Preview Rd 12 Roos v * - Sun June 4th 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Why bring Corr in? Unless it's to replace McKay who is out form, but McKay hasn't been omitted. Seems strange, particularly as they didn't bring in Wright.
They have weideman Langford stringer forward and then a resting ruck of Phillips or Bryan who rotate with draper

Corr-resting ruck
Logue-langford
McKay - weideman
Ziebell - stringer

Much better off with corr than having hall or Howe in

l'm going with these as our IC with Howe being sub.
IC
[4] Aidan Corr,[15] (S)Daniel Howe,[26] Tarryn Thomas,[43] Will Phillips,[24] Tom Powell,

Hope Paul Curtis can find form quickly again. Last time he was dropped he kicked them for fun in the VFL.

Shiels and Tucker coming back into the 22 is no shock. Shiels offers so much more and Tucker deserved the recall. Plus against * we need good runners.
Between them 2, Scott, Jy we now have footballers that can go hard defensively when needed.

Final bench for me will be Thomas, Phillips, Hall maybe Powell. Howe did okay as Sub 2 weeks ago so start him there. Spicer trained with the main side today though so who knows.

Don’t want Corr anywhere near the 22 and Taylor is a pisstake. Spicer should be dropped if we’re holding him to same standards as Lazzaro.

Last edited:
We can win this game unless if our imbeciles in defence decide to play kick to kick with the essington forwards

Hope Paul Curtis can find form quickly again. Last time he was dropped he kicked them for fun in the VFL.

Shiels and Tucker coming back into the 22 is no shock. Shiels offers so much more and Tucker deserved the recall. Plus against * we need good runners.
Between them 2, Scott, Jy we now have footballers that can go hard defensively when needed.

Final bench for me will be Thomas, Phillips, Powell and Hall.
Howe Sub.

Don’t want Corr anywhere near the 22 and Taylor is a pisstake. Spicer should be dropped tomorrow.
I’ll be interested to see whether Ford’s wing time is cut by Shiel coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be interested to see whether Ford’s wing time is cut by Shiel coming in.
Shiels got a lot of it against Port but then Fordy got a bit more wing time against Sydney. Hopefully we don’t f*** with it.

The way I see it Scott and Ford start and Shiels and Tucker start on the bench as back up.

For once let’s run * into the ground and make them chase us, not the other way round.

I think it was against Sydney.
The way I see it Scott and Ford start and Shiels and Tucker start on the bench.

For once let’s run * into the ground and make them chase us, not the other way round.
Our losing streak is very much a reflection of being beaten by run on the outside; better protection by a hard working winger on the outside flank will (should) make a power of difference

Our losing streak is very much a reflection of being beaten by run on the outside; better protection by a hard working winger on the outside flank will (should) make a power of difference
And we have 4 options. I’d very much like to see Zurhaar roaming up and down half-forward into the midfield to provide the extra body.

Even though we’re outsiders we’re only missing LDU from our best 22 and this is our best chance on paper to muster a win.

Shiels got a lot of it against Port but then Fordy got a bit more wing time against Sydney. Hopefully we don’t f*** with it.

The way I see it Scott and Ford start and Shiels and Tucker start on the bench as back up.

I am hoping Tucker takes Hall or Howe’s back half role.

Logue, McKay, Ziebell, Corr is just not going to work. Logue is the most mobile.
Correct, those 4 can't play together.
If Corr has to come in (and I don't see the burning need for him), then I'd be dropping McKay based on poor recent form.

I am hoping Tucker takes Hall or Howe’s back half role.
Reckon TT might take up that spot.
TT played predominantly in the guts in the VFL and Tucker on the wing.

They may ease TT into it but I’d let him go find the footy at half back.

So...no Turner?

giphy.gif

Many probably think its sacrilege, but I'd love there to be a quarter where we have the Sheeze and TT playing off duelling half-backs.

Nuthin' but laser like ball movement on the rebound from both sides of the ground.
I don't think movement from half back is something we're particularly wanting for. What we really need is good movement into the forward line.

Well I can tell you that he basically jogs laps at training, takes no part in the drills, plays a little match sim in the ‘B’ team then does some gentle goal kicking. And he pretty much plays that way.

Something is not right there.
He surely wouldn't be alone. You don't get to be as s**t as our side is currently if you're doing the appropriate work off-field. I dare say that quite a lot of our blokes aren't hitting the levels of effort that players on better teams would be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back