Review Rd 10: Dees v West Horsham Crows - the Good, Bad & Fugly in the City without Cranes

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide played pretty bloody well to be fair. Maybe we let them . Not overly concerned. It’s very hard to stay up for 10 weeks . Defending which is clearly our strength was horrible today. In the long run losing this game by a point will be better for usthan winning by a point.
Richmond 2017 lost to a s**t freo at the G at about the same stage of the year.

Good :
Oliver was amazing
Brought a bottle of beam this morning (might not make it through the night)
Langdon

Bad :
Most of the team

Ugly
The last 8 minutes
Living in WA and having to deal with Eagle supporters. If you ever think a club has worse supporters I’m sorry you’re wrong

Gift? Go back and watch the reply - Spargo touched it last - that's why Jackson - who was clearly unsighted - was the only Melbourne player that appealled for the free.
Did you just say Jackson was unsighted?
He killed it once again

Adelaide played pretty bloody well to be fair. Maybe we let them . Not overly concerned. It’s very hard to stay up for 10 weeks . Defending which is clearly our strength was horrible today. In the long run losing this game by a point will be better for usthan winning by a point.
Richmond 2017 lost to a sh*t freo at the G at about the same stage of the year.

Good :
Oliver was amazing
Brought a bottle of beam this morning (might not make it through the night)
Langdon

Bad :
Most of the team

Ugly
The last 8 minutes
Living in WA and having to deal with Eagle supporters. If you ever think a club has worse supporters I’m sorry you’re wrong
did you cop the west coast over Adelaide over Demons therefore they are better horse s**t message as well🤣. cant stand the campaigners instantly got 10+ messages from eagle supporters. would want to be a 1.75l bottle of beam. And yeah I said to a mate it's the game to lose with dogs and lions coming up to give us a week to work on what's not working. now we can reset and give dogs and lions a shake b4 our 2 byes

did you cop the west coast over Adelaide over Demons therefore they are better horse sh*t message as well🤣. cant stand the campaigners instantly got 10+ messages from eagle supporters. would want to be a 1.75l bottle of beam. And yeah I said to a mate it's the game to lose with dogs and lions coming up to give us a week to work on what's not working. now we can reset and give dogs and lions a shake b4 our 2 byes

10 messages and Facebook posts would of been great. It’s more like 100 and still going. I’ve copped everything you can imagine haha. Wouldn’t mind a GWS win tomorrow at all. Just a 1.25 L bottle. Probably not enough .

Just remind them that they lost to St Kilda and Geelong chaps.

I'm not sure if it's cos I'm a reasonably humble bloke or I've got no mates (probably the latter) but haven't copped anything from anyone yet...

10 messages and Facebook posts would of been great. It’s more like 100 and still going. I’ve copped everything you can imagine haha. Wouldn’t mind a GWS win tomorrow at all. Just a 1.25 L bottle. Probably not enough .

That may tell you something about how much you go the dish? Just a thought..

Reality is, we didn't have consistent contributors across our team today - a lot of our role players were down and had significantly poor games.

Couple that with some critical mistakes by Petracca, May, Gawn, Harmes in the last few minutes and we bottled it.

Adelaide were great I thought too, their pressure was huge and their game style/skill has come a long way.

Gift? Go back and watch the reply - Spargo touched it last - that's why Jackson - who was clearly unsighted - was the only Melbourne player that appealled for the free.
Take your win back to your own board. Celebrate there. Now isn’t the time for your deconstruction. Don’t post here again tonight or it will be an infringement. Thanks

I have carlton and Collingwood supporting mates giving me s**t 😂 anyway Wasn’t sure the Crows could keep that pressure up all day but credit to them they did, kick up the ass we needed.

C'mon. Gawn towelled up ROB, Oliver had a career best game, and Petracca was awesome. Melbourne played great and still lost to last years wooden spooners. Serious pretenders. Be lucky to play finals.

you are only a game out, don’t sell yourselves short.

I said at the start of the year that we're short by 1 top tier mid and I stand by it. Viney out hurts us remarkably and he's not close to elite. Our midfield just drops off too much from Oliver and Petracca.

Good: Oliver

Bad:
We are slowing up every week. Tonight's loss is not a wake up call (contrary to what I read), we are currently feeling the effects of the demanding way we have played so far.

4 crucial points wasted tonight, people drinking the 9-1 bathwater - it means nothing. We will soon be 9-2 and the second half of the season will be a different proposition to the first.

2nd tier players starting to drop off a bit.

Gawn, did some good things but boy he did some poor things. Every now and again needs to put the craft-work and low percentage marks away and just punch it. Last 30sec of the game wtf was he thinking.

Goodwin is not an innovator on game day. The days of our 8 goal wins are mostly behind us. In the second half of the year we're going to have a lot of armwrestles like tonight. This is where he'll earn his money. We can't afford to just play the same predictable way. Overall strategy has been succesfull so far but in game tactics lacking.

Ugly: Dogs next week under the roof. A matter of how much we lose by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said at the start of the year that we're short by 1 top tier mid and I stand by it. Viney out hurts us remarkably and he's not close to elite. Our midfield just drops off too much from Oliver and Petracca.

Bad:
We are slowing up every week. Tonight's loss is not a wake up call (contrary to what I read), we are currently feeling the effects of the demanding way we have played so far.

4 crucial points wasted tonight, people drinking the 9-1 bathwater - it means nothing. We will soon be 9-2 and the second half of the season will be a different proposition to the first.

Gawn, did some good things but boy he did some poor things. Every now and again needs to put the craft-work and low percentage marks away and just punch it. Last 30sec of the game wtf was he thinking.

Goodwin is not an innovator on game day. The days of our 8 goal wins are mostly behind us. In the second half of the year we're going to have a lot of armwrestles like tonight. This is where he'll earn his money. We can't afford to just play the same predictable way. Overall strategy has been succesfull so far but in game tactics lacking.

Wow, I didn't watch the game but jeez this seems like a massive overreaction.

Bad:

I disagree.

Wow, I didn't watch the game but jeez this seems like a massive overreaction.
It's not just tonight but the last month mate that I'm addressing. Big picture.

Dogs Lions Pies before the bye - win 2 and we are still in a great spot. Kinda glad the loss came tonight in a way as our form has been patchy for a while. Dogs and Lions are in great form so I’m very keen to see how we bounce back.

It's not just tonight but the last month mate that I'm addressing. Big picture.

I'm not saying we have played champagne footy the past month, but what team does for an entire year, chalking up the wins is what counts and we've been doing that. A one point loss on the road is hardly something to lose sleep over or a turning point in the season.

From the highlights Ive seen I don't think we played too badly, should have won, credit to Adelaide for continuing to come. We didn't execute well at the end.

Our back line will keep us in games against anyone. Not going to lose sleep over the Dogs and Brisbane.

Our back line will keep us in games against anyone. Not going to lose sleep over the Dogs and Brisbane.
I realise I'm coming across as a bit of debbie downer, that's certainly not the intention. I'm not overreacting to 1 game either.

However, our backline has been the sheep's back and we're riding it more and more as the season goes on. Tonight more than ever reminds us that defence comes from a whole team effort not just the back 6. As good as that back 6 has been.

Prior to this game the most we've conceded was 73. It was 96 tonight. We're slowing up. It was inevitable and many of our players have played above themselves.

9-1 is a great position to be in but it will come undone if we don't improve in some aspects.

1 good thing is (similar to Port) we are no longer in the spotlight.

Why have an account for two years barely post then go out like this? Absolute pelican you are.
That's a little harsh. I thought a joke at the expense of umpires would be well received to any teams board. I apologise if I offended any Melbourne supporters that like the umps.

I realise I'm coming across as a bit of debbie downer, that's certainly not the intention. I'm not overreacting to 1 game either.

However, our backline has been the sheep's back and we're riding it more and more as the season goes on. Tonight more than ever reminds us that defence comes from a whole team effort not just the back 6. As good as that back 6 has been.

Prior to this game the most we've conceded was 73. It was 95 tonight. We're slowing up. It was inevitable and many of our players have played above themselves.

9-1 is a great position to be in but it will come undone if we don't improve in some aspects.

1 good thing is (similar to Port) we are no longer in the spotlight.

It's hard for me to say without watching it, but put Salem in for Jetta and the backline probably performs better than it did tonight.

FWIW
You had more scoring shots and our boys played out their skin today

It’s better to lose mid year than run a streak for the whole season and ***k up in finals

This is your best chance for a flag and I hope it eventuates
👍🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Back