Autopsy Rd 10 v Saints. Not good enough when it counted.

Which players do you think had a good game in Round 10 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s disengenious argument from you, because You use a metric that you know you can keep trying to argue because you can always keep changing the goal post.

If we say that no other club has had as bad as the last season and a half as we have had in their rebuild, you say that injuries last year etc and that we also cut deeper and did a bigger list rebuild etc.
We can’t use other club rebuilds as a true metric for whether we are behind in ours because of exactly the argument you keep making that our rebuild is different that everyone else.

What I can say, is that whatever the coach/s are getting the boys to do on the park in regards to zoning up and structure and also ball systematic ball movement combined with skills isn’t working!

A new coach can definitely come in with some new fresh ideas, ideas on how tough to be on the players, ideas on what the best method to move the ball up the park is, ideas on the best method to defend is, ideas on which team structure is better suited to getting the most out of the playing list etc etc.
A new coach with new assistants can bring a new fresh start that can revitalise the place, because Bolton’s abysmal win/loss record hangs over the club and team like a chain around its neck

I will keep taking yo back to the one statement

We are no further behind any of the rebuilding clubs in terms of timeline

A lot of posters seem confused about what our game plan is. Surely the Bulldogs game answered that. The real question is, why aren't we executing the game plan every week? Might be youth and inexperience, might be opposition pressure, might be lack of effort, might be light bodies, might be lack of belief, might be the phase of the moon, might be some combination of all of the above and more besides. But the Bulldogs game seems like a pretty clear example of the way we want to play, i.e. our intended game plan.

Midnight shift won’t let you down.

T-60 with his open hands warming over numerous spot fires.

Numbers insanity, with free Bowie lyrics.

Then the soothing sounds of MSR to comfort you through to dawn.

It’s a nice mix.
I’ll chime in too

A lot of posters seem confused about what our game plan is. Surely the Bulldogs game answered that. The real question is, why aren't we executing the game plan every week? Might be youth and inexperience, might be opposition pressure, might be lack of effort, might be light bodies, might be lack of belief, might be the phase of the moon, might be some combination of all of the above and more besides. But the Bulldogs game seems like a pretty clear example of the way we want to play, i.e. our intended game plan.

I thought the same thing. It seemed like today our centre clearances were not as clean, and we overused the boundary (playing too safe). Most of the inside 50s seem to be too deep and all coming in from the boundary line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ill tell ya what, i came in peace but now ill head off with a get stuffed and hope you enjoyed the fact your team of first round draftees got beaten by a less experienced team, missing 6 of their best 22, with a coach who has the worst winning record of anyone in his games class. Hope it bodes well for the future of your club who has been absolutely useless since they got caught rorting the salary cap like the dirty cheats they are. my club might be irrelevant, but at least we are not a pack of cheats....have to love the past eh

Sure do.

Premierships Enjoyed:
Me: 1968, 1970, 1972, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1995
You: ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Is it not fact that this squad is younger than any year of our rebuild?
Maybe it is.
It is also the most talented squad we’ve had in many years.
You keep bringing up the youth of the squad, yet you expect us to improve in the 2 Nd half of the season.
Our young players look cooked now, in 6-8 weeks I’d imagine they’ll be worse.
You’re contradicting your own argument

I will keep taking yo back to the one statement

We are no further behind any of the rebuilding clubs in terms of timeline

Then go ahead and tell me which rebuilding club had progressively worse seasons as each year went on.

Which rebuilding clubs reached the depths that we have with 2-20 season followed up with a 1-9 so far?

Now you’ll go to your next argument that injuries and deeper rebuild excuses our last 2 years compared to other rebuilds, while in the same breath wanting to continue comparing us to other rebuilds.. like I said disingenuous argument

if it weren't for posters like Arr0w and Soapy V and one or two others, you lot - about 30 or 40 of you tonight - would have this place to yourselves to check each other over for lice and agree to agree to agree and bitch and moan and run the club and all its employees and players into the ground - you've basically already done it - exactly what's left to criticize? who's left to sack? what player isn't a dud? the lot of you are a sad, miserable cohort of wannabes looking for something your struggling club currently can't deliver - I have no idea why you bother I really don't - it ain't going to get any easier any time soon so instead of continually bleating about how terribly bad you feel because carlton aren't winning, just give it away - it's obviously too hard continuing to support this particular SPORTING CLUB - so, um, give it away - have a rest - find a hobby - I'll be there next week cheering on my beautiful navy blue team - whatever performance they put in - until my dying day...........
B0D3A671-283A-4E8C-83EF-036DB3630EEA.jpeg

I dont know why you guys are bagging the saints person. They have won 5 games this year.
That's like 3 seasons for us.

Have a read & get back to me.

ill tell ya what, i came in peace but now ill head off with a get stuffed and hope you enjoyed the fact your team of first round draftees got beaten by a less experienced team, missing 6 of their best 22, with a coach who has the worst winning record of anyone in his games class. Hope it bodes well for the future of your club who has been absolutely useless since they got caught rorting the salary cap like the dirty cheats they are. my club might be irrelevant, but at least we are not a pack of cheats....have to love the past eh

Maybe it is.
It is also the most talented squad we’ve had in many years.
You keep bringing up the youth of the squad, yet you expect us to improve in the 2 Nd half of the season.
Our young players look cooked now, in 6-8 weeks I’d imagine they’ll be worse.
You’re contradicting your own argument

No contradiction at all, facts are we are younger than any time over the rebuild

I said at the start of the season, that I thought we would have a better 2nd half, also happy to discuss that prediction end of year

Back