Preview Rd. 10 SUNS vs West Coast @ Domain

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't really paying attention when watching this game - what did Russell do that's getting all the hate? I obviously missed whatever he did lol

Watched that replay of Russell's attempt on goal and I can see how he missed it. He was running at the goals, felt the pressure coming, still had the opportunity to kick straight at the goals but would have had to take a hit just after he kicks it, but veers away from the goal, shanks the kick as he didn't want to wear the hit. He is as soft as butter.

Watched that replay of Russell's attempt on goal and I can see how he missed it. He was running at the goals, felt the pressure coming, still had the opportunity to kick straight at the goals but would have had to take a hit just after he kicks it, but veers away from the goal, shanks the kick as he didn't want to wear the hit. He is as soft as butter.
nah he is tough with heaps of tats...

I don't like taking potshots at the players that much, but just so aggravated with so many players lately.

I asked Ashcroft a couple of questions at the Q&A part of the WA members forum. I asked about half the questions. I'm sure some of these were asked at the proper membership forum a few days back, but screw it.

I asked about the rumourbthat Gold Coast will have to cut football department spending by $300,000 to be able to pay for the academy next year. It's true that there is a 300k deficit, but he's confident that the AFL will subsidize that.

Got to say, the anger here confuses me.

With the team we rolled out, I would have taken a 77 point loss any day of the week! Especially with some of those missed goals and turnovers. With a stronger team over there last year against WCE we lost by 20 goals. That says to me we're improving. You just can't see it right now because of the many substandard players we have, but it's there.

Pretty optimistic about how we'll look when our AFL level players get back.

Loved watching Sebby Tape. His attack on the ball is kamikaze style. Kept Priddis much quieter than he normally does against us too.

Nicholls was good I thought. Showed some spring again and had a mammoth 10 tackles.

There are little victories I can see here.

Got to say, the anger here confuses me.

With the team we rolled out, I would have taken a 77 point loss any day of the week! Especially with some of those missed goals and turnovers. With a stronger team over there last year against WCE we lost by 20 goals. That says to me we're improving. You just can't see it right now because of the many substandard players we have, but it's there.

Pretty optimistic about how we'll look when our AFL level players get back.

Loved watching Sebby Tape. His attack on the ball is kamikaze style. Kept Priddis much quieter than he normally does against us too.

Nicholls was good I thought. Showed some spring again and had a mammoth 10 tackles.

There are little victories I can see here.

I agree and that's why I haven't posted my thoughts.

We're playing guys who aren't 100% fit, not ready yet or just not up to it. With 3 listed players in the NEAFL there's no other option.
Agree, and yet the club is going to bring in five players from the injured list straight into the seniors. That sounds like a great plan, not

Also, how was the commentary during the game on our average losing margin lately on Twitter by some of these 'experts'.

Spare me. If you don't 'like' the ideas of injuries as an excuse, that's your prerogative. But the facts are the facts. We are being forced to play guys that leave us without the experience, fitness and talent to compete. Especially against the teams we've played lately. All finalists, most of them competing for top four. These VIC guys looking for a headline or to get known are genuinely disgusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's laughable really. I won't say much more than I have been happy with the past two games given our cattle. I see some good signs. I asked only for effort this week and was ready for a 100 point belting. Jack Martin is starting to come on. Looks far more at home out there and is probably our best decision maker outside of Gaz (at his best).

Also, how was the commentary during the game on our average losing margin lately on Twitter by some of these 'experts'.

Spare me. If you don't 'like' the ideas of injuries as an excuse, that's your prerogative. But the facts are the facts. We are being forced to play guys that leave us without the experience, fitness and talent to compete. Especially against the teams we've played lately. All finalists, most of them competing for top four. These VIC guys looking for a headline or to get known are genuinely disgusting.
It's just the typical media game plan, they know how much the vic audience loves it when an interstate team going like a busted so they'll stick the boot in every chance they get. I love how they start off explaining how bad our injuries are and then proceed to spend the next half an hour saying what a useless rabble we have become.

Last edited:
Just finished watching. To me this loss wasn't as brutal as the score indicated. We just need our injured players healthy. As Rocket said Willis shouldn't even be playing. With our injuries he was forced to. As many have said after the bye we should be a different team. If we had our true best 22 out there and lost by that margin then I'd be irate.

The below was copied off the AFL website.

It highlights that the GCS midfield and fowards do not work collectively and allow the opposition defenders/on-ballers to run riot.

It shows that the GCS defenders have no chance of stopping their opposite numbers.

West Coast v Gold Coast (AFLCA)
10 Luke Shuey (WCE) On baller
8 Josh Kennedy (WCE) Full forward
3 Gary Ablett (GCS) Superstar
3 Shannon Hurn (WCE) HBF
2 Matt Priddis (WCE) On baller
2 Jack Redden (WCE) On baller
1 Jamie Cripps (WCE) Half Forward
1 Brad Sheppard (WCE.. Back Pocket

Best Players listed on AFL website
West Coast:Shuey, Lycett, Priddis, Kennedy, Sheppard, Hurn, Naitanui
Gold Coast:Ablett, Prestia, Rischitelli, Martin, May

The below was copied off the AFL website.

It highlights that the GCS midfield and fowards do not work collectively and allow the opposition defenders/on-ballers to run riot.

It shows that the GCS defenders have no chance of stopping their opposite numbers.

West Coast v Gold Coast (AFLCA)
10 Luke Shuey (WCE) On baller
8 Josh Kennedy (WCE) Full forward
3 Gary Ablett (GCS) Superstar
3 Shannon Hurn (WCE) HBF
2 Matt Priddis (WCE) On baller
2 Jack Redden (WCE) On baller
1 Jamie Cripps (WCE) Half Forward
1 Brad Sheppard (WCE.. Back Pocket

Best Players listed on AFL website
West Coast:Shuey, Lycett, Priddis, Kennedy, Sheppard, Hurn, Naitanui
Gold Coast:Ablett, Prestia, Rischitelli, Martin, May

Ok.....so we were playing our best 11 against their best 21, and they ran riot......that was to be expected.......I'm not sure what your point is.....please enlighten me....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back