Review Rd 10: Your saturday night shellacking vs the Saints and the legendary Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

They missed naughton twice. Don't forget coffield.
Mccartin over petracca... not sure I could stomach all that.
Their drafting strike rate has been truly horrendous. And to recruit all these free agents have sold the farm on a couple of drafts. Going to be a hard landing when they crash

Not enough love for our captains game last night. 26 and 7 scoring shots on goal. He’s hitting next level footy at the moment and it’s phenomenal to watch.

He’s on track for one of the greatest seasons by a dog player I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a few good ones go round.
He’s kicked 3 goal of the year/round contenders in the last 2 weeks. Absolutely flying.

Should be a good Brownlow race. Bont has vote stealer teammates as does Petracca (but not as many)

Bont has been doing a lot of walking on water lately. It’s such a joy to watch. Skipping through traffic and finishing. Chef’s kiss.

It happened quickly but we’ve really put together a fierce pressure mob that covers a lot of ground quickly in the front half. Combined with the best skilled half backs in the AFL and its happy days

Dale, Croz, Daniel, Duryea and Williams is an incredibly tough backline to put pressure on. They are all just so clean and composed. Especially when our forward line is scrambling so hard to help those guys just mop up scrubby kicks.

I thought their 2020 was quite good and my expectations were that they would kick on from it this season, but geez, they’ve been very disappointing.

Not just tonight - their losses against Essendon, Richmond and Port Adelaide were all very poor.

I don’t want to reignite the Bont vs Billings debate in saying this as it’s been done to death but I absolutely think Billings should be better than what he is, I rate his ability very highly and he just does not produce enough.

On tonight’s effort and the efforts of their other losses, they need to go back to the draft for 2-3 years.
Think the Saints over did the free agency route by bringing in Crouch on big dolllars. Feel that it really hurt team harmony, add in injuries to Hannebury and Jones and it sunk them as an effective outfit

Sorry - you're right. To be clear, I'm not suggesting he fresh air dived. I'm saying he made the most of the contact to make sure the ref saw it. I don't like players doing that generally. But Weightman makes everything fun.
Not entirely sure Weightman could have done anything different, Howard gave him a solid shove when Weightman was not expecting it. Possibly put a little mayo but he was going down regardless IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the Saints over did the free agency route by bringing in Crouch on big dolllars. Feel that it really hurt team harmony, add in injuries to Hannebury and Jones and it sunk them as an effective outfit

I’ve seen a bit of Crouch this season and I’m still not sure what makes him worth the money they are paying. Only ever seen him as above average at the Crom as well

Not entirely sure Weightman could have done anything different, Howard gave him a solid shove when Weightman was not expecting it. Possibly put a little mayo but he was going down regardless IMO

I was a Costco sized bottle of mayo, but it was completely dumb by Howard to even do anything

Wonder if Bevo is starting his selection shenanigans early by saying Adz will miss several. Surely the player must have known the severity after the game when he was interviewed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100 per cent.

Messing with their minds. Watch Thursday and Ads will be selected at full forward or something.

Love this Bevo, talking about Flipper and the accidental Sweetie/flight attendant story at the airport during pressers, the foxing with selection.

Should be a good Brownlow race. Bont has vote stealer teammates as does Petracca (but not as many)

Bont has been doing a lot of walking on water lately. It’s such a joy to watch. Skipping through traffic and finishing. Chef’s kiss.

It happened quickly but we’ve really put together a fierce pressure mob that covers a lot of ground quickly in the front half. Combined with the best skilled half backs in the AFL and its happy days

Dale, Croz, Daniel, Duryea and Williams is an incredibly tough backline to put pressure on. They are all just so clean and composed. Especially when our forward line is scrambling so hard to help those guys just mop up scrubby kicks.
Just shows how important coach, list management and the development program are. How do players like Hannan, Scott, McNeil, Sweet, Dale, R Smith become regulars in a flag contender? It must be a good feeling when the 38th player feels they can get a game.

They are so good at creating a contest, getting the ball to ground and then shifting the ball in all directions with their elite skills by hand and foot.

If teams are off by a fraction ( or not bring it at all, as evidenced by the Saints tonight) with their pressure, then we will just slaughter sides.

Such is the level of hardness and skill this side possess.
Dales kicking was f…ing amazing, it’s not just that he hits teammates it’s the length of his kicks

I thought Libba looked extra motivated last night to prove himself against Bytel
The task was huge but there’s no doubt that libba lifted for the immense challenge that Bytel presented him last night.

I know that this was only an aside for you. But I was intending to write my own post about how much I rated McNeil's game. He didn't accrue much glory, but every time he popped up on my TV he was performing some awesome sacrificial act for someone else. I'm loving the kind of player he is, and I'm loving that Bevo clearly rates it too.
Glad you could spot his involvement on TV because from L3 I didn't see him last night. Was actually wondering if he was a late out or something.

Happy for the coaches to do the rating, just shows that spectators/fans don't get the same detail as coaches but often have strong opinions on their lesser information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back