Autopsy Rd 12, 2017: SWANS VS BRAVEDOGS

Remove this Banner Ad

I was busy thursday night and I keep coming on bigfooty to see if the game has been uploaded. I really can't wait to see it. Sounds like Heeney was really influential (something like 80% DE with half of his 30 odd possesions contested according to the footylive app) but I'm really curious to see how Parker Hanners and Kennedy played. As well as some of the players like Hewett and Jones who were statistically below their best, but you don't get stats for cracking in and competing hard.

#BraveFreeKickDogs would have got them anyway. Their stolen grand final is forever tainted and not taken seriously by the afl community outside their own. Theyre a laughing stock. #BraveLaughingStock
Yeah nah. Reminds me of deluded Hawthorn supporters saying our 2012 flag was tainted because of COLA.

I was busy thursday night and I keep coming on bigfooty to see if the game has been uploaded. I really can't wait to see it. Sounds like Heeney was really influential (something like 80% DE with half of his 30 odd possesions contested according to the footylive app) but I'm really curious to see how Parker Hanners and Kennedy played. As well as some of the players like Hewett and Jones who were statistically below their best, but you don't get stats for cracking in and competing hard.
Georgie boy did an instrumental shut down job on Johannisen.

Georgie boy did an instrumental shut down job on Johannisen.
I was really pleased with him. Parkers influence wasn't communicated by the stats either, I thought he had a great game. I can't believe how good Heeneys hands are, he is going to get better and better. I reckon He'll poll 5-10 brownlow votes by the end of the season. Such a shame glandular stopped him from hitting the ground running.

So you're saying Toby will do the role asked of him by his coaches that will best compliment the team in order to get a "W"!

I'm not down playing Towers and the contribution he has been making recently which has been quite encouraging but what I am saying is Nankervis will not be one iota of difference between a win and a loss in this game. He is physical and hard working at best. He impacts the game just a little more than he did when he had opportunity at the Swans. The hooplah by media and other quarters about his performance this year is way over the top. To make it clear,he is no great loss.

It's a long time since I've enjoyed watching a replay as much as I did this one. Found myself constantly chuckling with our boys going the niggle. Dogs won't beat us again anytime soon.

Thought we were actually a lot better against the Saints when we just controlled the tempo and played keepings off, but absolutely love our boys when they become the hunters rather than the hunted.

Lukey is a beast when he plays angry.... happy to concede the 6 for the bone cruncher on little Caleb.
I like JJ playing against anybody else, but the poor bugger looked like he just wanted to get outta there. Our Boy George was fantastic.... hope he remembers the formula.
Not enough love for Slammin' Sam Naismith here.... only a matter of time before he starts clunking those marks and adding a goal or two a game to go with his efforts in general play.
"Bambi" grew some antlers!!! Took 3 strides to make up 10 metres to pressure Daniel into his turnover kick to Buddy and again later on, not sure who it was, but Sam gave him a gobful to go with it. Most graceful player in the comp for mine... just seems to do things so easily.
Little Tommy Gun.... what can ya say? Love him throwing his 80kgs around in the middle. Speaks volumes that he makes the effort to get out to watch the rezzies I think.
Heeney is a rolls Royce. Millsy doesn't need to be asked twice to play angry lol. Lloydy becoming one of our most valuable....

Looking forward to a cracker game next Saturday. More of the same please :)

Edit: super excited about young Heywood too. How good will he be with another 40/50 games under his belt?

Last edited:
It's a long time since I've enjoyed watching a replay as much as I did this one. Found myself constantly chuckling with our boys going the niggle. Dogs won't beat us again anytime soon.

Thought we were actually a lot better against the Saints when we just controlled the tempo and played keepings off, but absolutely love our boys when they become the hunters rather than the hunted.

Lukey is a beast when he plays angry.... happy to concede the 6 for the bone cruncher on little Caleb.
I like JJ playing against anybody else, but the poor bugger looked like he just wanted to get outta there. Our Boy George was fantastic.... hope he remembers the formula.
Not enough love for Slammin' Sam Naismith here.... only a matter of time before he starts clunking those marks and adding a couple of goals a game to go with his efforts in general play.
"Bambi" grew some antlers!!! Took 3 strides to make up 10 metres to pressure Daniel into his turnover kick to Buddy and again later on, not sure who it was, but Sam gave him a gobful
Sam did take a couple of nice marks
Edit: took one mark for the match
518065_gp.jpg

Last edited:
Sam did take a couple of nice marks
Edit: took one mark for the match
518065_gp.jpg
Interesting techniques when compared. Reid has his hands very close together whilst Naismith looks like catching a beach ball. Maybe why SN drops a lot. Need to create the cradle/bucket earlier.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he did and I would let him run with Martin this week to see if he could at least half the contest which would go along way to us winning as he always seems to accumulate against us. Keeping him in check forward of center is imperative.

I'm not sure the constant niggling would make Martin go into his shell like it did JJ.

I'm not sure the constant niggling would make Martin go into his shell like it did JJ.

Im not

I'm not suggesting he apply the same tactic but going with him in a run with role, using his good body strength around the contest and harassing him may frustrate him and keep his possession to reasonable figures which may curb his impact on the outcome.

5. Papley is playing in the mids and playing well. Is it just me, or over the last few weeks has he been starting in the center regularly. He has been playing really well too.
Into my Supercoach team this week as a sneaky point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back