Preview Rd 10: Geelong v Gold Coast Sat May 22 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After busting the Tuggers wide open and then getting over the line fugly style v the Saints, we are back home V the Suns this week.

No real injuries of such to report after Saints game that I recall - Holmes was not enacted as the medical sub.

The form line suggest it should be a good win - but i never trust form lines.

Jezza may even get to train this week rather than just fronting up for games per his post match interview with Stewy.

Will we see another 80m barrel from 2E?

GCS will not have the extra motivation of the GAJ effect this time so lets see how they do.
They are a much better and up and coming side that on their day can give most a run for their money and we are no exceptions there.

Will they however be able to handle Guthrie, Duncan. Tomma, Jezza and Stewy all rolling around in their best form of the year.

Lets keep the mojo rolling and get another 4 points.

Added note - Check the stop length this week please and lets lose the fumbles.

Also, are we likely to see MOC, Dahl, Simmo, Kolo back this week and if so whom goes out?

Does Jezza get a week managed (given the calf issues) and move Sav to F50 and bring in Fort/Stanley to play ruck?

Does Clark and Narkle hold their place?

GO Catters

Last edited:

Have we heard how the injured guys like O'Connor & Kolodjashnij are tracking and if they're in consideration to return this week? Without knowing more about how those guys are tracking, for the early change I'm going

Out: Ratugolea
In: Fort

I dont know if he will be available

An injury report i read last week had Oconnor listed as hamstring 2-4 weeks and Miers fractured leg 3-6 weeks

However Tom Hickey before the Geel game was listed as 5-7 weeks re knee - and he played - so who knows
I'm still awaiting the bad news regarding Parfitt.

Time for Selwood to have a rest or he could burn out, unless we have no player coming back

We have the bye in 2 weeks - so unless he's not 100% there's no reason to give him a week off at this stage considering he's going to be having a rest soon enough

Giving him a week off now would mean 2 weeks off in the space of 4 weeks and that can be a momentum breaker

I agree we need to manage the guys over the back half of the season, but don't see the point in doing so at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast will probably get the furnace treatment this week, so expecting a better performance from them. Bury them early and kill their hope would be the target I wouldve thought. Business type performance would be good.
Don't mind having young players get a gig this week. Clarke, Narkle, Esave to stay in. Give Fort a crack. Zuthrie stays in. Speed freak holmes?

In Stanley Simpson
Out Zuthrie Clark sub

need to take advantage of witts and miller not being there

Henry Blicavs Bews
Tuohy Henderson Stewart
Menegola Selwood Smith
Higgins Hawkins Duncan
Rohan Cameron Close
Stanley Guthrie Simpson
Atkins Narkle Ratagolea Parfitt

This really should be a big win at home I've seen the Suns a few times live this season they have no fit rucks except Zac Smith playing in the 2s and showing no willingness for the contest I'm told.

Ben Kings a talent but he's a lone ranger tall up forward.Interested to see who gets him,please not Henry we need to keep his confidence in tact.

In the games I've attended the Suns mostly generate their attacks from deep in defence running the ball out with some slick hand ball but Saturday Brisbane pressured them hard and 9 times out of 10 the fumble came the turn over and the easy goal on the rebound,stop that run of the Suns off the backline and it's game over they have no other way.

In Stanley Simpson
Out Zuthrie Clark sub

need to take advantage of witts and miller not being there

Henry Blicavs Bews
Tuohy Henderson Stewart
Menegola Selwood Smith
Higgins Hawkins Duncan
Rohan Cameron Close
Stanley Guthrie Simpson
Atkins Narkle Ratagolea Parfitt
Do you think they'd risk Simpson 1 week after hamstring soreness?

Have we heard how the injured guys like O'Connor & Kolodjashnij are tracking and if they're in consideration to return this week? Without knowing more about how those guys are tracking, for the early change I'm going

Out: Ratugolea
In: Fort
I'd expect Kolo to be available, so he would probably come in for Zuth.

O'connor is no chance. He'd still be a few weeks away. Simpson the same. He's done a few hamstrings now so they will be extra cautious with him you'd think.

Gold Coast can take games up to you, so I don't think it'll be an easy game. As said above, they're an up-and-coming side, so they can be inconsistent.

The GC ruck situation is dire at the moment with Zach Smith close to coming back for them. Will be interesting if he plays given his history with the cats.

Bring back Stanley, please.

If O'Connor and Simpson are fit to play then that will see a couple dropped. Zuthrie should be first out. Holmes maybe, with Clark becoming the medical sub again (which would suck from his POV). SavRat may be dropped because he was bloody ordinary last week.

Not sure about Dalhaus's injury scenario.

I'd expect Kolo to be available, so he would probably come in for Zuth.

O'connor is no chance. He'd still be a few weeks away. Simpson the same. He's done a few hamstrings now so they will be extra cautious with him you'd think.

I'm thinking they'll take the cautious option with both O'Connor & Simpson and we won't see either until after the bye

I'm thinking they'll take the cautious option with both O'Connor & Simpson and we won't see either until after the bye
That is the correct way to go about it.

If we want some other players in they should maybe look at a debut or 2 over the next 2 weeks and use them to rest anyone who has niggles.

And yes i am aware the bye is right around the corner but we must make sure our older players reach finals without being burnt out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back