Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't argue with that.

On the flip side... when we are on a roll, we look mighty dangerous.

Haven't looked like that since the Ratts/Judd/Fev days.
We are buiding a formidable side Ferris.

Very exciting.
We held our own against arguably the top team atm. This with Martin off and no Harry and Guv. We fell away with less rotations.
We are so close to being a regular finals side.
One or two A graders away.

Last edited:
I noticed that.
I think to be fair, Teaguey would have considered the load on Tom.
Also Teaguey's view in the presser was that Tom is better at the bounce and Pitt is better around the ground.

4 quarters of pretty decent footy ruined by 4 minutes of mayhem. The not paid free kick against Liam Ryan that led to the first of the 4 quick goals was the most crucial of the day but when you see Ed Cunrow "fall over" going inside 50 and not get the free kick paid it is clear it hasn't been our day. The Cameron goal V the Cripps dropped mark earlier in the third (where he managed to get just enough of his hand to the ball the knock it away from Cotrell) summed up our luck.

On the positive side TDK was good (but was clearly gassed at the end of the game), would like to see Cotrell get another game, Weitering claimed another scalp and the "Fisher can't snap a goal" debate seems to have been settled resoundingly.

The big question is why couldn't we have played like that last week!!

Reckon Teague has to take quite a bit of the blame. When TDK was in the ruck, WCE lost their advantage in there. When Pittonet was back on, we got demolished, particularly due to Nic Nat. Why didn’t Teague persist with TDK?

Few weeks ago Weitering clearly should have played on Dixon. SPS is not a backman, he’s a midfielder and looks a bit lost at times. Gibbons, Cunningham (when fit), Fisher and SPS should be rotating through guts. Newnes lacks composure and misses targets which puts us to the sword every week. Murphy doesn’t tackle enough and lacks intensity at the contest. Would love to see honey in...time for Newnes in the 2s. Why is Plowman the whipping boy of so many supporters? I reckon he’s playing well.

Did you see TDK in the last quarter - completely gassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why SPS' HTB free was made into a 50m penalty? I haven't seen anyone else mention it and can't work out why from the footage.

We get rattled by poor umpiring decisions.
Agree with this.
Basil Z. mentioned at quarter time that it was spoken about a bit in the huddle.
It’s one thing for supporters to lose it, but the players have to be better at blocking it out.
Cripps doesn’t set the greatest example in this regard.
You sense that the players feel (like us) that we are very close to being a really good side, and things just appear to be conspiring against us a little bit. Injuries (particularly to forwards, and a few early in games), rub of the green with umps. Also, luck of who you play where in the hubs - we play WC in neutral Qld that result could easily be different.
Win the next 2 and we are back sniffing finals again. It would be nice for the games to stay relevant right to the finish line.

We are buiding a formidable side Ferris.

Very exciting.
We held our own against arguably the top team atm. This with Martin off and no Harry and Guv. We fell away with less rotations.
We are so close to being a regular finals side.
One or two A graders away.
Or an umpire

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You just said they didn't change the momentum, which is not true.
Cripps dropped the mark, then Nic Nat got caught dead, but the umps let him get away with it.

West Coast are one of the best sides in it. We were playing without 4 of our fist picked taller forwards, and Martin off early. But the umps cost us a legitimate go at winning.
Does anyone know why SPS' HTB free was made into a 50m penalty? I haven't seen anyone else mention it and can't work out why from the footage.
From what I can tell it was dissent. The umpire doubled down on a bad decision by penalising the complaint about it.

Some great positive signs against the benchmark.

And how about the depth we now have waiting in the wings, wait till next year

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We’re not far off stepping up to the next level. I don’t mind if this season is the season filled with inconsistency that provides the lessons these younger players need. Next year I want us winning these ones, no excuses. We matched them after the first 5 mins of the game and had them on the ropes up until they had that 6 min purple patch at the end of the 3rd. No comment on the umpiring, everyone’s said how I’m feeling about that too. Teagues comments on Fish are interesting and scream to me that he just wants to play footy and do his bit for the team. I love that.

TDK will make it and be a player. Give him 50 games. Keep him in.

Last edited:
Somewhat out muscled in crucial contests. Watching Plow and Simmo getting knocked about is hard to watch. They have footy smarts but just get bounced about too much. Ball should be locked in and/or sent back out but landing back in neutral territory with eagles flowing forward. SPS is in the same boat at times. I really get the feeling he's being played out of position and looks a bit lost. He's a flair player. Needs to play on instinct. I think he can come back to his natural style given time.

More fork ups from the umps. Once again, too many confusing frees paid or not paid. Not getting the rub of the green with the fluro folk presently.

Listening to Teague in the post match.... yeah nah yeah ...nah.
This isn't under 10's. That was a missed opportunity straight up and down.
Need to find a way and get it done. Couple more goals in the 3rd and this goes the other way.
Review, learn. Keep a ruthless element without being brutal.

As for Crippa...I think he's lost a smidge of confidence. He'll wade thru this period and learn and be the better for it.

As for Fish? Well without that little cameo we're nowhere on the scoreboard. Well done. Keep it up. Keep him in.
Will need him now jack looks out for 2.

Metaphorically we're that little train engine that could. We're so close to the next step. Puffing away, trying our guts out yet sliding backwards everytime. Its crucial we keep bringing the effort and desire. We're fit and we're good enough just need to put the pieces together. Not far off. Bloody frustrating though.

Watching from the lounge this week..there was plenty to like, we got rolled again in a purple patch from WC...they've got a pretty good midfield..no
shame, didn't get belted fought it out and without a forward line really...think it says more about WC who couldn't put the 12th placed team away at home without their 4 first choice tall forwards...

Back