Preview Rd 11 2018 Sydney vs Carlton @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Board melt over Rohan selection classic stuff.

Opinion is that Carlton should be considered a relatively easy run. What's the risk losing McCartin to Rohan.

What greater benefit does Rohan get playing reserves that he would get playing seniors. Here is something novel yes find some form just do it in a game against opposition at senior level. McCartin hasn't owned his spot since inclusion like say when Melican got his opportunity. McCartin has been ok but there's his taste of that level now go back and work on a few things. Rohan comes in as an upgrade on McCartin.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we look with two genuine speedsters in Rohan and Stoddart in the team.

You can look at it at gifting guys games but there is also another way of looking at it as backing Rohan and putting some confidence in him. People respond differently to motivation.

There is like zero faith with the team on this board

I think faith needs to be earned and while this is not one of those games there have been too many important games over the past 5 years where the Swans team has just failed in almost every respect, with either the entire midfield not showing up or Longmire being destroyed tactically by an opposition coach.

I still don't know what he did wrong to be dropped. I thought he's been at least as good as Rohan, and while he was well beaten when he played second ruck, he at least gave a contest. I guess it just goes to show we really do know stuff all as supporters.

Yeah it's a little odd. I mean I was OK with him being dropped because he wasn't setting the world on fire but he has been better than Rohan so far this year. But he has to slog it out in the reserves to get his spot back, Rohan gets a free week off and has his spot reserved for him.

I think faith needs to be earned and while this is not one of those games there have been too many important games over the past 5 years where the Swans team has just failed in almost every respect, with either the entire midfield not showing up or Longmire being destroyed tactically by an opposition coach.
I know, we are just shocking!
It's so hard to support this team that continually loses and is coached by a moron with either no idea or deliberately doesn't play the superstars and leaves them rotting away in the NEAFL just because he doesn't like them. Oh how i wish i could change allegances and follow one of those bastions of stability and great leadership - you know Saints or Collingwood or Freo or Bombers or Carlton or basically 99% of the other teams in the comp, because every other team has a far, far better record than the poor old battling Swans and that loser that coaches them :drunk:

I don’t mind Rohan playing against Carlton. Playing him in this game has the potential to play him into form
You could say that about any player on our list, giving them an opportunity against the worst team in the league

It's so hard to support this team that continually loses and is coached by a moron with either no idea or deliberately doesn't play the superstars and leaves them rotting away in the NEAFL just because he doesn't like them. Oh how i wish i could change allegances and follow one of those bastions of stability and great leadership - you know Saints or Collingwood or Freo or Bombers or Carlton or basically 99% of the other teams in the comp, because every other team has a far, far better record than the poor old battling Swans and that loser that coaches them :drunk:

You're at risk of having as big a melt as Mick.

When Rohan was dropped last week, Harley said (and I heard him) he was being dropped to find some form in the NEAFL. Harley was crystal clear on the matter.

Lo and behold he is the travelling emergency for the game against the Brions. Most here thought that a peculiar decision, given the bloke needs to find form.

Then without so much as a minute of game time, he is rushed back in to the Seniors.

Mick, Jewels, Banyo et al, it is not unreasonable for other folk to point to the contradictions in the decision.

As some have pointed out, ROK, Goodesy and a host of others have spent time in the ressies when out of form or when others are in better form.

Still we are all just punters hoping for the best. Maybe the bloke had a blinder on the training track this week, giving Mr Horse et al the confidence to select him. Who knows?

If he gets to contests and blow me down wins a couple, dobs a goal or two and lays three successful tackles resulting in turnovers, I'm sure we will all acknowledge one of Rohan's better games.

Last edited:
I still don't know what he did wrong to be dropped. I thought he's been at least as good as Rohan, and while he was well beaten when he played second ruck, he at least gave a contest. I guess it just goes to show we really do know stuff all as supporters.
Got injured! His output did decrease significantly on his return from eye injury and by the look of it when he did return, it wasn't healed enough. He'll get back in.

Got injured! His output did decrease significantly on his return from eye injury and by the look of it when he did return, it wasn't healed enough. He'll get back in.

Ah yes I'd forgotten about that. We have had some random injuries this year.

You're at risk of having as big a melt as Mick.

When Rohan was dropped last week, Harley said (and I heard him) he was being dropped to find some form in the NEAFL. Harley was crystal clear on the matter.

Lo and behold he is the travelling emergency for the game against the Brions. Most here thought that a peculiar decision, given the bloke needs to find form.

Then without so much as a minute of game time, he is rushed back in to the Seniors.

Mick, Jewels, Banyo et al, it is not unreasonable for other folk to point to the contradictions in the decision.

As some have pointed out, ROK, Goodesy and a host of others have spent time in the ressies when out of form or when others are in better form.

Still we are all just punters hoping for the best. Maybe the bloke had a blinder on the training track this week, giving Mr Horse et al the confidence to select him. Who knows?

If he gets to contests and blow me down wins a couple, dobs a goal or two and lays three successful tackles resulting in turnovers, I'm sure we will all acknowledge one of Rohan's better games.
What melt? By all means quote one! I'm fairly sure I can find a heap of posts where you're wrong about his selection though. Keep yelling at clouds old man and don't forget to take your meds! Go the ranga!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with Rohan - if you watch the game and not the stats you can appreciate what he brings to the team.
Would have preferred Stodart out rather than McCartin.

Ahem, I watch the game and go to the games in Melbourne and have an idea what he and others bring to the game. I doubt there would be few other players to have notched 100 games to have so rarely got coach's votes.

Unfortunately the bloke has form in big matches, especially those at the G. Too many times he has been invisible for large parts of the game only to make an appearance as a headless chook.

Rohan is our equivalent of David Warner. Lots of talent which is displayed only when conditions and the oppo suit him.

What melt? By all means quote one! I'm fairly sure I can find a heap of posts where you're wrong about his selection though. Keep yelling at clouds old man and don't forget to take your meds! Go the ranga!

Your tone requires improvement ya young scallywag!

I wonder who Jed Lamb will try to antagonise this week.
Please let it be Jones.

0hQyd5L.gif

Surprising to see Mckay get dropped. Not that I watch, but thought you guys may as well get some games into him.
Got a run of 6 in a row. He had a shocker last week. Looked like he couldn’t compete at all in marking contests.... no presence. 0 marks - also stopped leading at all. We should’ve beaten Geelong but our tall forwards were all flat footed and easy spoils. Assume it’s just a light kick up the ass for a young kid.

Ahem, I watch the game and go to the games in Melbourne and have an idea what he and others bring to the game. I doubt there would be few other players to have notched 100 games to have so rarely got coach's votes.

Unfortunately the bloke has form in big matches, especially those at the G. Too many times he has been invisible for large parts of the game only to make an appearance as a headless chook.

Rohan is our equivalent of David Warner. Lots of talent which is displayed only when conditions and the oppo suit him.

Along with the other 21

Brilliant, Jewels.

- what do you think the average age of the 8 starting players for Carlton that are out injured is? As if Bolton really really prefers to play O'Shea/Mullett/Thomas/Rowe over Williamson/Marchbank/Docherty and Pickett...

Stats of average player's age who have played makes no mention of the average age of players who haven't been able to be played...
Oh where’s the new disciple Cameron...yep, there’ll be more melts!

More of a Messiah methinks

U can support two teams if you like... GWS and Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back