Autopsy Rd 11 Another Blues fade out, another loss

Who played well against the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is stupid. Of course they do. It's why they're professionals. They work within a system though, one that's letting them down.

Yes, I agree, just saying the problems are spread across the board, that's for sure.

Poorman53

All Australian
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven't been overly critical of the coaching thus far this year but they didn't help get a win today.

Martin played on one leg, struggled with power and changing direction.

TDK, Pitto and Casboult can't all be in the same team when TDK is second game back, Pitto and Casboult have been out of form all year.

I think the majority would have liked Weitering on Buddy and allowing Jones to play on McLean or Heeney.

Start of the 4th TDK needed to start in the middle not the stump Pittonet.

We aren't a good football team and looking like it is going to be a bit of work to become one.

11 rounds in and what we are doing isn't working, change up strategy time.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Déjà vu. Nothing learnt from the loss against the Dogs. When will the penny drop for this group? We are all waiting for us to take the next step in becoming a finals side. Glimpses of it aren’t good enough. In other news, I’m proud of Cripps today. No need to extend on that. Just proud. Also we definitely did lose it at selection, Casboult over Parks or Willo. My god.
That's what Patty needed, a couple of incidents to get the green monster out again... Swans were playing dirty.

Aug 20, 2011
Keilor
AFL Club
Carlton
Was as much a must win game as the boys have had in years, and they weren't ready. That's ok, the team isn't at the point of going deep into finals, let's just hope the lessons are there for the entire team, coaches included

I hope that moving forward we see a better balance of TDK as main ruck and we lose 1 of the lumbering talls.

Quite a few went a little bruise free in the second half and avoided contact, which is disappointing.

Still not sure how the club valued Saad & Williams so much, not knocking the blokes but with Docherty Newman SPS, these blokes arent locking down and aren't creating enough attack it seems like we have overdone it again with half back flankers.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m so confused by us as a side.
We look fantastic in patches but fade out heavily in others and look like a completely different team.

Is it fitness? Game style? Lack of talent/polish? Mind set?
Maybe a combination of all of the above

Whatever can be said from the above, I have no idea what the goal was at the selection table this week and was definitely a contributing factor.
Consistently have the lowest kicking efficiency in the league. Kills us every week.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Some things to like, some things to hate.

Really hoped Murphy would come onto the ground full of passion and heart. With it being such a hard game the opportunity was there for a fresh player with his knowledge, experience and ability to really transform the game. Bitterly disappointed that he failed to take the bull by the horns.

I hope that isn't rewarded with an upgrade to the match day 22.
You can count on it that he comes in for Gibbons next week

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

M_I_G

Premium Gold
Aug 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Like, I get people showing love for plowman and claiming he would have stopped Heeney destroying us, but he destroys us every game. Polls votes every time he plays us, so it feels a little like a fairy tale/dream. At the end of the day, he wasn’t on the field

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Honestly I reckon Kemp, with just one more VFL game, at the very most two, will give us WAY more than any player he replaces. Reeks class and would love to see him through the middle hitting targets and playing smart footy

Oh..and if we also add Charlie we can beat a top 8 team coming home, but way too late for us to be top 8

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Saad not accountable and Williams not a mid might be bad buys -- if kemp dow O'Brien etc not going to make a mid we have a lot of questions .. . Those two have 8 years experience so I don't think much will change

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We should never have appointed David Teague without a proper coach search. I hate when clubs appoint interim coaches without a proper coaching search process. People get seduced by a bit of success as interim coach way too much. Much like his footy career...........good first season, then downhill after
s**t clubs let their supporters decide decisions like who coaches them....that's exactly what happened when Teague was interim coach and got the gig full time

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
What a bummer.

That bit about us being a flag challenger made me laugh though. Lower the expectation and the season makes a bit more sense.
But it's not going to change till the players decide to give more than they think they can for a whole game.
No use trying to blame the coach for that.

Monty1978

Team Captain
May 5, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Teague is finished , let’s be honest , we are no better than when we are under Bolton and Bolton had a younger list ... we are not playing finals so let’s play honey , dow , lob etc casboult is shite , playing too many top heavy players didn’t work and people saying plowman , that dude wouldn’t have made a difference , Heney is just a class above anything we have got and buddy is good to watch , betts , Fogarty , gibbons , Murphy , sos doesn’t work ... last thing Williams has played well off half back

We have 3 or 4 very good players and 18 very ordinary ones. It's gunna be 2 or 3 years till we clean out the crap and start winning consistently.
welcome to 2004, 2007, 2011, 2015...........do you think maybe the endless cleanouts will come to an end one day?

Brackets

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
It's just a game but I invest way too much of my life toward it, for what's been a lack of any sustained enjoyment from it for far too long.

It's about as productive as watching an average movie on repeat because there's one or two good scenes.

Love Carlton but * I need to be done with them. Signing out for hopefully the last time 😔

Back