Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Menz had 4 score involvements in the 3rd quarter alone.

Wait until he gets a tank.

Why was the runner on the field any way
Delivery a message to the Geelong boys apparently...

Probably telling them how long there was to go and who was winning.:rolleyes:

It did have no impact on the result but to the letter of the law a free kick could quite easily have been paid if he was deemed to be blocking or taking up space.

He did not restrict Robinson from getting to the contest as Mick suggested.

I'm not having a go or anything but Geelong copped some poor decisions as well we only got 11 free kicks to 9 so neither team really had a great run of it.

Also you must admit that that bizarre play on call on Tom Hawkins taking his shot in the 4th which would have given Geelong the lead was clearly a crucial decisions that went Carltons way at a crucial time.

having said all that i would want a cats player to get that free kick at the end and be filthy we if didn't, but I have seen it not paid to cats players many many times as well.

It was a good game and you should be happy with your clubs effort, good luck with the rest of your season.

I'm not having a go or anything but Geelong copped some poor decisions as well we only got 11 free kicks to 9 so neither team really had a great run of it.

Also you must admit that that bizarre play on call on Tom Hawkins taking his shot in the 4th which would have given Geelong the lead was clearly a crucial decisions that went Carltons way at a crucial time.

having said all that i would want a cats player to get that free kick at the end and be filthy we if didn't, but I have seen it not paid to cats players many many times as well.

It was a good game and you should be happy with your clubs effort, good luck with the rest of your season.

Obviously you don't remember that free kick Jimmy got in the dying seconds of your game v Norf early last year....

There were poor decisions paid, and legitimate free kicks not paid, both ways all game. The Menzel one hurts me the most because that gets paid 99% of the time and would have directly resulted in a Carlton win.

Obviously you don't remember that free kick Jimmy got in the dying seconds of your game v Norf early last year....
yes i remember it, i wasn't talking about specific incidents i was talking about that during any game there are many times clear high tackles are not paid as free kicks. It's not a rare thing it happens all the time, in every game to every team.

yes i remember it, i wasn't talking about specific incidents i was talking about that during any game there are many times clear high tackles are not paid as free kicks. It's not a rare thing it happens all the time, in every game to every team.

Just not Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were poor decisions paid, and legitimate free kicks not paid, both ways all game. The Menzel one hurts me the most because that gets paid 99% of the time and would have directly resulted in a Carlton win.

and Menz doesn't miss :(

How much more proof do you need?

Your own players (Kelly, Stokes) said the free was there.

Umpire boss comes out and says two incorrect decisions altered the result. One of which was 15m out at the end of the game with our best kick on goal. The other killed our momentum after we toiled for a goal just seconds before.

Footballing figures have come out and said it was unfair in an industry that doesn't talk of umpiring decisions.

Not Geelong's fault we were hard done by, they took the opportunity that was handed to them by not only the opposition but the umpires too....not something that's usually needed.

For a team that is every chance to finish bottom four, Geelong would want to do better than win because of incompetent umpires.

For a team that is every chance to finish bottom four, Geelong would want to do better than win because of incompetent umpires.
We shouldn't be taking shots at Geelong, their own players actually came out and said they felt free kicks should have been taken. The Umps are the ones at fault.

Geelong has been a champion side that forced the other sides in the comp to play better footy. Their supporters from my last two experiences have been super arrogant though.

Have you forgotten the 'non' centre bounce that should have been recalled back which resulted in a goal to Geelong!
Now that is bizarre!

It must be a hollow victory for Cats fans.

We shouldn't be taking shots at Geelong, their own players actually came out and said they felt free kicks should have been taken. The Umps are the ones at fault.

Geelong has been a champion side that forced the other sides in the comp to play better footy. Their supporters from my last two experiences have been super arrogant though.

Just like we were when we were winning all the time :(

It's not Geelong's fault that we lost on Friday...if the situation was reversed you can bet your bottom dollar that we would have grabbed the opportunity too.

Not a shot at Geelong. Just an observation. Their past month has been - close win over Richmond, smashed by Freo, just going through the motions v Norf, belted by Sydney & falling across the against us. If they are actually aiming at going one step further this year than last (or even equalling last year) - they better improve quickly.

Regardless I still want us to beat Geelong when we play them at Etihad again. We need to start knocking off the top teams....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back