Autopsy Rd 12 Newnes wins the game for Carlton after the siren!

Who did enough to hold their place in the side next week, barring injury?

• 3. Marc Murphy

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • 6. Kade Simpson

Votes: 67 36.8%
  • 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 98 53.8%
  • 12. Tom De Koning

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • 14. Liam Jones

Votes: 85 46.7%
  • 15. Sam Docherty

Votes: 90 49.5%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 149 81.9%
  • 19. Eddie Betts

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • 20. Lachie Plowman

Votes: 108 59.3%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 105 57.7%
  • 25. Zac Fisher

Votes: 86 47.3%
  • 31. Tom Williamson

Votes: 120 65.9%
  • 32. Jack Newnes

Votes: 131 72.0%
  • 35. Ed Curnow

Votes: 139 76.4%
  • 36. Josh Honey

Votes: 49 26.9%
  • 40. Michael Gibbons

Votes: 54 29.7%
  • 41. Levi Casboult

Votes: 101 55.5%
  • 43. Will Setterfield

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • 46. Matthew Cottrell

Votes: 101 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Any reason you listed all of the All Australians Jacob Weitering will have by the end of his career?

Last edited:

Just let wanted to post this here, as me and my partner are in raptures right now (her side Carlton and obviously my second side) - you may have just witnessed divine intervention, haha.

My grandmother unfortunately passed away today, from this f*cking horrible covid 19 disease. It's been a tough day as we were close, but footy has been a great comfort all throughout.

Point of this post, is that with about 10 minutes to go, I looked up the sky and asked my nana if she could help us over the line. 10 seconds to go and Docherty kicks it out on the full. Me and my partner both think it's over and we commiserate.

Nek minnit, a down the field free kick is paid, and no-one really knows what it's for. Moreso, Newness who is an experienced player takes the kick, and Gibbons who is young doesn't.

Newnes kicks the goal, and the rest is history.

For the record, I'm an agnostic, but I do believe there's things we don't understand. I said thank you to my nana, and it kinda brings me a bit of joy to see something so bizarre/unusual unfold.

Go Blues!

Thanks for the story, truly sorry for your loss.

Nice not to be on the receiving end of one of those for a change. I always thought the Betts move was more feel good than value to our team and nothing Ive seen for a couple of months has changed my mind.
Perceived pressure...

Is as good without the ball as he is with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just let wanted to post this here, as me and my partner are in raptures right now (her side Carlton and obviously my second side) - you may have just witnessed divine intervention, haha.

My grandmother unfortunately passed away today, from this f*cking horrible covid 19 disease. It's been a tough day as we were close, but footy has been a great comfort all throughout.

Point of this post, is that with about 10 minutes to go, I looked up the sky and asked my nana if she could help us over the line. 10 seconds to go and Docherty kicks it out on the full. Me and my partner both think it's over and we commiserate.

Nek minnit, a down the field free kick is paid, and no-one really knows what it's for. Moreso, Newness who is an experienced player takes the kick, and Gibbons who is young doesn't.

Newnes kicks the goal, and the rest is history.

For the record, I'm an agnostic, but I do believe there's things we don't understand. I said thank you to my nana, and it kinda brings me a bit of joy to see something so bizarre/unusual unfold.

Go Blues!
Commiserations to you and your partner.

Let’s be honest we should have had this game won well before Newnes. Kudos to him on that kick though it was immense.

Not for the first time, we are very poor when the game is on the line or the heat turned up by the opposition. Even senior players rush their decisions which puts us at a disadvantage in forward momentum. It’s cost us games and it almost did again tonight. Execution under pressure has got to be one of the things Teague works on. It probably would have given us 3 more wins this season.

Perhaps not a bad problem to have.How much straighter do we look with McKay out there providing a second excellent marking contest? TDK time to step up son - rest of his work is very good for someone asked to ruck all day long.

enjoy the win fellow baggers
Let’s hope we can snag next week too

What. The. *. Just. Happened?!

As soon as I saw the ball go out of bounds off Doc's boot, I flipped my s**t and turned the TV off.

Laying in bed, still angry, phone vibrates...alert from AFL app "Newnes goal after the siren sinks Freo".

Someone's having a ******* lend. What sick * thinks this is funny.

Load the video. Watch the video. Rewind. Watch it again.

Yeeeeeeeeees Neeeeeeeeeeeeewnes!!!!!!!!

Best footage is of Fish and Hazza behind the goal.The look on their faces when it goes thru..
Then they rush toward Newnes.
Just after that, the Freo defender goes off at someone in a filthy mood.
Classic footage.

Don’t think the Freo player was going off at anyone. I took it as him asking his teammate why we had the kick in the first place. I’m no lip reader though.

What. The. fu**. Just. Happened?!

As soon as I saw the ball go out of bounds off Doc's boot, I flipped my sh*t and turned the TV off.

Laying in bed, still angry, phone vibrates...alert from AFL app "Newnes goal after the siren sinks Freo".

Someone's having a ******* lend. What sick fu** thinks this is funny.

Load the video. Watch the video. Rewind. Watch it again.

Yeeeeeeeeees Neeeeeeeeeeeeewnes!!!!!!!!

From extreme despair to joy in 20 seconds, another day in the life of a Carlton fan.

Back