Autopsy Rd 13 Blues eclipse the Suns by 10 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I had CC after the 1st but Jack may sneak in with his better showing (5 goals vs GC this year).

Shai Bolton is the only other I can think of that may be a chance but only 1-2 quarters from him as well from what I gathered.

Surely Hipwood has to get a guernsey soon?

Watching the replay Ablett shoving Gibbs face into the ground (paid a free) in the 2nd was not a good look, nothing in the daisy connection, and I love Fisher

After re watching the game with a level head.
Casboult was still bad with the huge mistakes he made and the goals he missed but by George he crashed some packs and brought the ball to ground every time especially in the last quarter. He is unfortunately never going to be Wayne Carey but he brings to the team a physicality that the young guys can replicate. So sorry Cas you can stay but please handball it after taking one of your great contested marks.

We really need another tall forward to take a bit of heat off Cas and allow him to rest after swapping in the ruck. Time to play Harry.

Very few will ever approach carey. And we should judge Levi for what he is- a workhorse . He is pedestrian in his disposal , but he is not alone in that. He also is improving every aspect of his game so he is trying and we should give him the recognition of that. He will be a different player when Harry comes in I am sure

After re watching the game with a level head.
Casboult was still bad with the huge mistakes he made and the goals he missed but by George he crashed some packs and brought the ball to ground every time especially in the last quarter. He is unfortunately never going to be Wayne Carey but he brings to the team a physicality that the young guys can replicate. So sorry Cas you can stay but please handball it after taking one of your great contested marks.

We really need another tall forward to take a bit of heat off Cas and allow him to rest after swapping in the ruck. Time to play Harry.

If you "compare the pair" so to speak, Casboult and Lynch both had relative shockers and both dropped sitter chest marks.

However Casboult aside from his kicking (which was atrocious) did take some vital marks, did crash packs and did relieve Kreuzer in the ruck.

McKay is not ready for that yet, and if anyone saw his kicking for goal yesterday in the VFL it was as bad as Casboult's.

The write-ups said 3 years left.
After this year, Gibbs has 2 years to go.
If Gibbs wants to try for Adelaide again, SOS has a bit of room to do a deal in our favour that can be used as leverage in other deals. I suggest Adelaide's 2017 first and 2018 2nd. Perhaps a swap of 2018 second round picks.

Did someone say "LEVERage"?????

Of all the nights to have a twilight market ........... and to top it off, CH7 had a direct broadcast of the match into Sydney as well. :mad:

Was driving back from the Central Coast with the AFL app open on the phone checking it every couple of minutes, no radio coverage either.

FWIW - You can listen to radio coverage from several stations via links on AFL App

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On last nights commentary I lost count on how many times hamish(rattles on and on)McLachlan said we were up by 29 pts just 10 minutes ago now it's only 3.Fair dinkum he's just as bad as Basil.......nah on second thoughts no one is as bad as Basil!
FRom where I was sitting. Whenever Hamish was off air he was cheering clapping and fist pumping whenever we scored or did something out of the ordinary. Was great to see.

Don't know why, but watching him last night he reminded me a lot of... Cyril Rioli.

Obvious similarities - height, position, speed, reading the play. good evasive skills, and appear to stalk/hunt their opponents when they tackle. I think what set off the comparison to me, though, was it felt like Fisher just had so much influence... and yet had only 11 possessions and 5 tackles.

It's very early, and maybe the comparison is dumb. I don't think Fisher has the agility and clean hands that Rioli does, and he doesn't hit the scoreboard nearly as much as this point. Rioli was better in his first year, in a better team. And of course, it breaks all rules of comparing players to compare a non-indigenous player to an indigenous one, too...

Think Zac might also be indigenous - indigenous to NZ - Maori. He's a wee warrior!:D

Spot on. I watched a replay of the last quarter and zac and he did some fantastic things. He really stood up.
Not sure why but I'm not sold on Fish as I am with most of our other draftees. However he does remind me of a young Dahlhaus, and he was important in the last, which is rare for a first year.

If you "compare the pair" so to speak, Casboult and Lynch both had relative shockers and both dropped sitter chest marks.

However Casboult aside from his kicking (which was atrocious) did take some vital marks, did crash packs and did relieve Kreuzer in the ruck.

McKay is not ready for that yet, and if anyone saw his kicking for goal yesterday in the VFL it was as bad as Casboult's.
Not to mention he needs to spend his life in the weights room come pre season,his legs are like twigs. Wasnt getting alot of penetration in his kick for goal i noticed on the weekend.
Needs to bulk up plenty.

Not sure why but I'm not sold on Fish as I am with most of our other draftees. However he does remind me of a young Dahlhaus, and he was important in the last, which is rare for a first year.

Because he's small?
Will just go and check pressure acts for this week. Would be surprised if he's not top three.

EDIT: Only 14 this week. Seemed much busier than that to me.
Gibbs first with 24 and then Cripps & Cunningham with 20.

Fisher will be getting more possessions as he goes along. He's going to start standing out soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back