Preview RD 12 - Carlton v Eagles Sunday 6th June 3.20PM @ SCG - Team - Post #654

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really hoping to see TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Dow at the first CB tomorrow. I can no longer take Pitto at cb’s anymore. Either gives a free kick away or just palms it to the oppo. Just hang him on the bench and put him on when tdk goes forward. We’ll be okay with Harry and jsos up forward to start with. Martin can play tall also. These structures or lack thereof are driving me crazy.

TDK is in no way ready to carry the ruck on his own, he needs Pittonet to be in the side, he's not even ready to take a majority share of the ruckwork at this point in time.
I just meant that would be the ideal team.
I'd also make some room for McGovern on the bench to do relieving duties for both forwards and backs. Really like his game when his attitude is there.

FWIW this season is over re finals.
I hope that team is what we build over the remainder of this year and ready for R1 next season (which will hopefully be uninterrupted by covid)

He's not a star, but how is he a liability? We don't have better wingers on our list only way to achieve this is to take Walsh out of the middle.

Just looking at Cottell's stats.. Almost all stats are below average and the few that aren't are only average.
13.8 disposals. Kicking efficiency at 49.4%. 2.8 tackles. 2.7 score involvements.

Pretty lean mumbers for a permanent wing. Is a passenger too often like so many others. I like his effort and run but not really convinced he is a good wingman.

I don't mean him disrespect because he has done OK as a rookie.. Just don't think we are finals bound with players like him in the team..

Misery guts? Let me get this right.

When I’m positive about our kids being good enough to play AFL and succeed and wanting to see them played, I’m being what - one eyed and/or ignorant?
When I see that our structures are wrong and we are getting slaughtered by opposition coaching, I’m being negative?
When I come in here and outline I think we’ll win, I’m being what, optimistic and delusional?
When I raise concerns about specific players skills and their roles, I’m just plain wrong?
When I expect our off field leadership to stand deliver, I’m what again?
Now I’m a misery guts because I expect us to want a successful culture and mentality.

I’ve been around these forums long enough (maybe too long) to know, no matter what, certain posters will try to influence their thoughts on everyone else, by shooting (for a better word) people down, so that doesn’t work with me. I’ve also been around long enough to know what a successful club culture and team looks like.
Right now, we aren’t anywhere near there, and won’t be until we make the necessary changes to our clubs mentality, culture, unfortunately off field leadership and minor player tweaks on game day.

I’ll finish off by saying, you don’t go to the draft to pick top quality players and then bring in substandard players to play instead, unless there are real development or cultural issues within your club. I hope we win tomorrow and probably win well, as the consequences and outside influence on our club is going to be uncontrollable. Let’s hope the club is well prepared tomorrow and we kick some butt.

Goodnight Thy.
still, bit of one........

FWIW this season is over re finals.
I hope that team is what we build over the remainder of this year and ready for R1 next season (which will hopefully be uninterrupted by covid)
and not against richmond............

I think he’ll come in and aquit. Sooner than later.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever the case may be ,I don't expect too much from our ruck divison, we have 3 inexperienced ruckmen who have played less than 50 games between them. They are all still learning their craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not though. Finals are doable realistically, we don't even need an absurd scalp to do it.
Realistically, do you believe our coaching group are not capable of ******* up what slim hope we got left?
They've proven time and time again in last 18 months to make stupid decisions on team selection, structure etc etc.
If there is any way to * it up, I have learned from too much evidence in last two years, Teague and his assistants will find a way.
I think we win in spite of them today but there going to be games we should win later on, that past evidence tells me they will * up with dumb team, selection and on field team structure. I so wish it was different but I have zero confidence in this coaching group until they show they've changed their thinking and ways for prolonged period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back