Game Day Rd 10 vs geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
The final game of the season for us. Surprised to see Locke omitted, she seems to get dropped whenever she looks like improving

Tamara in for a farewell

Menu
Club Logo

aflc-haw-right-dark.png

Follow us on social

AFLW RD10 TEAM: One change for final game​

Hawthorn has made one change for its trip to Geelong on Saturday.
By hawthornfc.com.au - 1 day ago
Article_Rd10-team.png

Hawthorn has made one change for its final game of the year against Geelong this Saturday night at GMHBA Stadium.
Ruck Tamara Luke has been recalled her first match since Round 6, as she prepares to play her final career game alongside Akec Makur Chuot before they both farewell the AFLW.
Luke's selection will see Sophie Locke miss the clash, with the youngster omitted for the Pride Round fixture.
The Hawks will again be wearing their 2023 Pride Guernsey, inspired by Hawthorn duo Tilly Lucas-Rodd and Louise Stephenson.
Hawthorn General Manager of Football Operations Max Bailey was looking forward to ending the season on a high note.
"We have a lot to play for as a club on Saturday night, with every match another opportunity to improve and develop," Bailey said.
"Having Tam and Akec play their final games while celebrating Pride Round will also be a big occasion and we hope to make our members and fans proud.
"We're also excited about the opportunity to face Geelong for the first time and extend the storied rivalry in the men's competition to the AFLW."
RD 10 TEAM
Geelong v Hawthorn
Saturday 4 November
GMHBA Stadium, 5.05pm AEDT
B:
Tamara Smith, Mackenzie Eardley
HB: Aileen Gilroy, Jenna Richardson, Laura Elliott
C: Kaitlyn Ashmore, Jasmine Fleming, Emily Everist
HF: Aine McDonagh, Ainslie Kemp, Mattea Breed
F: Lucy Wales, Bridie Hipwell
R: Tamara Luke, Tilly Lucas-Rodd, Akec Makur Chuot

INT: Emily Bates, Greta Bodey, Charlotte Baskaran, Kristy Stratton, Tahlia Fellows

EMERG: Sophie Locke, Tegan Cunningham, Louise Stephenson

our tackle pressure is immense again this week. Just need some reward in the forward line.

That's what the BS dangerous tackle frees get you, a player putting herself in a vulnerable position and knocking herself out when tackling

Effort can’t be faulted by everyone, except Makur Chuot.

Bates well down.

Skills from Fleming and Baskaran are atrocious! Well below AFLW standard.

Breed is starting to play with confidence and show what she can do. Pity AFLW is more a carnival than a competition in length, because she would benefit from a few more games.

Cats mids are starting to get well on top. This could get ugly.

How are so many Cats players free at and around a defensive 50 stoppage? Diabolical!

Effort can’t be faulted by everyone, except Makur Chuot.

Bates well down.

Skills from Fleming and Baskaran are atrocious! Well below AFLW standard.

Breed is starting to play with confidence and show what she can do. Pity AFLW is more a carnival than a competition in length, because she would benefit from a few more games.
Your comments are not based on reality.

I actually think Fleming could be an elite Wing. She doesn’t have the composure or toughness to play inside mid at the moment. Certainly would be a massive upgrade on Makir Chuot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, Tamara Smith marks in front, comes up with the ball, and the commentators ask "Who's this going to be paid to?" Tamara Smith.

"Oh NO!"

Richardson playing an unbelievable game so far.

Still doing the s**t little handballs in the contest which continues to put us under pressure. Really wished we would kick it more in a contest just to make ground.

YOU ADD NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE AT ALL.

You are a cheap shot artist. All you do is talk s**t that doesn't make sense.
I put it on ignore a long time ago. Never looked back.

Lemme guess, put sh!t on Flemming and Baskaran cluelessly? Pretty sure he has a chatgpt account to generate afl based insults about them.

I’m taking about the game and you’re talking about me. That says it all really, chump!
I wish I wasn't talking about you, but I'm sick of your pot shots that rarely have accuracy.

Akec has been poor, but your take on Fleming and your continued unhinged comments on Baskaran are worth calling out.

Richardson, my goodness she has played well.

Cats mids are too fast and are spreading really well. We can’t go with them. Again, the effort is there, but our execution under pressure and our running capacity is not.

I agree about the handball inside the contest under pressure, we should be kicking to get territory. Luke forward is not the answer for us dump kicking out of stoppages and contests though, she looks slow and sore. We need a tall forward desperately.

I wish I wasn't talking about you, but I'm sick of your pot shots that rarely have accuracy.

Akec has been poor, but your take on Fleming and your continued unhinged comments on Baskaran are worth calling out.

Fleming and Baskaran’s disposals today have generally been poor. That is so much more accurate than your obsessive posts about me.

Sorry for crashing your elitist party in here people. Your sunshine, rainbows, Dixy and fairies perspective isn’t agreed by everyone in this world.

It’s a forum though, isn’t it? If so, a forum is designed for people to share their views, which unless you’re a sheep, can often be different to your own. If it’s not a forum, but an elitist gathering of simple minded, same thinking people, then I am very very sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back