Game Day Rd 12: Crows vs Dogs (@Metricon 12:35pm)

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Hopefully a strong finish means the selectors feel justified...
1597564077475.gif

Kane McGoodwin - this is what I'm taking about.

He's lost his intensity and tackling, and his poor disposal is getting worse
Lol, ridiculous to suggest our captain Sloane should not have played today.

Don't consider becoming a lawyer if you think 1 poor bit of play is comprehensive evidence.

Correct ROB last 3 weeks have been 1st class, mind you Tim English is not a Ruckman's bootlace but he proved against Gawn and Grundy he's more than competitive with the "big boys".
Easily our best tall.

Just wish our midfield could improve connection with him so we could make something more of his dominance.

I thought Schoenberg showed plenty today.... Bailey Smith is going to be an absolute star of the competition and the most damaging midfielder we've seen for years. 811 metres gained is unbelievable for a player that wins a lot of his ball in congestion
Mrouch should watch Schoenberg handball to advantage. Has great poise & vision. Looked like he belonged v Smith who is a gun.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Can someone tell me what role (if any) Mark Riccuito has in match day, selection or recruitment?

Overseas the the whole football department and best mates with a Senior player. He had a huge say. The Coach and List Manager are also in their respective positions because Roo rates them.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kane McGoodwin - this is what I'm taking about.

He's lost his intensity and tackling, and his poor disposal is getting worse
7 touches and 2 tackles in 3 quarters, when the game is on the line...that's not leadership.

In the 3rd quarter, he had 1 handball and gave away 1 free...really stood up there for us.

The blow torch needs to be on him, and I'm not expecting to see him front the media this week either.

Nice guy, not a great leader.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Overseas the the whole football department and best mates with a Senior player. He had a huge say. The Coach and List Manager are also in their respective positions because Roo rates them.
Well if Roos is one the selection committee, it would be even worse if he didn't rate them and gave them a job.

7 touches and 2 tackles in 3 quarters, when the game is on the line...that's not leadership.

In the 3rd quarter, he had 1 handball and gave away 1 free...really stood up there for us.

The blow torch needs to be on him, and I'm not expecting to see him front the media this week either.

Nice guy, not a great leader.
You realise it's his 1st game in a month with limited training.

Ridiculous to suggest our captain shouldn't come back in.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Easily our best tall.

Just wish our midfield could improve connection with him so we could make something more of his dominance.
Godden, Clarke...hmm.

ROB's a smart guy, so either the coaches aren't speaking clearly or the instruction is wrong.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
You realise it's his 1st game in a month with limited training.

Ridiculous to suggest our captain shouldn't come back in.
Limited training? He has a thumb injury., nothing wrong with his legs.

If he's not fit, don't put your hand up. Team first.

5 touches in the 1st half v Freo too, which was his last game. The game was done by then.

Godden, Clarke...hmm.

ROB's a smart guy, so either the coaches aren't speaking clearly or the instruction is wrong.
ROB needs to be more aware of where our midfield are positioned so we get some benefit from his taps.

Limited training? He has a thumb injury., nothing wrong with his legs.

If he's not fit, don't put your hand up. Team first.

5 touches in the 1st half v Freo too, which was his last game. The game was done by then.
Match fitness is different & you know that damn well.

It's not like we can bring him back via the reserves.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
ROB needs to be more aware of where our midfield are positioned so we get some benefit from his taps.
Agree there is a complete lack of cohesion in there.

Having played ruck, once you look up to hit the ball, you are completely reliant on voice and a set play.

I watch them practice before games and they always go for a tap straight down to ROB's feet to a player standing sti.

It's no wonder that player is under pressure and often fumbles

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes. Terrible coaching particularly when Sloane clearly not up to it
Nicks has to learn from this and North games. Easily the worst. Both when backed in the old guard. How you don't have Laird at every centre clearance after he was the one with easily best clearance game and best connection with ROB of the season I don't know.

Back