Unofficial Preview Rd 11 Bloods v Cats at the Litter Box

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression the coaches aren't sold on Menzel coming in this week. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just Kennedy out for McVeigh.

Well, they're not gonna give it away and say he's a certified in are they?

If what you say is correct and it turns out to be just Kennedy out for McVeigh, we haven't improved our midfield at all (haven't even improved our back-line either tbh)

I would sit Buddy out, we're better in Geelong without him. Although if Stewart does a number on him we will be without him anyway in a sense.
Do you remember that one time when we played a depleted Collingwood and Buddy took their best defender which allowed Reid to kick a bag?

Buddy is a star and even on a bad night can still kick a couple of goals. We need Buddy to play but not try to overuse him and actually let him run decoy more often. If he's available, he plays in my opinion.

Reid was a better ruck than Sinclair was against the Pies IMO - and he was only rucking part of the time.

Agree

Swans might agree to judging by the mid season draft

It was very good coaching. Credit where its due. And particularly to Clarke. A player who is resurrecting his career with guts and determination. Impressive.

I’ll wait a few more games re clarke

Still not sold would ditch him out of the side if others were fit

Reid was a better ruck than Sinclair was against the Pies IMO - and he was only rucking part of the time.
I think it was because Reid jumped into Grundy and sometimes beat him to the tap. Which also underscores just how good Reid's game was. . Sinclair cant jump at the moment particularly at the ball ups. He has battled on manfully. Thank goodness we have a big young bloke coming in to help him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett is still a wonderful player with great vision and impeccable disposal skills. For all that he proved a divisive figure at the GoCo where he was skipper. Running prayer circles pre game and trying to recruit others allegedly did not do much for cohesion.

Not sure if that behaviour has been curtailed at the Litter Box.

How long has he been out? Should he play half a game in the 2s?
I wonder if he does play who he will play on. Maybe he should play on Selwood. They're both around the same speed and #freekickGeelong plays fewer minutes in the mids

Still scoring at the same rate as the AFL champions who are still in 5th place in the comp

Not bad considering three of our forwards are 18, 19 and 20 and there hasn't been much consistency in terms of personnel.

Hayward missed a month, so did Buddy, Reid was MIA until Friday night, Papley was in the midfield a fair bit earlier on, Ronke is out of form, and Menzel is yet to even play a game. So we haven't actually been able to give a fair assessment of our forward line really.

What we need is just some stability. Have Buddy, Menzel, Hayward, Papley, McCartin and (reluctantly) Reid all in the same forward line, for a solid stretch of games, so they can build their form but more importantly just build their chemistry as a forward six. I see any one of Heeney, Dawson and Blakey being able to be that seventh man to rest forward if need be. Then we have Ronke waiting in the wings and putting pressure on both the smalls (Papley & Hayward) and the talls (if there's a game where we need to go shorter up forward.)

It's a bloody good group. With Buddy, Menzel, Hayward and Papley, I see four blokes who are all capable of kicking 30+. We just need to get games into all of them, and also not kick it to Buddy every time. Big test for Horse in the future as for just about the first time since around 2014, he's got a full forward line of weapons at his disposal. How will he use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back