Preview Rd 13 2020 22/08 Richmond v Essendon. Dreamtime in Dawin TIO Stadium 7:40pm - Regression Analysis, International Relations and the Human Condition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kidding yourself, stack would've been a straight swap for houli if this wasn't a dreamtime game.
Who put you on the selection committee? You have NFI. Stack wouldn't be omitted for Houli because they play different roles. Markov played well last week and it's good he's getting a game but make no mistake if this was a more formidable opponent Markov would have been omitted.
Now you have openly said that stack will be horrific tomorrow night. Let's wait and see

This suggests that he should automatically play indigenous round? Because he is indigenous?
Of course not. It just doesn't make sense to drop him for Dreamtime. He's not playing as badly as many seem to think. His role is way more difficult then fringe players like markov which is possibly why he's been assigned the task of midfielder to see if he can cut it on the inside.
I'm not saying he's been great but give him a chance.

Of course not. It just doesn't make sense to drop him for Dreamtime. He's not playing as badly as many seem to think. His role is way more difficult then fringe players like markov which is possibly why he's been assigned the task of midfielder to see if he can cut it on the inside.
I'm not saying he's been great but give him a chance.

I am just saying it is hypocritical. Ross has 1 poor game in a position foreign to him (flanker) and gets dropped. Stack playing in a role that he played all through his junior football has several poor games and gets a pass.

The hypocrisy is real.

I am just saying it is hypocritical. Ross has 1 poor game in a position foreign to him (flanker) and gets dropped. Stack playing in a role that he played all through his junior football has several poor games and gets a pass.

The hypocrisy is real.
Not sure how it’s hypocritical for the selectors to pick a player based on undoubtedly a number of factors to do with performance, development & upside, while not picking another. They obviously think they can get more out of Stack right now than Ross. To say it is based on race is a big accusation.

The hypocrisy is real.

What ? brother he played midfield against port and was unaccountable to his man and played way to wide. You add that to the several poor games he has had this season and he was dropped. I agree Stack has been average as well but he is at least being more consistent in opening the play.

Surprised to see Broad is the one to make way, I tend to agree with those saying he'll be back in next week but does that essentially mean Markov/Baker?(Can't think of anyone else who is drop-able and Liam would be pretty unlucky so I really don't know) are basically playing for their spot this week?

Markov could not have gone this week, to have been omitted twice after performing well would've been very harsh, I thought he would've gone forward and someone from the forward line would've gone but the way it's shaping up unless we have an injury or someone in the back-half has a poor game I'm not sure Broad comes straight back in. The other possibility is that given it'll be another 5 day break into the Eagles game maybe they have some players earmarked to be managed and he'll get back in like that, but it's a surprising omission for sure.

While I'm on the backline, Balta gets Stewart, Grimes gets Stringer so who takes the resting ruckman? I assume Grimes picks up the resting ruck, and Vlastuin moves across to Stringer. It makes the Broad omission all the more surprising.

Stack been given a ride. Corey Ellis offered us as much as Stack is and couldn't string together the continued run in the side that Stack is getting.
Im going to be balanced. I’ll back Stack and his talent to come good equally to how much George will stay crap.

Who put you on the selection committee? You have NFI. Stack wouldn't be omitted for Houli because they play different roles. Markov played well last week and it's good he's getting a game but make no mistake if this was a more formidable opponent Markov would have been omitted.
Now you have openly said that stack will be horrific tomorrow night. Let's wait and see
Nobody ‘put me on the selection committee’ you nuff, this is an online afl forum where people come to discuss their opinions. Dont cry because ive said stack is out form and deserves to be dropped because thats the truth, learning a new role or not most would rather broad in the side.

Dimma has said that we have a plug and play system. If there is no match up for Broad, and then you have Markov offering more as a rebounding defender then I think it's good call.

The selection for WC will be interesting though.

Cant believe we are discussing who plays on Stewart , Bellchambers , Stringer FMD
Stewart a GWS reject that only gets games when McKernan/Danniher are not playing and is just a meh player who has only managed 4 Games at less than a goal a game.

Bellchambers is a Ruckman that will most likely Ruck 60% of the time who is 108kgs and 31 years old averaging 0.2 goals a game this year and will struggle in the humidity and heat and will most likely be on the bench alot

Draper looks the goods but still new and very much like our Chol when foward but Chol is a good kick

Stringer will be puffed out by 3/4 time and useless up in Darwin

We have fast running players that will be putting so much pressure on these duds that im expecting atleast 4 goals from holding the ball free kicks in our foward line and the ball to ly out of their foward line with no pressure

Tigers 47 points

Lynch , Jack , Chol going to have a party with the backline they have
(200cm)Lynch/Francis(192cm)
(195cm)Jack/Hurley(195cm)
(200cm)Chol / Gleeson (192cm)

Jack will take Hurley 30-35mtrs out and Lynch/Chol will be Hi 5 ing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see Broad is the one to make way, I tend to agree with those saying he'll be back in next week but does that essentially mean Markov/Baker?(Can't think of anyone else who is drop-able and Liam would be pretty unlucky so I really don't know) are basically playing for their spot this week?

Markov could not have gone this week, to have been omitted twice after performing well would've been very harsh, I thought he would've gone forward and someone from the forward line would've gone but the way it's shaping up unless we have an injury or someone in the back-half has a poor game I'm not sure Broad comes straight back in. The other possibility is that given it'll be another 5 day break into the Eagles game maybe they have some players earmarked to be managed and he'll get back in like that, but it's a surprising omission for sure.

While I'm on the backline, Balta gets Stewart, Grimes gets Stringer so who takes the resting ruckman? I assume Grimes picks up the resting ruck, and Vlastuin moves across to Stringer. It makes the Broad omission all the more surprising.
Yep very bemusing. We need broad as he is a real defender and versitile. Our backline is already too short

I wonder if we had brought back the Egg, could we have had the longest head-to-head match-up in VFL/AFL history? If Eggmolesse-Smith and McDonald-Tipungwuti were in the same contest I think that could be the final straw for Macavaney to complete his journey to a gibbering wreck, slowly rocking back and forth in the box.

Poor move by the RFC - sometimes you just have to go for it when history is beckoning.

Reasons for not dropping players is baffling. It seems to be Graham, Stack >> Ross. I would've been dropping fwds. George first OUT. Broad must be MANAGED, and I think the selectors are seeing what Markov does over a stretch of games. Lucky for Chol & Aarts upside is we get more games into players.

I do think it is relevant though. If this was Corey Ellis or Jack Ross who were putting up the numbers Stack is, they would be booted from the side. The fact that it is indigenous round and Stack's history with it last year surely played a factor in keeping him, because his form sure as hell hasn't.
I don’t thing there is enough evidence for that given that Rioli, Stack and Castagna are kept in the side regardless of form or whether it is indigenous round or not. Selecting Stack because of his race would put a dent in the integrity of the selection panel and without solid evidence, I wouldn’t accuse the club of doing this IMO.

while stacks numbers were very low last week. Dimma would be rapt with 6 tackles, especially considering he only played 60% game time

Bumbers squad is significantly stronger than last week I think they’ll give a good account of themselves tonight this’ll be no walk in the park.

Looking at last nights game it was dewy at night making it tough for marking forwards. Reckon it may be tough going for Jack and Tom so we’ll need to be smarter than last week in forward entries.

What ? brother he played midfield against port and was unaccountable to his man and played way to wide. You add that to the several poor games he has had this season and he was dropped. I agree Stack has been average as well but he is at least being more consistent in opening the play.
Also been active defensively averaging over 4 tackles a game in the last 4 games. Now if he could get a bit more of the footy in the way that Bolton has done the midfield would be looking good for the future with the likes of Dow RCD Naish to also come in to the mix down the track.

I can't believe Broad has been dropped...

That said, a backline with Houli, Short, Baker, Markov and Balta is the most offensive I can remember us fielding in some time.
It says a lot about what we think of the Bombers forward line.
We’ll either spank them or they’ll have a bloody field day in their forward 50. Goes without saying I hope it’s the former but with our history when we’ve experimented away from our structures it more often than not goes haywire.

I’m not going to lie, I’m very worried, drugs are very attacking when they’re on song.

We’ll either spank them or they’ll have a bloody field day in their forward 50. Goes without saying I hope it’s the former but with our history when we’ve experimented away from our structures it more often than not goes haywire.

I’m not going to lie, I’m very worried, drugs are very attacking when they’re on song.
I’m worried too but Im always worried.
Fact is, we play them 10 times and we win 8.

would be just like the bummers to have tonight be one of the 2....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back