Preview Rd 12: Sydney Swans vs St Kilda, Saturday June 5 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand unlucky (joining the chorus a bit).

Other changes justifiable. Hickey needs backup, worth giving Amartey another go based on reasonable ressies form.

Will die on the hill of it being too early to make a call on Stephens (I think he'll be great), but hopefully gets some confidence back in reserves and earns a sustained run.

Stephens or Bell to play first half of the VFL, then put on the sub vest. Sincs the same in case there's a late tall out.

Last edited:
Amartey can't perform worse than his debut so tahts a plus

The intercept mark he took was outstanding work rate and athleticism. Unfortunately the turnover kick he followed it with was somewhat emblematic of his Jekyll and Hyde performances for us to date. If he can decrease the disparity between his best moments and his worst moments, he could be a player in the future. Big if though.

Personally I would have played Stephens 2 more games until the bye and evaluate him then but understandable considering the depth of the list really. Blakey got to play in 2019-20 (even then he was dropped in 2020) as the depth of the list wasn't as great back then. And with 1 facepalm worthy performance he got dropped. Heck even Logan got dropped after 1 game in a 2 point loss. Guess the match committee have higher standards this year with the depth we have.

Amartey can't perform worse than his debut so tahts a plus
He was injured in that match. He was making a contest and hitting the ball hard. It was a tough initiation in his first game being the main tall focus forward. He was always double teamed.

I have seen the guy play NEAFL & VFL and he can play. In the first few games this season he kicked 3 goals in each. He was soaring. Then we made him an emergency in Perth and the reserves had only Mcdonald as focus up forward. In the second half Casey stuck two-three blokes on Mcdonald and that was it. No forward line.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the INs. A bit worried about their forward height. But I look forward to seeing Amartey & Mcdonald work with Buddy. They work really well together in the reserves.

It will be most interesting to see if Amartey can take the huge pack marks he has been taking at VFL level.

I like the INs. A bit worried about their forward height. But I look forward to seeing Amartey & Mcdonald work with Buddy. They work really well together in the reserves.

It will be most interesting to see if Amartey can take the huge pack marks he has been taking at VFL level.

For a tall bloke McDonald moves very well to be fair

It would be great to see Amartey have a breakout game. He seems to drift in and out of games. Not sure why. Maybe Buddy’s (and Pap‘s) passion will rub off on him ...

Brand unlucky (joining the chorus a bit).

Other changes justifiable. Hickey needs backup, worth giving Amartey another go based on reasonable ressies form.

Will die on the hill of it being too early to make a call on Stephens (I think he'll be great), but hopefully gets some confidence back in reserves and earns a sustained run.

Stephens or Bell to play first half of the VFL, then put on the sub vest. Sincs the same in case there's a late tall out.
Bell should never play , should be part of a deal in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno what more he has to do. I'd be very frustrated if I was him. I don't think this will have a huge effect on the side but just thinking from his perspective it must be very annoying.
He should go and ask Harry Marsh for advice. See if he can add a 2nd dimension into his game first. Winning the match up against the opponent's 5th best forward doesn't guarantee selection, especially when Fox is 10 times the player Home Brand is.

Home Brand did ok as a 1 v 1 defender, but it's not enough, you need more to your game to be in the best 22 in a successful team.

If it was upto this board we'd have Brand, Stephens, naismith and Hewett never missing game because they're 'tryers' and 'give their all', they 'might not dominate' but 'its ok they do enough' and if you say otherwise then 'you're a prick'.

Out you go Mr Home Brand. Thankfully it's our coaching staff who make the selections. Very happy with selection this week.

He should go and ask Harry Marsh for advice. See if he can add a 2nd dimension into his game first. Winning the match up against the opponent's 5th best forward doesn't guarantee selection, especially when Fox is 10 times the player Home Brand is.

Home Brand did ok as a 1 v 1 defender, but it's not enough, you need more to your game to be in the best 22 in a successful team.

If it was upto this board we'd have Brand, Stephens and Hewett never missing game because they're 'tryers' and 'give their all', they 'might not dominate' but 'its ok they do enough' and if you say otherwise then 'you're a prick'.

Out you go Mr Home Brand. Thankfully it's our coaching staff who make the selections. Very happy with selection this week.

The coaching staff who have picked the "tryer" Hewett every week he's been available since debut?

I think even you can see that he's slowly being pushed out of the side. Hence why he's playing out of position.

If they wanted to push him out of the side they would push him out of the side. That they're playing him in different roles he's not suited to shows how much they want to keep him IN the side.

If they wanted to push him out of the side they would push him out of the side. That they're playing him in different roles he's not suited to shows how much they want to keep him IN the side.
If they rated him as high as you say, then he would be cemented into the midfield.

I just find it funny how some very talented players cop absolute pastings yet the same people seem to claim ownership of the randomest bang average player and literally create a cult making hem untouchable.

If they didn’t want him in the side they wouldn’t pick him. Amazingly you don’t slowly push someone out in the hope they get the idea. This isn’t the under 12’s.
He's in the best 22 for now. Not too hard to fathom. The second we unearth another defender and midfielder, he's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back