiquing here is those who basically write these players off because they haven't starred in their first few outings.

actually it's not so much writing players off in their first few games, it's writing off players who have shown legitimate signs of exciting footy in their first few games.

Cuningham as an example, looked fantastic in his 3rd game against Melbourne last year but we still had people this year making it sound like its last chance saloon.

Williamson will finish his 200+ game career with at least 2 b&fs. Can't help but feel like bolton would just love this kid like a son. Does all the stuff a coach wants

L:blueheart:ve him..

Had a few hours to digest, still mixed feelings. The start was truly pitiful. Our work rate, tackling and comeback gave plenty of positives. But then, for the third straight week, we couldn't go with even an ordinary opponent when the heat went up a notch in the last quarter, and got blown out.

Again, the standouts were older guys - Gibbs, Kreuzber, Murphy, Silvagni. Cripps did some amazing things and let himself down elsewhere. And some of our young kids looked good (Curnow, Cunningham) while others struggled (Petrevski-seton in particular). Good on Casboult, too - I thought he competed well when we were getting dominated, helped set up a goal or two that gave us a pulse, and most importantly had an impact in contests even when he wasn't going to mark the ball (and even on the ground) while playing a lone hand as our only key forward

I cannot understand why kerridge isn't playing. We won both games he played, and he just gives that bit of extra midfield support. He is dominating the twos, much more than Sumner who barely fired a shot today.

Snapped this on the way out. Didn'''t Norf sack this bloke last year?

c2735afe8e147aa81214aad3bae75fa5.jpg
One of the commentators said today he got 50 odd possessions and kicked 9 goals for whoever he plays for ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it too but it makes me angry that he is killing it at the moment and we have no mids to take advantage of it. Its a worry that by time we have a midfield and team to challenge that he may not be in this form.

We do have at least one midfielder to rove Kreuzer's work.

Matthew Kreuzer.

Gibbs Kruezer Docherty Cripps Murphy Curnow Simpson are doing a heck of a job holding the side together whilst the kids the develop. They and Bolton really do have us playing at our optimum especially with so many inexperienced players.

I couldn't be happier with the development of Williamson Marchbank Cuningham SPS Silvagni Fisher Macreadie Charlie Plowman & Weitering and where they are at the moment. What an incredible bunch of young talent. Best ever in Navy Blue! Another 8-10 games into these guys and some games into McKay Polson Sheehan and maybe LeBois & Kerr and it's a perfect 2017 for where we sit.

Go Blues :thumbsu:

P.S. Really looking forward to 2018/19. Some exciting talent will really emerge
We have to keep it up for another couple of years and resist the big trade that might decimate our draft chances. We are on bit of a knife edge between needing to win and needing to keep blooding and recruiting youngsters. These kinds of games with the likes of Gibbs starring (if you can say that in a losing side) reflects that.

I still think we are one tall forward short. Only had Charlie and Levi up forward. I think it's time to add McKay. It's time
Kicked 3 in the practice match against Werribee today... progressing nicely now!

Lastly, cripps was good but geez his disposal was really poor at times and decision making was deplorable. Couple of times tried to be the hero rather than the team thing and pass it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Noticed..Bolts might have to slap him one ..

I agree, there always should be rational discussion whether it be positive or negative, what I am critiquing here is those who basically write these players off because they haven't starred in their first few outings.

actually it's not so much writing players off in their first few games, it's writing off players who have shown legitimate signs of exciting footy in their first few games.

Cuningham as an example, looked fantastic in his 3rd game against Melbourne last year but we still had people this year making it sound like its last chance saloon.

He was good and at the level for his experience, but not outstanding IMO. I liked his tackling pressure and was spot on with his disposal even if he chose the conventional option each time. He needed to lift his output and back himself in though, and we saw that in spades against North.

His game today is acknowledgement he's on the right track and a bit of affirmation of how he can best use his strengths at AFL level. Those 2 goals in particular will give him a big boost.

Pretty happy with the boys, 1stQ wasn't great, but we really did show some fight to get back in the game.
Coming back from WA wouldn't have helped and it did look like we run out of legs in last quarter.
Kruezer was fantastic and really kept Goldies influence to a minimum, some very strong numbers through our midfield, Gibbs 38 and 3 goals, Cripps 32 and 11 clearances, Murphy 30 and Ed 32.
Cuningham starting to get more involved 15 posseions 2 goals and 7 tackles, think we need to give him a good run in the seniors.

I cannot understand why Kerridge isn't playing. We won both games he played, and he just gives that bit of extra midfield support. He is dominating the twos, much more than Sumner who barely fired a shot today.

Not a hard one, really. Disposal and general awareness is of a low level.
Can't afford to have players that you fear of them, having ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back