Autopsy Rd 11, 2022 - Loss vs. Saints - Jack's 250th

Remove this Banner Ad

Negative: That is the first time since I can remember that I actually turned off the game before 3qtr time.

Positive: Got a little bit gardening done, played some pool. Stayed off the beers.

More positives than negatives so I'll take that.

I only got up in time to watch the last quarter(holiday in Ragusa Sicily) but I was impressed with our defence in the last quarter. When the high ball went in we always had several defenders going the spoil. To often we try to intercept mark and we are not good enough yet.

They kicked straight with gave the scoreboard a different complexion from the play up the field.

On that last quarter showing, one more potent forward and we might be away.

People can complain about the head coach, the structure, or the game-plan all the want.

But when our "best" players are doing things like dropping uncontested lace-out chest marks in the forward line, or missing open targets under zero pressure, or spraying shots on goal from 25m directly in front, then "coaching" isn't the issue.

We simply lack talent.
You are laughable. Still can’t bring yourself to criticise him. Stick to the cult 👍

We turn the ball over that much and that badly, drop that many marks and get pushed off the ball that often it almost looks like we are doing it deliberately.

Someone hasn’t seen the VFL stats

I haven’t seen them and I could care less what they are. We just need to go in with a structure that gives us a target other than Larkey, allows Zurhaar to get the 3rd best denfender and stops opposition defenders sagging off and double/triple teaming Larkey.

Every game justifies the departure of the recruiting team.

Farck even Mason Wood looked like a gun Today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another game effectively over at qtr time. Turner close to the worst player in the AFL. A nothing game showing no improvement and if anything exposing more issues with our list. No speed in the forward 1/2 of the ground and slaughtered on the wings again. Resilience is the only lesson these players are getting. Spending the afternoon on the couch has never been so painful

You are laughable. Still can’t bring yourself to criticise him. Stick to the cult 👍
lol the irony is that he called me a 'simp' in the GDT like a genuine ******* child because i defended Nick Larkey from his bizarre myopic criticism

NOBLE HAS TO ******* GO !!!!! Week in week out same rubbish.. no enthusiasm by players that I thought were good . It’s obvious as daylight that the coach is the problem we have gone backwards from the past 2 years . People are like gambling addicts . They’re losing all their monthly but put money back in because they think they’ll win it back . TIME FOR NOBLE TO GO !!! He’s had. His go .

Lost every quarter again.

Is it worth trying Larkey in the backline for few weeks? He needs to learn how to contest packs and hit space on leads. Maybe he could learn from some opposition forwards. We sent Carey to CHB early on in his career for this very thing. too often he and Zurhaar are running to the same spots and getting in each others way.

Good games from Goldy, Jed, Luke Mc and Jy.

Can't see the upside of either Hayden or Xerri yet. Might be time to try something different

I only got up in time to watch the last quarter(holiday in Ragusa Sicily) but I was impressed with our defence in the last quarter. When the high ball went in we always had several defenders going the spoil. To often we try to intercept mark and we are not good enough yet.

They kicked straight with gave the scoreboard a different complexion from the play up the field.

On that last quarter showing, one more potent forward and we might be away.
I think you’re suffering from sun stroke

Every game justifies the departure of the recruiting team.

Farck even Mason Wood looked like a gun Today.

Players looking like duds for us but playing well in other teams is basically the opposite of a recruiting problem...

I haven’t seen them and I could care less what they are. We just need to go in with a structure that gives us a target other than Larkey, allows Zurhaar to get the 3rd best denfender and stops opposition defenders sagging off and double/triple teaming Larkey.
So a guy with 5 disposals in the VFL will solve this?
I’m not disagreeing with this isn’t exactly what we need but he isn’t the answer next week, he needs time to get some form

Missed first half. Caught the second half. What score did we concede from turnover? Some shocking skill errors led to direct goals. We desperately need some polish in the back half. Walker Young Turner Hayden are getting exposed too regularly with ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back