Preview Rd 13, 2018: Hawthorn v Adelaide, 16 June 2018, 7.25pm @ MCG, featuring Shaun Burgoyne's 350th match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Duryea played as the small defensive forward (at least he may kick a goal) and have JOR or Lovell off the HBF (with rotations through the middle).

Langford has had enough chances for mine and made zero impact on all occasions. I don't want to be nasty, he is just out of form and confidence. It's time to give someone else a chance (on similar or greater output at the lower level).

Langers hasn't played great footy this year. That's obvious. What is also obvious is that our small forward depth is pretty bad/inexperienced.

I would prefer Worpel or WhiteX in the role but I guess there's a reason I'm not an AFL coach.

Hopefully Ollie/Lovell/Worpel can show more in the role at Box Hill as the year goes on and force the selectors to pick them.

Langers hasn't played great footy this year. That's obvious. What is also obvious is that our small forward depth is pretty bad/inexperienced.

I would prefer Worpel or WhiteX in the role but I guess there's a reason I'm not an AFL coach.

Hopefully Ollie/Lovell/Worpel can show more in the role at Box Hill as the year goes on and force the selectors to pick them.
I love what a great clubman White X has been but I don't see him playing another AFL game.

Does anyone think that this weeks selection could indicate a change of tactic? ie we're not going to just go with the long kick down the line bail out. We've had two weeks to work on something since our last game. I'd be happy if this was the case.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was pretty ordinary in 2015 and got a 4 year deal.
Averaged more kicks, handballs, marks, clearances, contested possessions and goals than in 2014 which was considered his "good" year.

Think supporters are just miffed he didn't become elite, which was the way he was trending after a special 2014 final series.

Averaged more kicks, handballs, marks, clearances, contested possessions and goals than in 2014 which was considered his "good" year.

Think supporters are just miffed he didn't become elite, which was the way he was trending after a special 2014 final series.
People grossly overrate his 2014 season over a couple of good games late in the year.

He wasn't a player that would have been poached imo 4 years was 2 years too long.

People grossly overrate his 2014 season over a couple of good games late in the year.

He wasn't a player that would have been poached imo 4 years was 2 years too long.
4x years may have meant paying him $250k whereas he'd maybe want $320k at 2x years.

At the time he was about 21-22yrs old (only 25 now) so locking him in on a lower rate would've made perfect sense.

Weirdly enough there were a number of big cluctch goal moments. It has been his inability for to kick goals which has surprised me this and last year

I thought that the small forward role would be great for him

Again though, you don't know the $$$ involved. It might have been a good deal for the Club.

Even if it was only a 2 year deal, he wouldn't have been delisted at the end of 2016 or 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope we can find a way to kick more than 10 goals, need to move the footy a lot quicker than we have been.

Exactly HR:thumbsu: as soon as we slow the ball movement, we head down the line which then leads to less confident ball movement and going into our shells.

I reckon Clarko will have us primed for Silks 350th and we will be victorious...

Clarko presser:
Gee, We can forget about Birch for a while. He’s now Indefinite!!!

Also, none the wiser about Cyril coming back or not.

Hopefully that “structure” involves Gunston playing as a permanent forward.

I hope too as well. I prefer to have Gunner roaming the forward line and kick much needed goals.
I see they officially named him on the wing which I think odd, rather JOM or Hendo do that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back