Game Day Rd 12: Crows vs Dogs (@Metricon 12:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Schoenberg showed plenty today.... Bailey Smith is going to be an absolute star of the competition and the most damaging midfielder we've seen for years. 811 metres gained is unbelievable for a player that wins a lot of his ball in congestion
We all loved Bailey in his draft year
Pity about his medical exemption
Don’t think I will ever forget it

How is lockdown going for him 🤣

I thought Schoenberg showed plenty today.... Bailey Smith is going to be an absolute star of the competition and the most damaging midfielder we've seen for years. 811 metres gained is unbelievable for a player that wins a lot of his ball in congestion
The best thing about Schoenberg, his first instinct is to move the ball forward and create something.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

McAdam for someone who is supposedly unfit and not quite acclimated to elite sportsperson life, I thought his workrate was outstanding and most of our goals came from him putting in a big effort off or on the ball.

Schoenberg showed he's our best young midfielder we have, he also isn't that fit but he's a footballer who know the game and not just an athlete.

Not that I think it would have mattered today, we were outclassed, but how exactly does the AFL justify our draw...I mean, we played a team off an 8 day break in the early game after playing Tuesday? In the festival of footy we have had a longer break against our opponent only once, and that was 1 day. That team (Collingwood) also got a night game...so no 5am wake up for them. I know the AFL is about as corrupt as they come, but surely the club should speak up on this...

Not that I think it would have mattered today, we were outclassed, but how exactly does the AFL justify our draw...I mean, we played a team off an 8 day break in the early game after playing Tuesday? In the festival of footy we have had a longer break against our opponent only once, and that was 1 day. That team (Collingwood) also got a night game...so no 5am wake up for them. I know the AFL is about as corrupt as they come, but surely the club should speak up on this...
AFL trying to get us done as quickly as possible.

They are trying to get through the season no matter how unfair it is because it will cost them 100 of million if they don't so the team lower on the ladder will always get the rough end of the fixture.

And Modra had to earn his spot in the side and was dropped for poor form, even later in his career. Tex is a charity case. Modra deserves to keep the record.
My original post was probably over the top and borne of frustration with another low-key effort from Walker but some of the crap directed at Mods in the replies makes it sound like he was a 19 year old millennial who spent his entire career sulking, and not a world class full-forward who copped more physical attention in one week than Tex goes through in a year.

Some of the hits Modra wore in his career (Worsfold's front on spoil at Subiaco) would have seen players suspended for multiple weeks today. There's a reason that he kicked 70+ goals in every season he played more than 20 games in his career and it's not because he was a sulky brat who got on the cans and went surfing every week.

Modra had bad games and was dropped. His last bad game for us was the game referenced in response to my post earlier, against Melbourne in a final at the MCG. He was then dropped and ultimately traded after 5 kicks, 4 handballs and 2 marks returning 1 goal and 2 behinds.

Today Walker had 5 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark and 1.0 - objectively and subjectively a worse performance than the game that Modra was dropped for and ultimately never played again. On that basis alone he should be dropped for the Geelong game, but he won't be, because he is on a free ride to 200 games.

Modra kicked his 440 goals from just 118 games with the AFC. Tex is limping towards the record on a steep decline and long ago passed the point where he deserved his place in the side - particularly if people want to judge him by the same standards as the bloke who's record he's about to crawl past.

Yep. His last game because he stopped trying and sooked.
Are you old enough to even remember it? Modra had done his knee 8 games beforehand in the prelim, getting us to the Grand Final, and was nowhere near his best. He could barely jump and was clearly still dealing with the demons of the injury in his last final at the same ground. He could have done more but had far more to deal with than you are crediting him.

Saying he 'sooked' is disingenuous claptrap and you are likely one of those people who thought we were a better side with Hodges up forward instead of Mods.

Are you old enough to even remember it? Modra had done his knee 8 games beforehand in the prelim, getting us to the Grand Final, and was nowhere near his best. He could barely jump and was clearly still dealing with the demons of the injury in his last final at the same ground.

Saying he 'sooked' is disingenuous claptrap and you are likely one of those people who thought we were a better side with Hodges up forward instead of Mods.
Would have been better off with Hodges on the field in 93 after half time. Bloody Cornesy.

I thought he was badly treated by Blight, but he didn't always put in 100%. Still one of my favourite players though.

My original post was probably over the top and borne of frustration with another low-key effort from Walker but some of the crap directed at Mods in the replies makes it sound like he was a 19 year old millennial who spent his entire career sulking, and not a world class full-forward who copped more physical attention in one week than Tex goes through in a year.

Some of the hits Modra wore in his career (Worsfold's front on spoil at Subiaco) would have seen players suspended for multiple weeks today. There's a reason that he kicked 70+ goals in every season he played more than 20 games in his career and it's not because he was a sulky brat who got on the cans and went surfing every week.

Modra had bad games and was dropped. His last bad game for us was the game referenced in response to my post earlier, against Melbourne in a final at the MCG. He was then dropped and ultimately traded after 5 kicks, 4 handballs and 2 marks returning 1 goal and 2 behinds.

Today Walker had 5 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark and 1.0 - objectively and subjectively a worse performance than the game that Modra was dropped for and ultimately never played again. On that basis alone he should be dropped for the Geelong game, but he won't be, because he is on a free ride to 200 games.

Modra kicked his 440 goals from just 118 games with the AFC. Tex is limping towards the record on a steep decline and long ago passed the point where he deserved his place in the side - particularly if people want to judge him by the same standards as the bloke who's record he's about to crawl past.
Club is getting tex to 200 and then they will retire him i hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been better off with Hodges on the field in 93 after half time. Bloody Cornesy.

I thought he was badly treated by Blight, but he didn't always put in 100%. Still one of my favourite players though.
93 was bloody andrew jarmans fault. 10 metres out and misses the goal on half time. We gave them hope. Most disappointing day ever as a crows supporter.

That is totally unacceptable when the quarters are 20% shorter in this season.
No doubt, though most quarters went well over 25 minutes. 🤷‍♀️ Our fitness guys have to go. Our players need to start their pre season NOW. They are miles behind where other teams are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back