Preview Rd 13 - Richmond vs Sydney - Sat 17/06 1:45 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our kicking will be so important.
At Etihad it's a bit easier without a swirling breeze but at the G it's a bit tougher.
They'll have to lower their eyes again and go low to smaller targets same as last game .

Our kicking will be so important.
At Etihad it's a bit easier without a swirling breeze but at the G it's a bit tougher.
They'll have to lower their eyes again and go low to smaller targets same as last game .

Tougher to mark could work for us....more likely to hit the ground.

I thought Lennon and CEllis were certainties this week after reading the VFL reports. lol

Who said they were certainties merely said they played well. Good sign for the club that there wasnt a spot due to a solid senior performance as well. But i understand its you being petty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* yeah footy's on today... Win could really set us up for the back half of year - Hoping Nank touches up Naismith and makes the Swans regret ever letting him go. Bout time our forward line starts converting their chances and keen to see Bolton kick his first goal after breaking the world high-jump record for mark of the decade

The VFL form of Lennon and Lloyd has been pretty close, neither has done anything at AFL level but Lloyd did kick 35 goals last year so has more runs on the board. I reckon Lloyd is gone when Vlastuin is back so probably not even worth comparing the two.

Bolton, Castagna & Butler have all offered more towards the team than Lennon & Lloyd which is why they are being picked ahead.

When Vlastuin returns Lloyd will probably go, and if Griffiths returns or another tall is played Bolton will probably make way. Our best 22 is pretty settled so Lennon really does need to bang the door down, which in his case might involve doing more in midfield as he would struggle to get a game as just a forward unless he goes up a level. For all we know they might be developing his midfield game before he returns to the AFL.
We all know the match committee has their favourites and Lloyd is one. For some reason Lennon is not and it's anyone's guess as to why he is on the outer. I see heaps more upside in Lennon than Lloyd. He has had a lot of issues with illness and injury and just needs a run of games. We saw in late 2015 how good he can be before he was inexplicably dropped for the final.

We all know the match committee has their favourites and Lloyd is one. For some reason Lennon is not and it's anyone's guess as to why he is on the outer. I see heaps more upside in Lennon than Lloyd. He has had a lot of issues with illness and injury and just needs a run of games. We saw in late 2015 how good he can be before he was inexplicably dropped for the final.

He kicked 1.4 in the five games leading up to finals that year. Two of those games were absolute smashings, so it's not like it was hard to score. His disposal numbers were mostly okay.
Don't get me wrong, I think he deserves a call-up, but looking back it's easy to see why he was dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back