Autopsy Rd 12 vs North Melbourne - Game Discussion and changes for Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

The stig stated he had a new role in the box. Someone is wrong..............
Was on the bench Sunday night and reportedly gave Griffiths a jumper punch before he went on the ground.

I think we need to realise that Morris isn't going to get rested or go for surgery just yet. he has had the injury for ages and still hasn't missed games so lets just forget this. He would also feel he is letting down the rest of the group doing so, rightly or wrongly imo.
I know for a fact he won't go out until the end of the season as he is booked for surgery in October and I also know for a fact that he is really struggling at times during the week to get up for games. Just once I'd like to club to do the right thing when our season is shot and send a player that needs a long layoff from surgery in early to get it done rather than waiting until after the season is finished. He and the side gain nothing by having him out there and his spot could go to a kid like Helbig to see what he can do with a run of games.

I know for a fact he won't go out until the end of the season as he is booked for surgery in October and I also know for a fact that he is really struggling at times during the week to get up for games. Just once I'd like to club to do the right thing when our season is shot and send a player that needs a long layoff from surgery in early to get it done rather than waiting until after the season is finished. He and the side gain nothing by having him out there and his spot could go to a kid like Helbig to see what he can do with a run of games.
Sure but what if the players says no, Im not getting surgery now. Do they make him? I don't think so.

In: First half v Nth, 2nd half v Doggies.
Out: First half v Doggies, 2nd half v North

Now the season has definitely slipped us by...Agree with posters calling on Todd Elton to come in...bring him in and leave him there for at least 4 games then assess. 4 weeks at senior level will help with his development
Look at Dea-( and even Batch last week) really liked Dea so far and Batch's attitude and want them to remain in the team. Reckon Dea reads the play well, has agility and speed and seems to have overcome his injury
Arnot has been steady in the 2s- is hard at it and doesn't shirk the contest Worth giving biscuits a 3-4 week stint in the seniors - this will greatly assist with his development
Darrou is another ( unless he is inured?) OHanlon and Helbig should be given the opportunity as well

Do we have any players with pace in the 2s worth considering?
Small Crumbling forwards?

Outs- players that have injury niggles eg Morris and Cotch ( needs a rest) Lids and maybe Axel
If Maric needs a chop out get Orren in for that purpose- prefer Orren to Hampson. Tyrone and Thomas out as well

Time to look forward and speed up the development of our younger players - there is a gaping difference between our top 3-4 and the mid range players

Last edited:
Given the suspensions and current injury list I'm going with:
Out: Vickery Thomas(both susp) Lennon(rest) Morris(inj)
In: Elton Helbig O'Hanlon Arnot

B: Dea Chaplin Batchelor
HB: Petterd Rance Houli
C: Ellis Vlastuin O'Hanlon
HF: Martin Griffiths Deledio
F: S.Edwards Riewoldt Elton
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Foley Arnot Helbig
SUB: McDonough

That is what I'd like to see, but I'm tipping we go with
Out: Thomas Vickery Lennon
In: Hampson Grigg Conca

B: Morris Chaplin Batchelor
HB: Petterd Rance Houli
C: Ellis Vlastuin Conca
HF: Deledio Griffiths Martin
F: S.Edwards Riewoldt Maric
R: Hampson Cotchin Miles
INT: McDonough Dea Grigg
SUB: Foley

Really hope the Tigs go with the first team you posted but as you said, most likely they wont...
I think Richmond needs to let go of the three-tall attack.. I posted earlier that we are 16th in the AFL for loose ball gets inside our 50...
I would like to see Petterd or even Deledio as you have on the HFF playing that third marking option, especially when Deledio seems to be tagged out of games I would have him as a lead up forward.

Updated Injury List:
Reece Conca (Groin) Test
Dylan Grimes (Toe) Test
Daniel Jackson (Hip flexor) Test
Liam McBean (Finger) Test
Chris Newman (Calf) Test
Shaun Grigg (Hamstring) 2-4 weeks
Jake King (Foot) 3-5 weeks
David Astbury (Knee) TBC
Chris Knights (Knee) TBC

Sure but what if the players says no, Im not getting surgery now. Do they make him? I don't think so.
If the player has an injury the club don't have to play them, but when they think they can get them through while the season is alive and well they'll do just that. With our season effectively over we should start sending anyone who needs long term recovery off. Then as the season progresses send of those with a shorter recovery time. Hopefully that would mean that by time preseason starts everyone is up and running and we're not having guys trying to catch up a month out from the season starting.

What is with people's obsession with Aaron Edwards? I know he sets up our forward line differently as he can play as a lead up target but I would much rather give someone like Brett O'Hanlon a go at the role. Edwards didn't have an impact at all when he played in the seniors against Geelong. He is also 30 years old. At season ends he should either retire or be delisted. He is not going to take the club forward. O'Hanlon on the hand is very much an unknown player and we need to see what he can produce with a number of games at senior level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some norf peanut has uploaded the 2nd half of KBTV only on YouTube. Gee that holding call against Houli when Harvey kicked the goal that started their run was a joke. they were both holding onto eachother and ump pings Houli

and now he'll tear us a new one

Hopefully Morris rips his head off (literally) but pulls up sore from the effort having yanked his shoulder out again and we put him in for surgery to get him right for next year. Newy can play some farewell games for the rest of the season as a small back.

Oh and with an undersized Docker defence, Hampson kicks 5 and we win by 11 points. Hampson gets busted for drug use the next day and we have the points stripped off us. Hampson kicked out of the club.

Winning!!!

If the player has an injury the club don't have to play them, but when they think they can get them through while the season is alive and well they'll do just that. With our season effectively over we should start sending anyone who needs long term recovery off. Then as the season progresses send of those with a shorter recovery time. Hopefully that would mean that by time preseason starts everyone is up and running and we're not having guys trying to catch up a month out from the season starting.
No doubt but I was just putting up an argument that Morris wouldn't like to go and have a rest and may seem like he is abandoning his team mates.

Hopefully Morris rips his head off (literally) but pulls up sore from the effort having yanked his shoulder out again and we put him in for surgery to get him right for next year. Newy can play some farewell games for the rest of the season as a small back.

Oh and with an undersized Docker defence, Hampson kicks 5 and we win by 11 points. Hampson gets busted for drug use the next day and we have the points stripped off us. Hampson kicked out of the club.

Winning!!!

Morris can't play on small forwards anymore, he is next to useless with one arm

Do we have any players with pace in the 2s worth considering?
Small Crumbling forwards?
Apart from Banfield, I can't see that we have a genuine small, pacy crumbing forward on the list. When watching the atrocious method we utilise in delivering the ball to our forward line, it beggars belief that we don't have someone in our 22 who may be able to capitalise on a loose ball in our forward 50!

Oh, and you mentioned Darrou... I'd be keen to get a look at him (along with Banfield - based purely on player type/need), however both would require upgrading the main list before it's a possibility.

I know Conca had a stinker vs Essendon but surely he comes back in if fit?

I really hope you guys do well this week. I've posted in here a few times about how a strong Richmond is great for the AFL and for supporters alike. Last year was one of my favourite years mainly due to how competitive you guys were and then Tiger Army roaring and thst song being sung is one of the greatest things in Footy. Always found Richmond supporters really good footy people, and as loyal people as you can find.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back