• Gold Coast by 1-39

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gold Coast by 40+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came here to read Cockarfitt say we’d win by 10 goals + for disbelievers to cut the crap.

Didn't disappoint.

😜😜😜😹😹😹

We'll win this by 10 goals. Cut the crap everyone.

Couldn’t stop myself, tried, but just couldn’t

No YOU ARE coz if you look at the great wins when they were expected to lose over the past few seasons that the Cats have had, you'll see that Scooter played and played well! I can bring up a few examples but am not going to cater for the benefit of ignorance!
I know he lets us down in finals should be called the turtle very slow no real great skill exp tackling

No YOU ARE coz if you look at the great wins when they were expected to lose over the past few seasons that the Cats have had, you'll see that Scooter played and played well! I can bring up a few examples but am not going to cater for the benefit of ignorance!
How many of those games have been at Kardinia Park?

You have to wonder ..who has the better list Car or GC? GC looked petty good V Port.., were quite unlucky early ..two or three disallowed goals cause someone got a pinky on the ball.

I'd say Carlton have the better list, comfortably - but Dew is getting more out of the Suns than Bolton is from the Blues.

Cripps, Curnow, Walsh, Dow, Weitering, Kruezer, Simpson, Murphy, McGovern, even McKay - they should be a lot more competitive than they are.

If I was on the selection committee:

Out: Ablett, Dangerfield, Abbott, Clark
In: Stanley, Atkins, Z. Guthrie, Parsons

Probably the best opportunity to try out some players who haven't had a run in the AFL side yet this year, which means players like Jamaine Jones, Sam Simpson or Jed Bews might come in. Also, it's the best chance to rest Ablett and Dangerfield before the bye.

The side needs to be settled after the bye, and also as injury/niggle-free as possible, which means this week is crucial for testing out various different players to see where we're at

Should get the job done, but Gold Coast have looked good, Dew has really done some good stuff with their list.

If both Dangerfield and Ablett play this week I will start to get a little nervous and frustrated, its time to rest them I think:)

I'd say Carlton have the better list, comfortably - but Dew is getting more out of the Suns than Bolton is from the Blues.

Cripps, Curnow, Walsh, Dow, Weitering, Kruezer, Simpson, Murphy, McGovern, even McKay - they should be a lot more competitive than they are.

Clarko would be able to get Carlton to finals next year if he was the coach.

For mine, Ablett and Danger get a rest this week without question. Also, I think it's a chance to bring in Fogs to give him a run at AFL level, as he's just too good to be playing AFL. Might be a little soon, but still wouldn't mind seeing him get a game just for what he could potentially bring to the side/added depth. Same thoughts with Bews, if he's ready

In a perfect world I'd go with:

OUT: Danger (rested), Ablett (rested), Clark (rested), Abbott (omitted)
IN: Stanley, Fogs (more likely Parsons or Scooter), Bews (more likely Zuthrie), Atkins

Means our 22 is still pretty damn good, even with injuries/omissions:

B: MOC, Blics, Kolo
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Henry
C: Duncs, Sel, Parf
FO: Stanley, Guth, Kelly
HF: Atkins, Hawkins, Dahl
F: Rohan, Fort, Miers
INT: Bews, Fogs, Tuohy, Constable

Dangerfield said Saturday's ankle injury was a recurrence of a sprain he sustained against the Bombers back in round seven.

While he said it was feeling fine on Monday, he wouldn't rule out having a rest this weekend against Gold Coast.

The chances of Constable sooking it up as opposed to just not getting his mojo right are about nil. He knew he was playing crap, and that was the look on his face. Give him another chance.

He is a very sour looking bloke thats for sure, showed absolutely no emotion the entire game even when he kicked a goal, also needs to shave that bum fluff off his lip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should've been rested a lot earlier. For some reason, we have this philosophy around Dangerfield of needing to drive him into the ground, which only results in his game suffering.
Is his game suffering? Hadn't noticed.

For mine, Ablett and Danger get a rest this week without question. Also, I think it's a chance to bring in Fogs to give him a run at AFL level, as he's just too good to be playing AFL. Might be a little soon, but still wouldn't mind seeing him get a game just for what he could potentially bring to the side/added depth. Same thoughts with Bews, if he's ready

In a perfect world I'd go with:

OUT: Danger (rested), Ablett (rested), Clark (rested), Abbott (omitted)
Would prefer to alternate the resting of Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Kelly, Duncan so we are not missing more than one at any time..

Yep, don’t they have something like 10 top 10 picks- should be more than competitive, should be a good team by now.

The GCS have improved this year but don't really have the talent yet to seriously challenge us at this stage. Sure, they might hang about for a few quarters and look threatening, but this Cat's outfit won't be put off by that. These lads just keep grinding away and the class and efficiency of our forward line is what puts this team as the clear best in the competition at this point.

I guess what's on everyone's mind about this game is will the club rest some players for it. Namely Dangerfield & Ablett. One because of the niggling injuries he's accruing, the other because he's 35 and they need to manage his load. Who knows. The MC rarely does what we think they should do.

Fort should stay in IMO. Stanley should play if he's fit. Atkins should play if he's fit. Sav should be in the 2's working on his confidence.

As for who they drop, then apart from the 2 I've mentioned I don't know. Abbott (if Reece plays), Clarke (rest), Constable (for Atkins)

Lots for the MC to think about this week.

I agree... there realy has not been this type of comparison yet but I suspect its coming. Id suspect the what GC have done this year is a chnage ia ppraoch , have been willing to step back from must play kids. Miles etc have been a big help..add Cobertt one end add Collins the other and then play for a close game not an open game. Hw would Walsh go with this game plan I wonder? He'd probably adapt , he is gun kid.
Meanwhile a couple of GC younger players that have been missing games.. probably makes them a bit vulnerable to approaches but so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back