Autopsy Rd 12 Mighty Blues upset the Giants by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness mid game is not a time for players to be praising the opposition - not a fan of interviewing players during games. Having watched it a second time, his comments were fine.

Exactly this. The players don't actually ask to be interviewed at half-time; TV viewers really do get remarkable access. I can only imagine what it must be like, trying to get off the field when you're knackered (and/or injured, as Davis was), looking up and seeing David King or some other windbag has-been bee-lining you with a microphone, and knowing you can't escape. Have to talk to him, be polite, when you'd probably rather just lamp him...

Small wonder so many players retreat behind the wall of harmless platitudes; good on Davis for departing from the script and using a bit of affirmative language. Plus, he was 100% correct. He knew what needed to happen, and if they'd done it, they'd have won; hell, they nearly won anyway. I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he said.

Pretty sure it was Dwayne calling "and Thomas takes a mark inside 50..... rather that's Casboult". They couldn't be anymore different players, how hard is it?

Just heard another classic from Derwayne, when CC got whacked by Mumfords surprise shoulder. His call was 'not Charlie's finest moment going up against big mummy there'. Seriously?

Just heard another classic from Derwayne, when CC got whacked by Mumfords surprise shoulder. His call was 'not Charlie's finest moment going up against big mummy there'. Seriously?
Not his finest game in the commentary box either. Fair effort considering he sets the bar so low.

Funny how that Thy bloke is an awesome poster, all witty and jovial - until he holds up a mirror and shows us how silly and hypocritical we all are etc

:D
Must have missed that post, which thread was it in???

Fair point though ...

Yeah, few people look great getting blindsided out of play.

Hardly like Mumford hit him fair and clean, Charlie had just thrown back the pill to the free-kick taker and Mumford ironed him out.

Hardly like Mumford hit him fair and clean, Charlie had just thrown back the pill to the free-kick taker and Mumford ironed him out.
Mumford does like to flout the rules. While he gets away with it, where is the incentive to change his game?

It just looked like Charlie ran into Mumford because he wasn't looking where he was going.

Anyone else notice us really slow the game down and look for boundary throw-ins and ball ups in the middle part of the 3rd quarter?

I reckon that was a deliberate tactic to give our player a bit of a rest, seeing as we've been run off our legs in the 4th quarter a lot this year with so many youngsters. Clever tactic if true to cover a current weakness.

There was a period of about 5 minutes where the ball was locked in GWS' forward 50 and Kreuz kept tapping it straight to ground in tight which led to continuous ball ups. I also noticed in this period the few times we did go I50, we went wide and to the boundary which invariably ended up in a boundary throw in.

funny how the footy media are all scum and we don't give a s**t about their opinion cause what would they know anyway - until they say something positive about us and it's all 'mentioned this, big props to Bolts, talked up the kids" etc.
Can't say I ever really connect with the whole 'media hates Carlton' shtick. They're certainly biased against our collective intelligence though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just coming to terms with that fact that we won this.

Un*******real.
Wait till we're winning flags again. You'll go full Poland.

No doubt about the afl pushing through the directive that the commentators have to make the gws sexy and partisan.. up against the villains like Alex
The afl as a brand is in a world of trouble

Anyone else notice us really slow the game down and look for boundary throw-ins and ball ups in the middle part of the 3rd quarter?

I reckon that was a deliberate tactic to give our player a bit of a rest, seeing as we've been run off our legs in the 4th quarter a lot this year with so many youngsters. Clever tactic if true to cover a current weakness.

There was a period of about 5 minutes where the ball was locked in GWS' forward 50 and Kreuz kept tapping it straight to ground in tight which led to continuous ball ups. I also noticed in this period the few times we did go I50, we went wide and to the boundary which invariably ended up in a boundary throw in.

This is what every team has done for the past 5-10 years. They want to lock the ball inside their 50. best way to do that is to go deep and to the pocket to get a throw in and then do their setups (unless there is a good lead you can hit up)

Just watching Wookie's vids in the other thread and loved on AFL 360 how they said Simmo went home and watched the game and it gave him chills. Wonder how often players go home and watch the game, outside of doing analysis and breakdowns? Not much I would imagine.
Also, check out big Sav on the sidelines after we won! He loved it.

It can't have just been me to notice how quickly both Stevie J and Greene moved towards the rooms at the end of the game.

Not sure they shook anyone's hand after the siren, but they almost broke into a sprint to get away from it all. Meanwhile the rest of their team mates spent plenty of time congratulating their opponents.

Would have loved someone to have taken a picture of it, because it would tell you plenty about those two flogs. Very chatty all game but really they're just unsportsmanlike flogs who set a terrible example.

After the final siren, Stevie j was wrestling with, I think it was Plowman, while the boys were trying to celebrate. Seriously, who does that sort of crap. He is such an arrogant twit who must read his own press.

After the final siren, Stevie j was wrestling with, I think it was Plowman, while the boys were trying to celebrate. Seriously, who does that sort of crap. He is such an arrogant twit who must read his own press.

I think it was Marchbank, but who knows how that all got started.
Maybe Marchbank gave SJ a piece of his mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back