Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's Teague's fault then? Make a call, have an opinion. Last I checked, it's not against the law.

The umpiring was horrendous and it contributed a great deal to the momentum swing in West Coast's favour. There you go. Arrest me.

I have made a call, crystal clear as to why we lost and it had nothing to do with umpires

Perhaps you and others should check the free kick count from the time we were leading, through to being outscored by 5 goals in a row

No issue at all. I think Pitto has plateaued and teams have worked him out. Good back up ruck for mine with a great ticker who will never let you down.

Now would be a good time to expose TDK a bit, while we have a bull in Cas to spell him from the long stints. Weird season, shorter games, team growing with him and see this pay off in the years to come.

Agreed, probably just tiring in general after his huge first month of AFL footy playing as a lone ruck.

We know what he’s currently bringing to the table, which isn’t a whole lot, so there’s no real harm in exploring our options which Teague has been pretty happy to do most of the season, both positionally and by way of gradually introducing younger players into the squad.

just really felt for sps today and needed to vent
Understand the need to vent and agree SPS was hard done by, the reason you gave was way off the mark.

He cannot continue to play midfield. Throw Fish/Walsh/Martin in there and leave Murphy up forward and between the arcs, can do less defensive damage there while still being able to attack.

We have managed to balance Martin’s game pretty well, and he is still required to play plenty of forward as he is a genuine target as he rotates there. If we do a direct position swap with Fisher so Murphy spends more time forward we likely lose a couple of goals and 5-10 touches through the midfield.

I get what you’re saying, but until there are other midfielders really pressing their case Murphy is still a key part of our midfield group.

Several things:

You are unambiguously wrong when you say that you cannot talk about umpires a) in this thread, and b) on this board. This is made manifest when you actually - you know - read more than a single post and piss off like the whiny little turd you are:

There are 112 posts that mention umpires in this thread alone. There is a thread on the main Carlton board that is there purely for discussion of umpiring. So, you're wrong.

Then, the second part of your post: you don't like the idea of being wrong, and thus you are being 'cancelled'. You want to discuss politics, go to the SRP, where I can and will further humiliate your whining arse, but until that happens keep your shitty politics off this board.
Can confirm. Do this all the time ... mostly with good cause, pretty sure

Considering the absolute hammering they cop in every gameday thread of ours (by myself included admittedly, sometimes), I'd say umpire discussion is indeed allowed on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have made a call, crystal clear as to why we lost and it had nothing to do with umpires

Perhaps you and others should check the free kick count from the time we were leading, through to being outscored by 5 goals in a row

Free kick counts... Honestly.

You should work for Champion data and tell me who will make the top 8 next year 🤣

One of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Is this allowed :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Ee9ysngU0AAZQnP.jpg

Free kick counts... Honestly.

You should work for Champion data and tell me who will make the top 9 next year 🤣

One of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

i agree generally with that...I think what Arrow is referring to though is that in their 5 goal rush they got a grand total of 3 frees (to our 2)...so hard to say the rush came off the back of bad umpiring

We had some fairly decent players out injured today; and for most of the season. God damn, I think we may be on the verge of kicking some serious arse.

Our key forwards are our big strength. Ideally we want McKay, Curnow and McGovern in there with Levi the floating tall covering 2nd ruck, or any key post forward or back as required.

Of those 3 tall forwards, this is who we have had available:

Round 1 - McGovern
Round 2 - McGovern, McKay
Round 3 - McGovern, McKay
Round 4 - McGovern
Round 5 - McGovern, McKay
Round 6 - McGovern, McKay
Round 7 - McGovern, McKay
Round 8 - McGovern
Round 9 - McKay
Round 11 - NIL

That's 14 out of a possible 30 games so far from our preferred 3 tall forwards. The best we can do from here is 28 out of a possible 51 games if Gov and H come back next week and stay fit.

i agree generally with that...I think what Arrow is referring to though is that in their 5 goal rush they got a grand total of 3 frees (to our 2)...so hard to say the rush came off the back of bad umpiring

It was the 2 umpire goals in a row to take them from 13 points down to 1 point down which made a massive difference

Pathetic showing from the umpires today. Some may disagree that they played such a pivotal part in the result, however we had the momentum and they managed to get involved in 2 scores for WCE clawing them within a kick. The whole week of umpiring starting with Friday Night's game ESSVGWS has been some of the worst I have seen in some time. Really disappointing as we were a real chance of putting this mob away.

Back